Carlisle Count Down Is On

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 08:30 AM
Mike Terry
Le Mans Master

Received 270 Likes on 202 Posts

Default Carlisle Count Down Is On

I will be leaving one week from today (Wednesday) for Carlisle. Baring any trouble it should be about a 10 hr. drive pulling the trailer. I hope to get there, unload the car and other things and have my first drink in hand on site by 3:00pm next Wednesday. I think this year we will be cooking on site for lunch and dinners also. We will be doing hamburgers and other things for lunch and steaks and more for dinners. Oh yeah a few 7 - 7's all day long also. A day or two I think we will do some shrimp wrapped in bacon on skurs on the grill with a few 7-7's also. We can't afford to feed you all or serve you all drinks but you are all welcome to stop by if you will be passing our booth spaces (M153 - M155) and say Hi and that you are a CORVETTE FORUM MEMBER. I will have a Vette there For Sale and 2 trailers For Sale on the booth spaces, plus a few other things, you can't miss us. I will be the one having a good time
Mike
Old 08-18-2010, 11:14 AM
vette1963
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 43 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Terry
I will be leaving one week from today (Wednesday) for Carlisle. Baring any trouble it should be about a 10 hr. drive pulling the trailer. I hope to get there, unload the car and other things and have my first drink in hand on site by 3:00pm next Wednesday. I think this year we will be cooking on site for lunch and dinners also. We will be doing hamburgers and other things for lunch and steaks and more for dinners. Oh yeah a few 7 - 7's all day long also. A day or two I think we will do some shrimp wrapped in bacon on skurs on the grill with a few 7-7's also. We can't afford to feed you all or serve you all drinks but you are all welcome to stop by if you will be passing our booth spaces (M153 - M155) and say Hi and that you are a CORVETTE FORUM MEMBER. I will have a Vette there For Sale and 2 trailers For Sale on the booth spaces, plus a few other things, you can't miss us. I will be the one having a good time
Mike
Mike,
I will be in spaces M 50-51 selling Corvette tees, Stop by and say hi. Also Corvette Forum dinner Friday night at 7pm Hoss's steak house if you can make it.

Gary
Old 08-18-2010, 02:26 PM
Mike Terry
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by vette1963
Mike,
I will be in spaces M 50-51 selling Corvette tees, Stop by and say hi. Also Corvette Forum dinner Friday night at 7pm Hoss's steak house if you can make it.

Gary
Gary I will stop by.
Mike
Old 08-18-2010, 04:50 PM
vette1963
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Gary I will stop by.
Mike
Mike,
Can you make the dinner Friday night?
Old 08-18-2010, 09:03 PM
Mike Terry
Le Mans Master

We should be able to do dinner on Friday night. There will be me and 3 others if that is OK.
Old 08-19-2010, 07:33 AM
Mike Terry
Le Mans Master

Now only 6 days till we leave for Carlisle. I brought my 20' enclosed trailer home and it is cleaned out and ready to load. I have 3 coolers ready, one for food, one for drinks and a small one to transport ice from Motel to the bigger coolers that will stay in the trailer on our spaces. The grill is ready with 2 tanks of propane. I have the small trailer in the garage ready to load up in the back of my pickup truck along with a few other things. I think all I need to do now is pack cloths and drugs. You know when you get older you need drugs (Rx) to keep us feeling 1/2 way young again. You know a little 7-7 helps also. I will be picking a bunch of Tomato's to bring just before we leave alone with some Zukes and Onions to cook on the grill. We will have to find a place in Carlisle to buy steaks and other meats to cook on the grill when we get there. Anyone know a GOOD place to buy steaks etc in Carlisle? I will load most everything up next Tuesday and strap it all down. See you all there. STOP by M153-M155 and say HI.
Old 08-19-2010, 09:38 AM
67's
Le Mans Master

Received 381 Likes on 267 Posts

Mike,
There is a large supermarket, past gate 3 on the backside of the fairground about a 1/2 mile away, I think it is a Giant.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:15 AM
Mike Terry
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Tom McCabe
Mike,
There is a large supermarket, past gate 3 on the backside of the fairground about a 1/2 mile away, I think it is a Giant.
Thanks Tom, we will stop there and get some shrimp, bacon, steaks and what ever else we forget.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:33 AM
vette1963
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

We should be able to do dinner on Friday night. There will be me and 3 others if that is OK.
Mike,

There is another post where you can sign up for the dinner and get name tags for you and your guest. Look for the name Mike Mercury, he has the info. See you Friday.

Gary
Old 08-19-2010, 11:53 AM
Mike Terry
Le Mans Master

OK and I will stop by your booth space also. I will be getting to my booth space Wed. afternoon, hopfully about 2:00pm should be unloaded and canopys up and drink in hand by 3:00pm Gary, I know one of the guys with me is on the Forum but he is on in a different section. He has C4 cars, but we won't hold that over his head to much.

