Logging in on lap top.

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2021, 03:17 PM
Borntorun04/17
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 622 Posts

Default Logging in on lap top.

I have been trying to log in on my lap top it won’t let me in plus my user name this wrong . It showing Borntorun04 but it was changed to Borntorun04/17 a few years back. I try to just add /17 to Borntorun04 in user area then use pass word but no go. Strangely I have no problem logging in using my iPhone. I’m not much of a computer person so not sure if it’s a forum problem or a computer problem. Thanks for any help or advice !
Old 08-22-2021, 04:24 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Borntorun04/17
I have been trying to log in on my lap top it won’t let me in plus my user name this wrong . It showing Borntorun04 but it was changed to Borntorun04/17 a few years back. I try to just add /17 to Borntorun04 in user area then use pass word but no go. Strangely I have no problem logging in using my iPhone. I’m not much of a computer person so not sure if it’s a forum problem or a computer problem. Thanks for any help or advice !
That you say "plus my user name this is wrong" when you describe trying to log into CorvetteForum using your laptop, it sounds like you're using the browser's password manager and that's probably where your issue is.

The error does not indicate which (username or password) is incorrect. If one receives the incorrect username and/or password error, then the username and/or password supplied is incorrect. It's that simple. I don't know if you're using browser's password manager on your phone to log in and you've forgotten the correct password for the account or not.

As long as you know your username and password, I would suggest deleting the one in your browser's password manager. How you do that depends on the browser you're using. I would suggest looking at the browser's online Help community for in-depth topics using a particular browser. Or if you're using the password manager on your browser's phone, it's possible you have forgotten the correct password for the account. In that case, you will need to do a Reset password.

Also, there no longer is a "Borntorun04" username on CorvetteForum. It was updated in 2017 to Borntorun04/17. Therefore, you cannot attempt to use "Borntorun04" as part of the login or it will fail because that is no longer a valid username.
Old 08-22-2021, 04:43 PM
Borntorun04/17
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 622 Posts

Ok thanks for replying. Two days ago I was able to log in on lap and it showed Botntorun04/17. I phone a shows Borntorun04/17 and has no problems logging in . I will see if I can find someone to walk me thru removing it from browser. Thanks again
Old 08-22-2021, 04:46 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Make sure you're actually receiving the incorrect username and/or password message. If you supply an incorrect username and/or password, you will be given that message specifically.

If, instead, you simply get directed back to the login area and/or you're not shown as logged in, then that's likely a corrupt cookie in the browser and is different.

Get notified of new replies

To Logging in on lap top.

Quick Reply: Logging in on lap top.