In loving memory of lost CorvetteForum Brothers and Sisters Memorials honoring Corvetteforum members lost to death.

Very close to my time. want to thank you all!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 07:04 PM
countslav
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 09-29-2009, 12:32 AM
WILDONETHIRTYSEVEN
Pro

RIP RYAN
Old 09-30-2009, 12:30 PM
Suj138
Cruising

Rest in peace Ryan. You and your family are in my prayers.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:37 PM
Rolling Thunder
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03

Rest in Peace Ryan. see you soon.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:44 PM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,623 Likes on 1,742 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17, '21

Originally Posted by Rolling Thunder
Rest in Peace Ryan. see you soon.
Dave, prayers for you. I lost my Best friend of 20 yrs suddenly earlier this year and then Ryan May your journey to see them be peacful and as pain free as possible.
Old 10-05-2009, 02:37 AM
hunterman
Instructor

I'll be praying for Ryans family, such a heartbreaking story. I just spent the last hour reading the blog. I cant imagine loosing your child at only 19yrs old.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:51 AM
Smmmokin'
8th Gear

Rest in peace Ryan. You are now in a better place. . .
Old 10-06-2009, 09:04 PM
charlene
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Originally Posted by RY'SZ06
Over the last year i have been battling one of the rarest fastest growing types of cancer, Aveolar rabdomyosarcoma. unfortunately things have taken a turn for the worst and i have tumors growing faster than my vette vs. a pedal bike. i found and got my dream vette and joined this forum. i got a 2003 zo6 torch red with mod red interrior. but onto why i really wanted to write this post to say thank you to all who have been nothing but helpful and so inciteful with anything that i have had a question about. unfortunately i didnt get to attend any meets with the group but could only imagine how awesome it would be with this great forum. i am within my last month at tops here on earth and to me i beleive everything happends for a resason and theres a reason i got my vette and got hooked up with the forum.

I am wanting to turn my vette over to my dad and hopefully he will start using my screenname on here and get joined up with you! theres one of our family friends im also trying to have hookup with the forum. i asked my dad to at least get on here once to type up a in memoriam post through his eyes to really show what i showed and loved through my vette.

I am from columbus, OH and have had some really good newspaper articles and little clips wrote up on me over my year with the columbus blue jackets and oppurtunities that has made my last year quality of time amazing. my dad and uncle have a blog they have been keeping up if anyone is interested its www.teamsalmons.com

Again, thanks to all. I love this forum and love my vettes and all vettes.

Thanks

Ryan Salmons
God bless you Ryan i myself am a breast cancer and lung cancer survivor,I sit here reading your story and i am crying and i dont even know you i dont know what to say you must be a hell of a strong person i could not do what you are doing talking about the last days of your life like you are doing.GOD BE WITH YOU.Charlene
Old 10-12-2009, 07:06 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

A man way beyond your years Ryan God Bless you and your family, and many friends
Old 10-14-2009, 03:20 PM
j-wireman
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by snowmanmdp
As I sit here reading this thread with my eyes filled with tears, I would love to say something but I can't muster up anything more than, what an amazing young man.

Thank you to everyone who kept us informed. But, mostly, thank YOU, Ryan.

Old 11-27-2009, 11:17 AM
Da Vett
Advanced

Yesterday was Thanksgiving! As my family and I said our Grace before our meal, I glanced around my table and was very thankful that my wife and children are all healthy. Out of nowhere Ryan's story came to mind. I remembered my post on here from June.
I know this must be a tough time for Ryan's family as they will be going through the Holiday season without him. I just want them to know that their son was an extraordinary young man.
While I never met Ryan, I was still able to learn from his tremendous courage! As you can see from the numerous posts here, Ryan touched many people with his courage. He will not be forgotten!!

