In loving memory of lost CorvetteForum Brothers and Sisters Memorials honoring Corvetteforum members lost to death.

Frank Genova (Another Yellow),

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 12:31 AM
Gary2KC5
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Frank Genova (Another Yellow),

1st I must say I hope this section, however significant and important, remains small with low traffic. That said...

I want to discuss how much I apprieciated Frank's informatiion. For those of use that were trying to get a 06' Z06 he provided information that dealers were just unable to provide.

Frank provided production numbers, info, and defused mis-information. My dealer always was a bit confused as to why I always knew more information than they did.

I'm not 100% sure...but pretty sure that Frank was responsible for providing me with info that lead to a private tour of BG while watching the last hours of my Z's build. I got to start the engine for the 1st time, see the odo with zero miles, and drive it off the line.

I was crushed when I learned...that just days after entering the golden years of retirement, he had a heat attack on the tennis court and died.

A classic example of "life just sucks" sometimes. Very, very unfair!

If this section was live a few years ago, Frank's thread would have been huge. Life is not fair sometimes.

RIP Another Yellow

Last edited by Gary2KC5; 03-17-2008 at 08:03 PM.
Old 03-16-2008, 02:58 PM
Glennm27
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,408 Likes on 611 Posts
2017 C7 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Contributor

I had the pleasure of meeting Frank at Carlisle with Tracey & Ernie a few years back. An extremely nice guy.....

What a shame to have earned his retirement only to be taken right away..

God works in mysterious ways..
Old 03-16-2008, 04:12 PM
Jesse
Administrator

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
Founder St. Jude Fundraiser

I didn't know Frank personally, but, I do remember his generosity when he sent me a PM offering to send me an extra discount coupon he for any GM product/part. Just a wonderful gesture of paying it forward to help another
I'll always remember that RIP Frank
Old 03-17-2008, 07:49 PM
TRAYC7
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
NCM Ambassador
CI-3-4, 9 & 10 Car Show Winner
CI-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10,'14, '16
St Jude Fedex Bowl Donor '09

To my dear friend Frank....
Wow there arent enough words I can put together to express my feelings for my friend Frank..... Frank and I meet on the forum several years ago... and then met in person at the museum shortly after that.... I was drawn to Frank because he had a passion for corvettes that you just dont find in many people.... there are your enthusiasts... and then there was Frank..... I believe in my heart that Frank knew more about the corvette than some of the engineers that built it.... If there was something I wanted to know I had Frank on my cell phone to call at anytime.
Frank always had the first of any model change or special addition corvette.... he worked diligently with GM and the dealerships to make sure his was one of the first... which in my opinion he deserved.... He was so proud of his Z06 when it hit the streets in 2006.... and he wasnt selfish with his toys... he drove down from New York to meet me here at my house to then let me drive that new Z06 onto Bowling Green.... he said he enjoyed watching his car on the road... that he wouldnt get that opportunity often.... such a giving/caring person....

I can remember another time when we were together at a corvette museum auction... I had bid quite a bit on an item but had been outbid and decided it was more than I could afford... Frank whispered in my ear and said I will pay the difference... get that item for yourself.... I was relunctant but he insisted.... I always gave him partial ownership for that item that still sits on my shelf......
I was so proud of this forum for pulling together in order to purchase a bench at the corvette museum... it sits there today and will for a long time in the future honoring our corvette friend's passionate memory....Thanks again everyone !!

I know Frank had a deposit on the first ZR1 sold at Stanford.... I have a vision in my mind of him smiling ear to ear driving that 620 HP car....he would of loved to be part of all the ZR1 discussions he so enjoyed on this forum.....

Frank I miss you dearly..... Your friend Tracey
Old 03-20-2008, 10:29 AM
iceburgh
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'10

Every year at Carlisle Frank would be the 1st person at the truck in the morning always looking to just share a thought or asking if we needed any help. I am going to miss that and the talks we would have
Old 03-21-2008, 06:55 PM
RFC2
Burning Brakes

I did not know him, but he sure was a help during those confusing first months of C6Z production.
Old 03-23-2008, 01:43 PM
6spdC6
Team Owner

Location: Northern NYs Adirondack Mountains,http://www.visitsacandaga.com.
Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Frank was a very decent fellow that just happened to be a Vette fanatic. As a member of the C5/6 registry since 1998 I used to see some items from Frank on the net. He appeared to be very outgoing and knowledgeable.

Met Frank for the first time at Carlisle 98 and saw him and talked with him their every year since. In summer 06 we emailed each other and agree to park side by side on the hill top where the C5 registry hung out. We did that to put my 05 DSOM Vert next to his AO coupe so people could get a good “outdoor” side by side comparison.

