Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

Blocking political posts, users.

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2023, 07:02 AM
wadenelson
Burning Brakes

Received 332 Likes on 199 Posts

Default Blocking political posts, users.

Since it isn't possible to NOT SEE all political, religion, and off-topic posts on the NEW POSTS page

WHY isn't it possible to block seeing ALL posts by a particular individual who seems to love stirring the political pot, day after day?

Could this person be forced to post all their off topic/religious/political b.s. under a different, non-Moderator account?

I'll never understand why some folks believe Corvette Forum is the "right" place to express all their political beliefs, AS IF we were
all of one mind about certain issues!

I've read some real CRAP here, like "....Life support system for a vagina". I'll PM a screenshot of the comment/commenter if you doubt me!

The moderators don't think there are any ladies who own Corvettes and belong to CF? Or dyed-in-the-wool liberals?

Last edited by wadenelson; 07-11-2023 at 10:36 AM.
Old 07-11-2023, 10:37 AM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by wadenelson
Since it isn't possible to NOT SEE all political, religion, and off-topic posts on the NEW POSTS page

WHY isn't it possible to block seeing ALL posts by a particular individual who seems to love stirring the political pot, day after day?

Could this person be forced to post all their off topic/religious/political b.s. under a different, non-Moderator account?

I'll never understand why some folks believe Corvette Forum is the "right" place to express all their political beliefs, AS IF we were

I've read some real CRAP here, like "....Life support system for a vagina". I'll post a screenshot of the comment if you doubt me!

You don't think there are any ladies who own Corvettes and belong to CF?
Maybe because there's a section of the forum for political posts. It's called Politics & Religion.:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...d-religion-88/
Old 07-11-2023, 10:43 AM
wadenelson
Burning Brakes

Received 332 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by Vette_DD
Maybe because there's a section of the forum for political posts. It's called Politics & Religion.
SOME folks can't keep their political opinions separated from Corvette discussions: Witness YOUR comment, DD:

>Moderators have asked to keep their politics out of this section of the forum.
>But, sorry, didn't know you were that fond of Biden.
Old 07-11-2023, 11:26 AM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The answer to your question as to "why" is because the account must be an Administrator or Moderator. By default, they cannot be ignored via the software.

If you have an issue with the Administrator or Moderator, contact lead Administrator Savewave.

Posting about this in the open forum is not accepted, per the Guidelines:
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...questions.html

Short-term, if you want to block the Political forum from appearing in your New Posts, you can bookmark this link:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/sear...new&exclude=88

Please note if you click on the link, it will execute and can't bookmark that excuted link as the search results expire. You must copy/paste the above link. You can easily copy/paste the above link as a Bookmark in your browser and use it, short-term, while these concerns are considered.

Thank-you.

Originally Posted by wadenelson

I've read some real CRAP here, like "....Life support system for a vagina". I'll PM a screenshot of the comment/commenter if you doubt me!

The moderators don't think there are any ladies who own Corvettes and belong to CF? Or dyed-in-the-wool liberals?

Get notified of new replies

To Blocking political posts, users.