Mountain - Prairie Colorado | Kansas | Montana | North Dakota | Nebraska | South Dakota | Utah | Wyoming

Independence Pass Question(s)

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2018, 08:45 PM
Sicky
Racer

Received 372 Likes on 187 Posts
Default Independence Pass Question(s)

My wife and I are planning a road trip next week and plan on driving Independence Pass on or around July 5th. We'll be coming up from the Texas Hill Country, traveling through Lubbock, Albuquerque, then north to CO Springs.

I just recently had 4 new MPSS's put on my stingray and was wondering if the road conditions could pose a safety problem this time of year?

Also, we plan on visiting Pike's Peak, Garden of the Gods, Seven Falls, and whatever else we decide to see. Are there any other must-see or must-drive places we should try to hit?
Old 06-27-2018, 11:39 PM
CLLOFF
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Sicky
My wife and I are planning a road trip next week and plan on driving Independence Pass on or around July 5th. We'll be coming up from the Texas Hill Country, traveling through Lubbock, Albuquerque, then north to CO Springs.

I just recently had 4 new MPSS's put on my stingray and was wondering if the road conditions could pose a safety problem this time of year?

Also, we plan on visiting Pike's Peak, Garden of the Gods, Seven Falls, and whatever else we decide to see. Are there any other must-see or must-drive places we should try to hit?
Its to going be 101 tomorrow in Denver. On occasion, I've have seen snow flurries in July on the high mountain passes but the road are usually warm. You should be fine. Also you might want to consider a trip up to Rocky Mountain National Park, including over Trail Ridge Road if you have some time. Taking the peak to peak highway is a nice drive.
Old 06-28-2018, 10:19 AM
Black18Z06
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

Clear Crek canyon between Golden and Black Hawk might not be a must see but it sure can be lots of fun. Especially if there's no traffic.
Old 06-28-2018, 02:56 PM
Sicky
Racer

Received 372 Likes on 187 Posts

Excellent information. Thank you both! I suspect traffic on Friday will impact some of the places like Trail Ridge Road. We will most likely stay in Silver Plume on Thursday night then checkout the railroad on Friday morning.

Just wish we had more time there before heading back south to Carlsbad caverns on Saturday.

Get notified of new replies

To Independence Pass Question(s)

Quick Reply: Independence Pass Question(s)