Mountain - Prairie Colorado | Kansas | Montana | North Dakota | Nebraska | South Dakota | Utah | Wyoming

North Texas Vert owners weigh-in please

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 08:51 PM
Roblutts
Advanced

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts
Default North Texas Vert owners weigh-in please

Divorce final almost here (yay!!!) - time for my midlife crisis and I've always said I would buy a vette and it's that time. I'm in the Dallas area (Plano more specifically) and want a convertible & a M7. Some people are telling me the heat makes it hard to enjoy because either the sun is beating down on my thinning/receding hair line or with the top up the black top increases the heat. Thoughts from N. Texas vert (or similar climate) owners please. The M7 is also something I've noticed is hard to find and the few out there don't sell very quickly, which is kind of disappointing. I agree with the hardcore manual drivers out there that it makes it an experience driving one vs. simply putting in in "D" and letting the car do the rest. I have a company car (Nissan Altima) that takes the bulk of my driving. The vette would be my fun car and garaged. Any thoughts would be appreciated! I appreciate the knowledge I've acquired on this forum so far! Counting down the days.....

Rob
Old 04-06-2017, 09:12 PM
KEZ06
Melting Slicks

Received 66 Likes on 53 Posts

Rob
I love mine 22 seconds up or down. I am in your neck of the woods. First vert. Wouldn't change a thing.
The following users liked this post:
Roblutts (04-06-2017)
Old 04-06-2017, 09:15 PM
Whataguy
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 80 Likes on 38 Posts

I'm a little cooler here in Central Texas, but I say if you can do it with no second thoughts financially.......DO IT!! I went from '05 convertible to '14 coupe and now just got back to '17 Vert, I missed the convertible. There will be many days in the summer that you just decide NOT to take it but there's a whole bunch more days that you just say Fudge It and Go. Definitely go with the M7, so much more fun to DRIVE than an Auto.

As for the receding hairline.......wear a cool looking ball cap, you're good to go.

Old 04-06-2017, 09:25 PM
Roblutts
Advanced

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Whataguy
I'm a little cooler here in Central Texas, but I say if you can do it with no second thoughts financially.......DO IT!! I went from '05 convertible to '14 coupe and now just got back to '17 Vert, I missed the convertible. There will be many days in the summer that you just decide NOT to take it but there's a whole bunch more days that you just say Fudge It and Go. Definitely go with the M7, so much more fun to DRIVE than an Auto.

As for the receding hairline.......wear a cool looking ball cap, you're good to go.

Thanks! Horseshoe Bay definitely a beautiful place! Good to hear and for sure I figure many "winter" days could be enjoyed as well. Yeah, I think I have to go with M7. Even if it costs me during resale.

A nice Corvette ball cap should do the trick on the head also right?
Old 04-06-2017, 10:32 PM
KEZ06
Melting Slicks

Received 66 Likes on 53 Posts

Yep a z06 cap is perfect
Old 04-07-2017, 12:58 AM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 4,002 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Rob,
I'm in the Dallas, Texas area as well. I'm also in the market for a new C7 M7 vert too. That's a good point about the Blk top in our Texas heat - although I believe that there's bound to be a layer of sound deadening, and heat insulation material just below the actual roof material?

​​​​​​​ I know of one that if still available, may strike your fancy that I saw in Austin, Texas the other week. It's @ Auto Nation Chev. a new 2016 Z51 3LT M7 Arctic White Blk Top Blk interior. Ron Pryor Sales Mgr. offered me the car less -17% off MSRP. I don't recall the msrp, or price after discount. It was the only Vert they had. Here's a pic:

Roblutts (04-07-2017)
Old 04-07-2017, 01:06 AM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Rob,
FYI:
Friendly Chevrolet on Stemmons Frwy. in Dallas has a 2017 Z51 A8 (AutoTrans) Vert White/Blk Top/ Blk interior.

Classic Chevrolet in Grapevine, Texas has a 2016 Z51 A8 (Auto Trans) Blk/Blk/Blk Vert they offered me -14% off MSRP the other week.

IF, they've still got 'em.
Roblutts (04-07-2017)
Old 04-07-2017, 09:04 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Default Rob,

Here's the Chevrolet dealership worksheet/offer they made to me March 10th: I'm not interested in a Z51, is why I didn't pursue it. An $84,050.00 new 2016 Z51, 3LT, M7 Vert for $75,934.52.

​​​​​​​.

Get notified of new replies

To North Texas Vert owners weigh-in please

Quick Reply: North Texas Vert owners weigh-in please