Tom
Old 11-28-2009, 10:24 AM
tdbarnes
Racer

I had a very nice exchange of messages with Ryan before he passed away. My wife was in the last stages of her cancer at the time and has since passed away. I visited my son in Nashville a couple of weeks ago and stopped at the national corvette museum. I saw Ryan's wonderful memorial brick. He was very compassionate toward my wife even though he was going through so much himself. I pray for him and his family every night. He was and is a hero, as is my wife. Thank you God for Ryan and my wife Pat. tdb
Old 12-01-2009, 10:20 AM
fasthwks
Drifting

Received 54 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Da Vett
Yesterday was Thanksgiving! As my family and I said our Grace before our meal, I glanced around my table and was very thankful that my wife and children are all healthy. Out of nowhere Ryan's story came to mind. I remembered my post on here from June.
I know this must be a tough time for Ryan's family as they will be going through the Holiday season without him. I just want them to know that their son was an extraordinary young man.
While I never met Ryan, I was still able to learn from his tremendous courage! As you can see from the numerous posts here, Ryan touched many people with his courage. He will not be forgotten!!

Tom
You know I did the exact same thing on Thanksgiving day myself, I was outside Thursday morning and Ryan crossed my mind so I jumped in the Z and took a ride down to Ryans grave just to talk to him for a minute. He is only 10 minutes from me so I catch myself stopping quite often. I met Ryan by chance one afternoon when he was looking at a car that I was selling and I ended up hiring him to work for me, three years later I would have never guessed this would happen but I am thankful that he called me that day just to look at my car because it started a great friendship with a unbelievable young man and a great car guy.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:44 PM
Da Vett
Advanced

Fasthwks,

What a great thing for you to do on Thanksgiving! I am sure that Ryan was looking down from Heaven smiling. I am sure that he was happy that you drove the Z to see him. I have always said that Corvette owners are very special people! I am sure that you feel truly blessed to have known such a courageous young man. Take care.

Tom
Old 12-02-2009, 05:29 PM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,623 Likes on 1,742 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17, '21

Originally Posted by Da Vett
Fasthwks,

What a great thing for you to do on Thanksgiving! I am sure that Ryan was looking down from Heaven smiling. I am sure that he was happy that you drove the Z to see him. I have always said that Corvette owners are very special people! I am sure that you feel truly blessed to have known such a courageous young man. Take care.

Tom
Yesterday was the 7 month anniversary of Ryan's passing. It is always nice to see that his memory lives on. His Facebook page is always filled with new posts
It was sad that we lost Ryan so close to me losing Rick but Ryan enlightened me to the meaning of a lot of things and for that I will never forget him
Old 12-04-2009, 01:50 PM
BigTexas
Burning Brakes

Rest now brother, forever sleep in the grace of angels.
Old 12-06-2009, 02:10 PM
GARYFINN
Team Owner

Location: S/W ,Fla-Ohio State Football isn't a matter of life or death,Its Much More serious than that
Received 1,142 Likes on 592 Posts

God Bless your family and you.

Get notified of new replies

To Very close to my time. want to thank you all!

Old 12-25-2009, 09:18 PM
silver shadow
8th Gear

Default my prayer

Ryan I have not been on the forum for a long tme I am a christian man and when I hit my knees tonight you and your family will be in my prayers God Bless you and keep you.EG
Old 12-27-2009, 05:36 AM
choko
Advanced

Originally Posted by DebRedC504
Yesterday was the 7 month anniversary of Ryan's passing. It is always nice to see that his memory lives on. His Facebook page is always filled with new posts
It was sad that we lost Ryan so close to me losing Rick but Ryan enlightened me to the meaning of a lot of things and for that I will never forget him
i am also in the younger crowed on this forum... i read every page of this. very very sad my god always be with him,....
Old 12-27-2009, 10:40 AM
SexxyGurl
Le Mans Master

just read everything.......just ...wow!

Box of tissue...gone
Both sleeves.....cannot absorb anymore

All I can think of to say....

Thanks for gracing this earth with your presence. Parents....thank you for allowing this grace to walk into our lives.

Peace be with you. Your physical pains have been diminished....sigh

Wishing the family peace,,,this holiday season!

Quick Reply: Very close to my time. want to thank you all!