1966 Convertible top validation

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2021, 12:43 PM
Hyecorvette
Heel & Toe
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1966 Convertible top validation

I have a 66 convertible with a Beige top. The Car was produced on 4/6/1966 and shipped to Hicks Chevrolet in Washington, DC.
In 66, only 411 convertibles were produced with this color top. The car was restored by a previous owner who didn't retain the tank sticker and the top was replaced during the restoration process. The VIN tag only contains the color/interior codes (988/420). I have checked under the seats which were replaced during restoration; no luck.
Is there any other place else in/on the car that could validate that this car originally came with Beige top?

Old 01-10-2021, 01:40 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Hyecorvette
I have a 66 convertible with a Beige top. The Car was produced on 4/6/1966 and shipped to Hicks Chevrolet in Washington, DC.
In 66, only 411 convertibles were produced with this color top. The car was restored by a previous owner who didn't retain the tank sticker and the top was replaced during the restoration process. The VIN tag only contains the color/interior codes (988/420). I have checked under the seats which were replaced during restoration; no luck.
Is there any other place else in/on the car that could validate that this car originally came with Beige top?
This Help section is for Help with the CorvetteForum website (account issues, etc.,) and is not the place to post technical questions about Corvettes. Instead, please find the correct section, based on the generation of the Corvette.

Go back to the main forum page:
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/

Now start to slowly scroll down until you see your generation of Corvette listed.

C1 or C2 (1953 - 1967)?:
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...2-corvettes-4/

We encourage new members to take some time to browse around the site and read the Announcements and Stickies as they contain important and frequently asked information.

Thank-you

Quick Reply: 1966 Convertible top validation