In loving memory of lost CorvetteForum Brothers and Sisters Memorials honoring Corvetteforum members lost to death.

Goodbye step-dad...

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 11:54 PM
c1j1c2
Pro

Received 108 Likes on 55 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Default Goodbye step-dad...

Today at 11:45 CDT, Chester Budzinski, (forum member chetb) passed away at 70 years of age from his last 3 month battle with lung cancer. He was also a vietnam veteran and proud step-father of 4 kids. In his life since age 17, he's owned a total of 8 corvettes, lastly owning a 1964 Silver Blue Coupe and a 2007 Silver metallic Coupe. Before his passing, he gave me his 1964 Coupe. I already own a 2007 Lemans Blue and will cherish this new gift as much as my own car and try to uphold and keep it in the best condition possible.

Several weeks ago it became apparent he was unable to drive, and I'm proud of being able to finally take my step-dad for a ride after him giving me so many rides as a kid. I hope I do him proud in keeping up the tradition and can only graciously thank him for all the wonderful knowledge and love of the corvettes he's passed onto me.

-Christopher

Old 04-08-2012, 10:51 PM
FlyerVette
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by c1j1c2
Today at 11:45 CDT, Chester Budzinski, (forum member chetb) passed away at 70 years of age from his last 3 month battle with lung cancer. He was also a vietnam veteran and proud step-father of 4 kids. In his life since age 17, he's owned a total of 8 corvettes, lastly owning a 1964 Silver Blue Coupe and a 2007 Silver metallic Coupe. Before his passing, he gave me his 1964 Coupe. I already own a 2007 Lemans Blue and will cherish this new gift as much as my own car and try to uphold and keep it in the best condition possible.

Several weeks ago it became apparent he was unable to drive, and I'm proud of being able to finally take my step-dad for a ride after him giving me so many rides as a kid. I hope I do him proud in keeping up the tradition and can only graciously thank him for all the wonderful knowledge and love of the corvettes he's passed onto me.

-Christopher

You must of been a very good son to him and even though he was your step-dad he was probably very proud to call you son.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:28 AM
ZR-71
Team Owner

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

You were there with him for much of your step-Dad's life and he was there for your family. He was obviously a wonderful father. And I have no doubt you will make him proud in caring for his Corvette. I see it listed in your profile already.
Very sorry for your loss
Old 04-09-2012, 08:46 PM
Mike lory
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for your loss Will be praying for you and your family.

Get notified of new replies

To Goodbye step-dad...

Quick Reply: Goodbye step-dad...