Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 10:55 AM
racelance
Melting Slicks

Received 120 Likes on 68 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Default CORVETTES AT CARLISLE - Official Thread - August 22-24, 2014

Corvettes at Carlisle August 22-24, 2014

Below are a few links and descriptions regarding the upcoming 2014 Corvettes at Carlisle event:

1. Corvettes at Carlisle Website – be sure to check back frequently; we're continually updating our website to reflect any new activities!

2. Registering your Corvette for the Fun Field Sponsored by Corvette America. When you register you'll receive parking within the Fun Field area, a goody bag full of awesome goodies and a commemorative Corvettes at Carlisle T-Shirt.

--> 1964 Corvette Reunion - It's the 50th year celebration for the 1964 Corvette so we plan on making a big splash about it!

--> Corvette Race Reunion - Don't miss this awesome display of incredible Corvette race cars.

--> Corvette Challenge Car Reunion - The famous Corvette Challenge Cars that races from 1988-1989 will be showcased along with the beautiful race reunion area, this will be a great display!

3. Directions to/from Carlisle, PA

4. Event details for the weekend - We'll update this frequently so be sure to check back often.

5. Hotel Information & Contact List

6. Weather in Carlisle, PA

7. Saturday @ NOON - August 23, 2014 - REV YOUR ENGINES for 15 seconds & follow with a moment of silence. A tribute for my father, Chip Miller, who passed away from amyloidosis (more info: ChipMiller.org). This rev is for every Corvette hobbyist who lost a loved one or dear friend – let them hear and feel the rumble!

8. Chip's Choice is a special invitation-only display inside of Building T that highlights one aspect of the Corvette hobby. This year's theme will focus on the story behind the car. We're seeking Corvettes that honor relationships related to the vehicle. Such as a bonding experience through a restoration, or perhaps a love story that turned into marriage and etc.

10. We’re delighted to have the Chevrolet Team during Corvettes at Carlisle. This year expect to see a large number of Engineers and other GM team members sharing their knowledge on the all new Corvette. This will be something every Corvette enthusiast won’t want to miss!

If you have any questions, please feel free posting them here & I'll be happy to answer them for you. I'm looking forward to another incredible year; we appreciate your support!

If anyone has anything else that would be helpful to add - please feel free posting it here.

Again, I'm looking forward to another wonderful year of Corvettes at Carlisle!

Life is good,

Lance Miller

PS To get the latest up to date information sign up for our ENEWSLETTER - CLICK HERE!
Old 11-05-2013, 11:48 AM
jimmymack
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11,'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21,'22-'23-'24

Already signed up, hotel room booked, life is good!
Old 11-06-2013, 12:29 PM
GS Diva
Safety Car

Received 142 Likes on 79 Posts

We had our hotel reservations for 2014 confirmed when we checked in at this year's Corvettes at Carlisle. Registered for the 2014 Fun Field as soon as we got to the Fun Field this year. Now for the LONG wait!!

Elaine
Old 11-09-2013, 07:11 PM
zipity
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 670 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Already bought my Fun Field Pass, it's #12. So that means there is 11 crazier people in world than me!
Old 11-10-2013, 11:24 AM
GS Diva
Safety Car

Received 142 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by zipity
Already bought my Fun Field Pass, it's #12. So that means there is 11 crazier people in world than me!
Yes, I'm one of those crazy people!

Elaine
Old 11-17-2013, 09:39 PM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Received 720 Likes on 462 Posts

Registered and room booked. I just click "ditto" every year.
Old 11-19-2013, 09:12 PM
Dk Gy Met
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, maybe I missed it - when I went to the Carlisle site, I didn't see Corvette Forum in the list of clubs.

I'm sure many people are members of local clubs, but wouldn't there be enough interest for those without local clubs to attend as Corvette Forum Members?

Or is there more to it than that?
Old 12-09-2013, 05:43 PM
racelance
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Dk Gy Met
So, maybe I missed it - when I went to the Carlisle site, I didn't see Corvette Forum in the list of clubs.

I'm sure many people are members of local clubs, but wouldn't there be enough interest for those without local clubs to attend as Corvette Forum Members?

Or is there more to it than that?
You didn't miss seeing the Corvette Forum listed as a club or registry, we're seeking to narrow down on true clubs and registries versus forum sites. For instance many on the CorvetteForum.com website also belong to a club & / or registry like the NCRS, NCCC & etc. With this said, we do host a meeting time at the grand stands for the various forum groups to meet up and take a picture together and get to know one another. It's always fun putting a face with a name and this time provides just that. We hope to see you at the event!

Happy holidays,

Lance
Old 12-14-2013, 09:08 PM
08C6
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Going down this year at Corvettes for sure guys...
Old 02-03-2014, 07:34 PM
cmyc2
Instructor

Default How do you get your car in the tent?

