Intros New Corvetteforum member introductions & welcomes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Proud c5 owner

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 12:27 AM
༇Legacy༡
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Proud c5 owner

Howdy all!
As of Friday, 14 March 2014, I am now a proud owner of a 2002 pewter metallic c5 hatchback! I have been looking for a good deal on a Vette for the past year or so, and when our local dealership brought in a used one (which is highly unsual, as there are only a handful of Corvettes in my town), I had to take a look. 1 owner, relatively "low" mileage, detailed maintenance, clean CarFax, and people I know on the inside, it was too good to pass up.

So I didn't. And I don't think I'll ever regret this buy.

My wallet might, though. Not that any work needs to be done to this beauty; however, it is an LS1, and I have a feeling that I will be delving into the aftermarket. As for now, there are a few small projects I will be starting shortly:

1. Double din touch screen install. The first owner had an aftermarket head unit, sub, and auxiliary components installed, but took them out before trading it in. In place is a very sh*tty "stock" re-install job done that needs to be pulled out. She left her sub box and all the wiring hooked up, so might as well fill the gap!

2. Header back exhaust job. Currently, I am in awe of the Borla XR-1 system. I'm looking around for anyone selling one, though I'm not crazy about there being only 2 exhaust exits. I love the 4 barrels sitting nice and shinney below the rear!

3. New bulbs or headlights. I have not made up my mind to keep the flip ups or not, but I definitely would like some brighter, more sharp looking light.

4. B pillar and roof vinyl wrapped black with darker tinted windows to match.

5. Larger sway bars.

6. Interior accents. Maybe I'm weird, but I don't think the interior is THAT bad... But those visors GM put in might be the most useless piece of cloth-wrapped-plastic I have ever seen. I was amazed at how bad they were made.

Yes, most is aesthetic- this is going to be my daily driver, and I want her to last as long as she can, so any other modifications will be mild and as close to stock as I can keep it.

Last edited by ༇Legacy༡; 03-20-2014 at 12:38 AM.
Old 03-20-2014, 12:31 AM
2010BlueGS
Melting Slicks

CONGRATS!!! Welcome to the forum from So Cal !!!
Old 03-20-2014, 12:37 AM
༇Legacy༡
Heel & Toe

Thanks! That Jetstream blue on your GS is probably my favorite color GM has put out! If I ever have to repaint mine, I would go with a color similar to that.
Old 03-20-2014, 07:39 AM
gilhuly
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

welcome to the forum!
Old 03-20-2014, 12:24 PM
Eric ray
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome aboard.
Old 03-20-2014, 12:43 PM
Rj-lo
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

pictures or it didnt happen....

congrats!
Old 03-20-2014, 12:56 PM
༇Legacy༡
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by Rj-lo
pictures or it didnt happen....

congrats!
Haha she's a bit dirty, but I'm off work today, so I'm going to take her to get washed. I'll post some pics afterwards.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:50 PM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 677 Likes on 504 Posts

Originally Posted by ༇Legacy༡
Howdy all!
As of Friday, 14 March 2014, I am now a proud owner of a 2002 pewter metallic c5 hatchback! I have been looking for a good deal on a Vette for the past year or so, and when our local dealership brought in a used one (which is highly unsual, as there are only a handful of Corvettes in my town), I had to take a look. 1 owner, relatively "low" mileage, detailed maintenance, clean CarFax, and people I know on the inside, it was too good to pass up.

So I didn't. And I don't think I'll ever regret this buy.

My wallet might, though. Not that any work needs to be done to this beauty; however, it is an LS1, and I have a feeling that I will be delving into the aftermarket. As for now, there are a few small projects I will be starting shortly:

1. Double din touch screen install. The first owner had an aftermarket head unit, sub, and auxiliary components installed, but took them out before trading it in. In place is a very sh*tty "stock" re-install job done that needs to be pulled out. She left her sub box and all the wiring hooked up, so might as well fill the gap!

2. Header back exhaust job. Currently, I am in awe of the Borla XR-1 system. I'm looking around for anyone selling one, though I'm not crazy about there being only 2 exhaust exits. I love the 4 barrels sitting nice and shinney below the rear!

3. New bulbs or headlights. I have not made up my mind to keep the flip ups or not, but I definitely would like some brighter, more sharp looking light.

4. B pillar and roof vinyl wrapped black with darker tinted windows to match.

5. Larger sway bars.

6. Interior accents. Maybe I'm weird, but I don't think the interior is THAT bad... But those visors GM put in might be the most useless piece of cloth-wrapped-plastic I have ever seen. I was amazed at how bad they were made.

Yes, most is aesthetic- this is going to be my daily driver, and I want her to last as long as she can, so any other modifications will be mild and as close to stock as I can keep it.
Welcome and congrats on your acquisition! Thanks for joining us and we wish you many miles of smiles .

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 03-22-2014, 08:21 AM
427 Pilot
Safety Car

Welcome to CF
Old 03-22-2014, 08:32 AM
guappy
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome
Old 03-22-2014, 09:56 AM
Racerdj
Melting Slicks

Received 284 Likes on 180 Posts

Congratulations on your C-5 and welcome!
Old 03-25-2014, 09:29 PM
jerrysc7
Racer

Welcome!
Old 03-26-2014, 02:49 PM
chip_500hp
Racer

Welcome to the forum!

Get notified of new replies

To Proud c5 owner