Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

Silly question about posting

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2018, 05:22 PM
San Diego Ron
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Silly question about posting

Why don't my posts (Title) show up in BOLD lettering and everyone else's does?
Old 11-16-2018, 05:35 PM
Rodnok1
Melting Slicks

Received 104 Likes on 92 Posts

Usually bold title means it's a thread with posts you haven't read IIRC.
Old 11-16-2018, 10:37 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by San Diego Ron
Why don't my posts (Title) show up in BOLD lettering and everyone else's does?
Bold titles means they have new content in the thread since you've last opened the thread or since marking forums as read.

If you post a new thread and go back to the index, your title will not be bold because you've had read the post after it was submitted.

If you read new posts via the Subscriptions and then return to the index to see your thread listing, your title will not be bold because you've opened the thread and there's no new content.
Old 11-17-2018, 10:24 AM
San Diego Ron
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks J T, my 77 year old brain is having hard time getting this straight. You say if I make a new thread highlighting title as bold and contune on with my post, then submit, title will show up in bold print as long as I don't go back to view my post to see if it has poster?
While I have your attention may I ask another question...last couple times when posting have written body then when I add photos, the pictures get posted but the text is lost, now what am I doing wrong?
Thanks again, really love being on this forum and it has been more helpfull to me than you can imagine.
Old 11-17-2018, 03:17 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by San Diego Ron
Thanks J T, my 77 year old brain is having hard time getting this straight. You say if I make a new thread highlighting title as bold and contune on with my post, then submit, title will show up in bold print as long as I don't go back to view my post to see if it has poster?
While I have your attention may I ask another question...last couple times when posting have written body then when I add photos, the pictures get posted but the text is lost, now what am I doing wrong?
Thanks again, really love being on this forum and it has been more helpfull to me than you can imagine.
The bold thread titles are not a member option. It is done by the system. So even if a member tries to make a bold thread title, it will not work. The system controls if a thread title is bold or not and it's different per member because members have different read and unread content.

In short, there is no issue and the member cannot do anything about the bold or not bold thread titles because it's controlled by the system based on unread or read content within the thread.

Regarding pictures, it's one of the known issues and is part of the following multi-page thread:
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-pictures.html

Get notified of new replies

To Silly question about posting

Quick Reply: Silly question about posting