Intros New Corvetteforum member introductions & welcomes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello to all my Corvette friends

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 10:46 PM
vipers
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello to all my Corvette friends

Hi guys...new to the forum here. I actually just wanted to ask what you all thought of my situation. I've always wanted a C5 Z06 and I can definitely afford one by next year. I'm driving a Honda S2000 now...it's not exactly what I wanted but it's fun and I got a great deal on it.

Anyway, my only problem is that I don't have a beater yet and I live in NJ. I made it through this winter with the Honda and it was pretty bad...and I wouldn't dream of going through an entire winter with just a Z06. I would definitely have a beater by the time I bought it...but I would want to use the Z06 as often as possible in the spring/summer. I make good money for my age, but I don't make enough to pay $30k for a car that I can only drive once a week.

So, my questions are as follows:

-Does anyone use the car very often, or do the majority of owners just use them as a Sunday car?

-Is it a terrible idea to buy a used Corvette? (I had some fast cars in the past that I bought used with alot of problems, and it was just a headache. But I can't afford the price tag of the C6 )

Sorry if any of you didn't think I searched good enough. I tried my best but like I said I'm brand new and I'm just learning the site. Thanks to anyone that responds to my questions.

Matt
Old 05-13-2007, 03:42 PM
jstrutt
Racer

Welcome Matt!
Old 05-13-2007, 09:15 PM
KenC6
Burning Brakes

Welcome to the Forum, they're great for getting up to speed on all Vette things and you will also meet a lot of new friends.

Regarding how often people drive their vettes, you will find many actually drive it every day, as I do. I would guess people in warmer climates drive theirs more than those further north.

Many people do buy used vettes. In fact you can find some very good deals on used vettes. Some of them with few miles on them. You just need to have them checked out thoroughly before you buy them.

Hope this helps.
Old 05-14-2007, 12:17 PM
vipers
Heel & Toe

Thanks alot guys!
Old 05-14-2007, 06:41 PM
Lady K
Burning Brakes

Welcome Matt! Bought my C5 used. Got an extended warranty which covered the problems i had other than that the used vette has been terrific and mine is a semi daily driver.

Get notified of new replies

To Hello to all my Corvette friends

Quick Reply: Hello to all my Corvette friends