We also went to Mane a couple times to raise money for Cancer research. As usual Frank was leading the pack with enthusiasm and items for donation to help the event.
I am privileged to say that Frank was a friend of mine!
MISS YOU BUDDY.
Old 03-28-2008, 12:56 PM
Busted Knuckle
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 17 Posts

Every year @ Carlisle he would stop by and make some small talk about the cars. I don't think he ever had the same car two years in a row. Nice guy.
Old 04-07-2008, 04:35 AM
zeeman
Le Mans Master

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

In 2006 when I had a 'sold retail order' from my selling dealer on my 2007 Z06...GM Raises the pricing something like $3000. The Dealer informed me I had to pay the difference...though I was thinking since I had a SRO in hand, that I should have been price protected.....Reading some posts here on the Forum from Frank, I thought he may be the one to PM and ask his opinion on my plight with the Dealer in question. He quickly PM'd me back and told me I was right in my thinking and he would contact some of his friends in high places within GM and get back to me. He wanted to know some info like the Dealers' name and the Order # etc...... Within a day or two, I received a call from my Dealer saying they had some good news for me...That I was indeed price protected!!!!! LOL!! Now I am in West Virginia and that Dealer was from Indianapolis!! Hmmmm..I wondered to myself..was this Franks' doing? Well, @ Carlisle a couple months later, had the honor of meeting Frank on C5 Registry Hill...and introduced myself to him. When I asked him about that dilemma I was in with the Dealer and if he had done something....he just gave me that smile and simply said, "maybe"...then he winked!!!

Then saw he had tragically died on the tennis court shortly after that.....What a loss for us and the Forum!!

Will miss ya Frank!!
Old 04-10-2008, 12:08 AM
81cali
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Gary2KC5
1st I must say I hope this section, however significant and important, remains small with low traffic. That said...

I want to discuss how much I apprieciated Frank's informatiion. For those of use that were trying to get a 06' Z06 he provided information that dealers were just unable to provide.

Frank provided production numbers, info, and defused mis-information. My dealer always was a bit confused as to why I always knew more information than they did.

I'm not 100% sure...but pretty sure that Frank was responsible for providing me with info that lead to a private tour of BG while watching the last hours of my Z's build. I got to start the engine for the 1st time, see the odo with zero miles, and drive it off the line.

I was crushed when I learned...that just days after entering the golden years of retirement, he had a heat attack on the tennis court and died.

A classic example of "life just sucks" sometimes. Very, very unfair!

If this section was live a few years ago, Frank's thread would have been huge. Life is not fair sometimes.

RIP Another Yellow
It is always unfair when someone leaves us unexpectedly. I'm pretty sure he touched a lot of lives. Please accept my deepest sympathy.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:32 PM
chris36053
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I only had the chance to talk with Frank here on the forum and through PM. He didn't know me from a hole in the wall but was so willing to help and answer any question i had no matter how stupid they sounded. I would search his posts every night when i signed on to the forum. Now when i think of Frank i find myself still searching his posts to this day, some for information but mostly just to remember a great guy and Corvette enthusiast.
I'm sorry i never got to meet him. He was taken from us far to early. He had such an impact on me as a person and Corvette owner that i've been trying every year of registration to try and get his plate in my state of NH but it's already taken. One of these years i will get it.
Good people are hard to come by and Frank Genova was one of the best. Frank you are truly missed by many. Thanks for everything you've done for all of us.
Old 05-11-2008, 05:05 PM
Zippy
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In 2, 9 & 10 Veteran
St Jude donor '09

We first met Frank at the 2nd annual C5 Registry Bash in BG. Our friendship continued from that day on.

When Frank came to Detroit to pick up a new Vette at Stanford Chevy, he stayed with us and we looked forward to each visit from him....always smiling, always upbeat.

I remember the time I called him one afternoon just to say hi and see what's new. First thing he said, "do you know where I'm at?" "The NCM in KY, I replied....No, he said I'm in Europe and it's 3AM. Little did I know he was with the C5 Registry annual trip to the Lemans 24 hour race. I felt so bad for waking him...but know what? He just laughed as he realized I had no idea.

Frank was from NY, and I from Detroit. Our phone calls always started like this: "Frank, this is Tony from Detroit....he would reply, "Frank, from NY." We laughed at the apparent gangster lingo.

Every time I go back to the NCM I walk over to his memorial bench and put my hand on the back rest...my way of "reaching out" to Frank.....my friend.

I miss you so much Frank Genova.

Tony from Detroit

Last edited by Zippy; 05-11-2008 at 05:07 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old 09-10-2008, 08:34 PM
curvesman
Safety Car

Received 126 Likes on 88 Posts
C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified 2020

RIP Frank! Got to talk to him before he passed on. Was really upset to find out back then, and now that I found this thread.
I remember he was in line to get one of the first (blue devils) ZR1
Wish he could have
Old 09-20-2008, 03:58 AM
rarthur
2nd Gear

I am really impressed by this thread. This is very nice one. Genova is my best person. He is very talented and kind hearted.

--------------------------------------
Richard Arthur
Free Car Loans
Old 12-28-2008, 02:13 PM
6spdC6
Team Owner

Location: Northern NYs Adirondack Mountains,http://www.visitsacandaga.com.
Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

With the start of a New Year soon I am making this a TTT in memory of Frank.

I have been around Frank a bit, and that included Carlisle and a couple other events.

The last 2 Carlisle’s seemed a bit sad without Frank being there to shoot the breeze with.
It is said only the good die young. Knowing Frank I think that is very aproproiate.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:17 PM
jluke
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

You are right Dave, Carlisle just isn't the same on the Hill without Frank. He would be very sad to see the plant closed for two months and the prospect of the Corvette hanging in the balance.

Get notified of new replies

To Frank Genova (Another Yellow),

Quick Reply: Frank Genova (Another Yellow),