Intros New Corvetteforum member introductions & welcomes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 2016 1LT Owner

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2015, 11:55 PM
linbed
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 2016 1LT Owner

Hello all! New owner in Houston Tx! Great forum that I've been lurking around since a chance encounter with a Corvette back in 2008. It all started on a business trip to San Francisco....Flight was delayed 4 hours...get into the airport around 11pm...Head over to the Hertz counter and was greeted with, "Sorry, we're out of the full size you requested...we only have two cars left....this Hyundai....or THIS C6 CORVETTE!!! (ZHZ)...but your suit case might not fit"....I had a beast of a suit case...My response...."Convertible? Screw the suit case...Lets put the top down and get this suit case in and I'll be on my way" I was in love...Had the car for a week. Barely did any work that week...Instead drove up and down the coast on Pacific Coast Highway 1. It was beautiful and a week I'll never forget.

Fast forward 7 years...After years (12 out of college) slaving away in corporate America, finally living the dream of reaching....middle management! Celebrated by turning in the 2002 Honda Accord for a 2016 Corvette 1LT. Transparent roof, gps/pdr, black wheels, and logos.

Mother came with me...She is older and not a car person at all. I was a huge Knight Rider fan growing up. She encouraged it by getting my first KITT 3 wheeler. I think my love for the crazy technology in that show set up an interest which led to my career as an engineer. Anyways, the second I walked into the show room and saw this car...and my mom said, "Hey that looks just like KITT!" I quickly corrected her saying KITT was a Pontiac Transam! She responded, "Psh, they don't exist anymore" Disappointed, with that realization, I begrudgingly agreed that this was the closest car out of GM that resembled 1980's KITT. I knew immediately I wasn't going to leave the dealership without it. I took a picture of it in all of it's glory in the show room before I even spoke to a sales person....Attached....

Buying process was super easy, GM Supplier discount....Now trying to slowly drive 500 miles for break in...

Looking forward to interacting on this forum!!! I hope to take her to the NCM and do the Xperience sometime next year.
Attached Images   

Last edited by linbed; 10-01-2015 at 12:08 AM. Reason: kitt pic
Old 10-01-2015, 07:02 AM
gilhuly
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

welcome to the forum!
Old 10-01-2015, 02:38 PM
jehuds10
Race Director

Received 72 Likes on 59 Posts