Intros New Corvetteforum member introductions & welcomes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hoping not to offend anyone

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 04:32 PM
HBN-I
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hoping not to offend anyone

I just signed up today. I must admit the only reason was to try and sell my car. It is a 1982 mostly all original black car with 58k original miles. I am confused as to what the car is really worth. It has all original paint except for the front bumper and left headlight door. The paint is not perfect. it has a 2 or 3 spider cracks about the size of a quarter and has been slightly polished through on a couple of edges. These imperfections are not visable from 5 feet.The leather cover on the drivers seat back has a 1/4" tear on the outer bolster and the outer bolster on the seat cushion cover has been replace. Out side of that the interior is all orginal and in very nice. The car has mirrored T-Tops. The engine still has the crossfire injection and runs very well except for a very slight miss at idle when cold which I believe is characteristic of the crossfire. Transmission is also original and shift fine and is dry.Looking at Hagerty's car valuation,I would put the car in a weak class 2 or a very strong class 3. My problem is that I can not even get a response from my Craigslist add pricing the car at $11,500. Am I asking too much ??. Again, I am not trying to offend anyone but I would like to see the car go to someone who would appreciate the car. Any input would be appreciated,
Old 08-26-2015, 05:47 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

You're more likely to get a better response if this were posted in the C3 General forum.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3-general-119/
Old 08-26-2015, 10:27 PM
Brandons72vette
Le Mans Master

Received 58 Likes on 44 Posts

Welcome from a C3 owner, and I will say that the best way to tell if you are asking too much or too little is PICTURES. Pictures are worth a thousand words. So my advice is to please post pictures so that we can help you better.
Old 08-27-2015, 07:25 AM
gilhuly
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

good luck and welcome!
Old 08-27-2015, 08:45 AM
jehuds10
Race Director

Received 72 Likes on 59 Posts

Welcome, good luck with the sell.

Get notified of new replies