Mountain - Prairie Colorado | Kansas | Montana | North Dakota | Nebraska | South Dakota | Utah | Wyoming

Is there any good affordable performance transmission shop in Denver?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 06:15 PM
Dannywg
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there any good affordable performance transmission shop in Denver?

Ok so i have a level 5 RPM tranny rebuild on my procharged c5. My car has the a4 and and vigilante converter and stall with 373 gears. I'm having a weird zzzzzzz noise and my tranny got hot yesterday. I'm unemployed right now so i'm on a real budget. Can anyone please suggest a tranny mechanic or shop that is trustable,very affordable, and is familiar with my setup and can fix whatevers wrong. I need it fixed asap as its my daily driver and i need it to get a job.If there's a tranny mechanic on here you all know or if your one let me know if you need some work. Any work or parts i've gotten done well, i've made sure to spread the word, so it helps everyone. Any suggestions or help i would really appreciate. Oh and please don't suggest some performance shop that just outsources their tranny work.
Old 06-10-2014, 09:51 PM
petsur
Burning Brakes

Received 72 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Dannywg
Ok so i have a level 5 RPM tranny rebuild on my procharged c5. My car has the a4 and and vigilante converter and stall with 373 gears. I'm having a weird zzzzzzz noise and my tranny got hot yesterday. I'm unemployed right now so i'm on a real budget. Can anyone please suggest a tranny mechanic or shop that is trustable,very affordable, and is familiar with my setup and can fix whatevers wrong. I need it fixed asap as its my daily driver and i need it to get a job.If there's a tranny mechanic on here you all know or if your one let me know if you need some work. Any work or parts i've gotten done well, i've made sure to spread the word, so it helps everyone. Any suggestions or help i would really appreciate. Oh and please don't suggest some performance shop that just outsources their tranny work.
I know Colorado Performance Unlimited works with S/C LS's and Tick Performance Trans upgrades.
Old 06-11-2014, 12:50 AM
Dannywg
Intermediate

Originally Posted by petsur
I know Colorado Performance Unlimited works with S/C LS's and Tick Performance Trans upgrades.
Thank you, i haven't heard of them,will look into them now.
Old 06-11-2014, 01:07 AM
Dannywg
Intermediate

Looked them up and they actually sell my rpm tranny there, but i think they just sell and install rpm trannys. I don't think they work on or repair rpm trannys. I can't even find the install part on their website, just found that they retail sell that tranny. I need a place that specializes in fixing and building performance transmissions inhouse, no middlemen.Thank you anyways,was a good lead!
Old 06-11-2014, 07:08 AM
petsur
Burning Brakes

Received 72 Likes on 43 Posts

Looked them up and they actually sell my rpm tranny there, but i think they just sell and install rpm trannys. I don't think they work on or repair rpm trannys. I can't even find the install part on their website, just found that they retail sell that tranny. I need a place that specializes in fixing and building performance transmissions inhouse, no middlemen.Thank you anyways,was a good lead!
It's a shop with 3 lifts, they only work LS stuff and when I was there last, Trent was rebuilding type of automatic. You should talk to him.
Old 06-11-2014, 08:19 AM
S.U. Vette
Pro

It's a shop with 3 lifts, they only work LS stuff and when I was there last, Trent was rebuilding type of automatic. You should talk to him.
Trent sends his performance trans builds to Dave at Advanced Transmissions in Ft Collins.
Old 06-11-2014, 02:46 PM
Dannywg
Intermediate

Originally Posted by S.U. Vette
Trent sends his performance trans builds to Dave at Advanced Transmissions in Ft Collins.
yes, i need to call them as their website tells nothing about their services. Maybe i looked at a different website with a really close name. Maybe they an online retail site
Old 06-11-2014, 03:30 PM
S.U. Vette
Pro

yes, i need to call them as their website tells nothing about their services. Maybe i looked at a different website with a really close name. Maybe they an online retail site
I'm sure you're looking at the right website. If you want to avoid the middle man, like you said, then just call Dave directly.

Advanced Transmissions in Ft Collins

Get notified of new replies

To Is there any good affordable performance transmission shop in Denver?

Quick Reply: Is there any good affordable performance transmission shop in Denver?