Last edited by Mike Terry; 08-19-2010 at 11:57 AM.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:01 PM
YO-EL
Race Director

Received 869 Likes on 434 Posts

Room wanted for Sat night...
Old 08-19-2010, 12:37 PM
vette1963
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by YO-EL
Room wanted for Sat night...
Check Hotwire. com. They have 3 1/2 stars hotels for $89.00.

Gary
Old 08-19-2010, 01:14 PM
khblair
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In 9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

Mike
sounds like a good time for sure. will be there on Saturday
Old 08-19-2010, 03:42 PM
Mike Terry
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by khblair
sounds like a good time for sure. will be there on Saturday
Stop by M153- M155 and say Hi.
Old 08-19-2010, 04:22 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default ==> The CHUCK CoW Carlisle COUNTDOWN CLOCK - COOL FREE DOWNLOAD <===

ATTENTION CARLISLE GO-ERS!

"WHEN IS CARLISLE" You ask?!?!

Well then....With the NEW

CORVETTES of WESTCHESTER

CARLISLE COUNTDOWN 2010

ATOMIC ALARM CLOCK

You'll be ABSOLUTELY SURE

NOT TO MISS THIS YEARS

CORVETTES @ CARLISLE 2010!

Chuck CoW has done it again!

This TOTALLY FREE CARLISLE COUNTDOWN

CLOCK is sure to remind you of when to leave

for this AMAZING EVENT!!!

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE CARLISLE COUNTDOWN!!!

YES! It's ACCURATE to the MILLISECOND!!!

IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE ADOBE FLASH PLAYER - CLICK HERE!

DON'T MISS OUT!!!

Hope to see you there!

CHUCK CoW

Old 08-20-2010, 06:36 AM
Mike Terry
Le Mans Master

CHUCK CoW, that is how you do a Count Down Clock. All I am doing is making sure that everything we need to have a good time will be with us. Food, drinks, etc. I have everything except items that need to be in the cooler in the garage already and most of it in a big tote tub I have. I only need to pick the tomatos and Zuks and put the ice in the coolers with the food and drinks that need to stay cold put the cooler in the trailer, strap it down and off we go. I know wife will be glad to get rid of me for a few days. The thing that she don't know is I will be just as glad to get rid of her for a few days also she knows I will act like an
Old 08-22-2010, 08:18 AM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Received 720 Likes on 462 Posts

Just A quick FYI for those using the Pa Turnpike / Cow path this week.

BLUE MT. (201) To CARLISLE (226) | MILEPOSTS: 216 - 229 TOP ROADWAY REPAIRS OCCASIONAL SINGLE LANE CLOSURES; SHOULDERS CLOSED
6:00 AM - 6:00 PM SUNDAY THROUGH THURSDAY BOTH DIRECTIONS

Get notified of new replies

To Carlisle Count Down Is On

Old 08-22-2010, 08:47 AM
Mike Terry
Le Mans Master

Z06RL Thanks for the heads up on the road condition for the Turn Pike, that will come in handy . Most everything we need for Carlisle is setting in the garage waiting to be loaded up.I just need to pack my cloths and go out to the garden and pick some fresh veggies to bring with us to put on the grill and have with the steaks. I figure about an hours worth of loading to do on Tuesday and we are set to go. I will put the on ice on Tuesday along with the steaks Tuesday evening. Going to the butcher shop Tuesday afternoon to get the steaks, that way they will be good and fresh. I can't wait to go and the wife can't wait to get rid of me for a few days. I don't think I will have to mow the grass before we go because we have not had rain in 3 weeks now and my grass looks like a dryed up hay field. We may very well put some steaks on the grill Wed late afternoon after we get there and unload.
Hope you all stop by M153-M155 and say Hi and that you are on the Forum. Please drive carefully and see you there. We will also be at the Forum dinner on Friday evening.
Old 08-22-2010, 11:02 PM
atmsrus1
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Z06RL Thanks for the heads up on the road condition for the Turn Pike, that will come in handy . Most everything we need for Carlisle is setting in the garage waiting to be loaded up.I just need to pack my cloths and go out to the garden and pick some fresh veggies to bring with us to put on the grill and have with the steaks. I figure about an hours worth of loading to do on Tuesday and we are set to go. I will put the on ice on Tuesday along with the steaks Tuesday evening. Going to the butcher shop Tuesday afternoon to get the steaks, that way they will be good and fresh. I can't wait to go and the wife can't wait to get rid of me for a few days. I don't think I will have to mow the grass before we go because we have not had rain in 3 weeks now and my grass looks like a dryed up hay field. We may very well put some steaks on the grill Wed late afternoon after we get there and unload.
Hope you all stop by M153-M155 and say Hi and that you are on the Forum. Please drive carefully and see you there. We will also be at the Forum dinner on Friday evening.
Steaks, Drinks I'm in.... What might you have in the booths that you have. Anything I may be interested in...

Russell
Old 08-23-2010, 03:15 AM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default Make sure you guys stop by!

Make sure you guys stop by our booth

and say HI!

Chuck CoW

Quick Reply: Carlisle Count Down Is On