Intros New Corvetteforum member introductions & welcomes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Z06 Owner

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 10:22 PM
rpmextra
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 261 Likes on 173 Posts
Default New Z06 Owner

Hi everyone, My name is James, I'm 31, and I am very proud to say that I recently purchased my dream car. on the 30th of January, I purchased a 2009 Z06 at a local Mercedes dealership. Found the poor thing sticking out like a sore thumb, sitting there with a pack of benz's.....got the right deal.....towed her home. I live near Canada's capital (Ottawa) so January is no place for a vette up here. That being said, i haven't even got to drive it yet , but I have it much earlier than planned as I didn't think I would get one till near the end of summer, however things fell into place rather nicely. I used to own a 93 LT1 T/A. I sold it about a week before bring the Z home. I could not help myself has I already made an order of bolt-ons...Kooks LT & Xpipe, borla S type System, K&N Intake.....but will drive the car bone stock for a week or 2 in order to appreciate the upgrades. The sheer size of this community is overwhelming and most are so polite....proud to be a part of the corvette forum.
Old 02-21-2014, 07:19 AM
gilhuly
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

Congrats and welcome to the forum!
Old 02-21-2014, 07:43 AM
rpmextra
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by gilhuly
Congrats and welcome to the forum!
Thank you
Old 02-21-2014, 07:54 AM
Racerdj
Melting Slicks

Received 284 Likes on 180 Posts

Congratulations on your new ZO6 and welcome!
Old 02-21-2014, 08:34 AM
rpmextra
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

anyone know the right format for profile pics? I can't seem to get them to work. Thanks
Old 02-21-2014, 09:20 AM
guappy
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome to the forum
Old 02-21-2014, 03:18 PM
Eric ray
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome, can we see what she looks like?
Old 02-21-2014, 03:24 PM
rpmextra
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Eric ray
Welcome, can we see what she looks like?
Thanks everyone
Eric, that's what i've been attempting to get around. i can't seem to save any photos to my profile or my avatar. I have many and would love to show the new car off a bit . Do i need a premium membership to show pics? they can't be that big as they are taken with my phone.
Old 02-21-2014, 09:01 PM
rpmextra
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Old 02-21-2014, 09:10 PM
rpmextra
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Old 02-21-2014, 09:15 PM
427 Pilot
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to CF
Old 02-21-2014, 09:56 PM
rpmextra
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Plastic Dipped the chrome wheels black, i was looking for a more aggressive look.....didn't need all the flash!
Old 02-21-2014, 10:25 PM
ZOHSIC
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

welcome from another new Z06 owner in Canada
Old 02-22-2014, 11:41 AM
mrmtrtrnd
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome to the Forum James and congratulations on your good looking Z
Old 02-22-2014, 10:37 PM
rpmextra
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks everyone once again. Now if this stupid snow can melt, I'll be able to finally drive it
Old 02-23-2014, 06:59 PM
2010BlueGS
Melting Slicks

Welcome to the forum from So Cal !!!
Old 02-25-2014, 11:25 PM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 677 Likes on 504 Posts

Originally Posted by rpmextra
Hi everyone, My name is James, I'm 31, and I am very proud to say that I recently purchased my dream car. on the 30th of January, I purchased a 2009 Z06 at a local Mercedes dealership. Found the poor thing sticking out like a sore thumb, sitting there with a pack of benz's.....got the right deal.....towed her home. I live near Canada's capital (Ottawa) so January is no place for a vette up here. That being said, i haven't even got to drive it yet , but I have it much earlier than planned as I didn't think I would get one till near the end of summer, however things fell into place rather nicely. I used to own a 93 LT1 T/A. I sold it about a week before bring the Z home. I could not help myself has I already made an order of bolt-ons...Kooks LT & Xpipe, borla S type System, K&N Intake.....but will drive the car bone stock for a week or 2 in order to appreciate the upgrades. The sheer size of this community is overwhelming and most are so polite....proud to be a part of the corvette forum.
Greetings James,

Welcome to the forum! Congrats on your 'Vette as well. Excited to drive it this summer?

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Get notified of new replies

To New Z06 Owner

Old 02-26-2014, 08:41 AM
rpmextra
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Chevy Cust Svc
Greetings James,

Welcome to the forum! Congrats on your 'Vette as well. Excited to drive it this summer?

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Thanks William, and yes am I ever. I live in the Ottawa, Gatineau region and should be able to take her out in April depending on the weather of course. Hopefully it doesn't delay too much. I'm sooooo stoked. There aren't a whole lot of vette's around my area and even less Z's, so it should stand out . there are lots of civics, mustangs, audi's, vw's and impreza's.....the 5th gen camaro is gaining some ground.....but that's about it. I was in Oshawa Ontario a few years back.....and all there was was muscle....brought a smile to be away from all the fart canons...but i try to be unbiased and believe we should be allowed to like what we like. Of course the same in return would be nice. I found a local tuner through this forum at Lantech Motorsports. I will book a date with him and install my bolt-ons shortly before. Id like to run it bone stock for a least a couple weeks. This car has much more power than my T/A and weighs much less,and would take a few miles with her to break "me" in. I have driven a C6Z06 before but be honest, it wasn't mine, I pulled hard in 1st....smiled then casually drove it for a couple more minutes...it wasn't mine and i don't beat on other peoples cars. I am a mechanic, and drive lots of cars but that car is what made me so motivated to buy one....and it was only a cruise I have had lots of driving expierience with a c5 (indy 500 pace car) did a road trip with one and pretty much drove the whole way back....loved it.
Old 02-26-2014, 04:49 PM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 677 Likes on 504 Posts

Originally Posted by rpmextra
Thanks William, and yes am I ever. I live in the Ottawa, Gatineau region and should be able to take her out in April depending on the weather of course. Hopefully it doesn't delay too much. I'm sooooo stoked. There aren't a whole lot of vette's around my area and even less Z's, so it should stand out . there are lots of civics, mustangs, audi's, vw's and impreza's.....the 5th gen camaro is gaining some ground.....but that's about it. I was in Oshawa Ontario a few years back.....and all there was was muscle....brought a smile to be away from all the fart canons...but i try to be unbiased and believe we should be allowed to like what we like. Of course the same in return would be nice. I found a local tuner through this forum at Lantech Motorsports. I will book a date with him and install my bolt-ons shortly before. Id like to run it bone stock for a least a couple weeks. This car has much more power than my T/A and weighs much less,and would take a few miles with her to break "me" in. I have driven a C6Z06 before but be honest, it wasn't mine, I pulled hard in 1st....smiled then casually drove it for a couple more minutes...it wasn't mine and i don't beat on other peoples cars. I am a mechanic, and drive lots of cars but that car is what made me so motivated to buy one....and it was only a cruise I have had lots of driving expierience with a c5 (indy 500 pace car) did a road trip with one and pretty much drove the whole way back....loved it.
That's awesome!

We wish you endless miles of smiles .

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 03-03-2014, 01:27 PM
DreamCarC7
Instructor

Welcome! Looks amazing!

Quick Reply: New Z06 Owner