I have a 64 coupe that's got 4 picks in a row. How do you get in the tent for the 1964's ? Would be neat to have a car in it, even though mine is not stock.
Old 02-04-2014, 10:11 AM
racelance
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by cmyc2
I have a 64 coupe that's got 4 picks in a row. How do you get in the tent for the 1964's ? Would be neat to have a car in it, even though mine is not stock.
CMYC2-

Please click on the following link to enter your '64 for the '64 Reunion. Joe Clemente will review all entries and make final decisions closer to the event. The vehicle does not have to be stock to be welcome into the tent display. We also have plenty of room surrounding the tent for '64s to park as well. It'll be a great year and we appreciate your interest.

Sincerely,

Lance
Old 02-04-2014, 09:53 PM
cmyc2
Instructor

Default Question about entry form.

On page 2 it doesn't list corvettes at carlisle as an event. How will you know what event I'd like to be considered for? Sorry for all the questions , don't want to mess this up.
Old 02-05-2014, 02:21 PM
racelance
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by cmyc2
On page 2 it doesn't list corvettes at carlisle as an event. How will you know what event I'd like to be considered for? Sorry for all the questions , don't want to mess this up.
The first page captures the event, simply click on this link and fill out the form/upload your images and we'll get it via email.

Thank you!

Lance
Old 02-18-2014, 02:54 PM
Mark H
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 48 Posts

Silly question, but this being my first time going to Carlisle I will ask. Can I get a 1 day pass in advance? All I see on the site are weekend passes. Thanks!!!
Old 02-19-2014, 10:54 PM
racelance
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Mark H
Silly question, but this being my first time going to Carlisle I will ask. Can I get a 1 day pass in advance? All I see on the site are weekend passes. Thanks!!!
Mark, we're glad to have you attend Corvettes at Carlisle for the first time! We'll do our best to make sure you have a great time and have you mark your calendar for future years!

We do not have a one day pass for sale online, if you are coming for the day I'd recommend just purchasing a ticket at the gate upon your arrival - parking is available on-grounds for a small fee (for Corvettes only) and there is plenty of parking all around the facility by neighboring properties.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate asking them here. We look forward to having you!

Sincerely,

Lance

PS Sorry for the slow response, I'm in FL preparing for another event we're hosting this coming weekend.
Old 02-20-2014, 12:14 AM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Mark H
You can get a one day pass at the gate, but not park in the Fun Field. You'll park in the general Corvette parking area up the hill. If it's hot, that's a cool break from the lower showfield area. Bring a folding chair, a hat, sunscreen and lots of $$ for all the goodies you'll want to buy.
Old 02-24-2014, 05:38 PM
Dt86
Safety Car

Received 482 Likes on 342 Posts

Originally Posted by racelance
Mark, we're glad to have you attend Corvettes at Carlisle for the first time! We'll do our best to make sure you have a great time and have you mark your calendar for future years! We do not have a one day pass for sale online, if you are coming for the day I'd recommend just purchasing a ticket at the gate upon your arrival - parking is available on-grounds for a small fee (for Corvettes only) and there is plenty of parking all around the facility by neighboring properties. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate asking them here. We look forward to having you! Sincerely, Lance PS Sorry for the slow response, I'm in FL preparing for another event we're hosting this coming weekend.
Woo hoo! Another first timer here. Really excited and can't wait!

Get notified of new replies

To CORVETTES AT CARLISLE - Official Thread - August 22-24, 2014

Old 02-24-2014, 05:45 PM
USA1 427
Safety Car

The absolute BEST way to experience Corvettes at Carlisle is to get the Fun Field Pass. If for no other reason than it has the best parking in the place! Plus you get a nice goodie bag filled with some good stuff. And on Saturday, there are celebrity judges who go around the grounds and pick their favorite Corvette (don't think yours isn't show quality, it doesn't matter) for a trophy. I've seen everything from unpainted barn finds to super modified, to bone stock be picked.
Plus another advantage to parking in the fun field is that you can bring a couple of those folding chairs in a bag and have a place to sit. You'll need it! Plus you can even bring one of those folding tents for shade. And believe me, there is VERY LITTLE shade there and I've been there some years when it's been over 100*.
To me, it's the only way to attend.
Old 02-24-2014, 05:47 PM
Dt86
Safety Car

Received 482 Likes on 342 Posts

Originally Posted by USA1 427
The absolute BEST way to experience Corvettes at Carlisle is to get the Fun Field Pass. If for no other reason than it has the best parking in the place! Plus you get a nice goodie bag filled with some good stuff. And on Saturday, there are celebrity judges who go around the grounds and pick their favorite Corvette (don't think yours isn't show quality, it doesn't matter) for a trophy. I've seen everything from unpainted barn finds to super modified, to bone stock be picked. Plus another advantage to parking in the fun field is that you can bring a couple of those folding chairs in a bag and have a place to sit. You'll need it! Plus you can even bring one of those folding tents for shade. And believe me, there is VERY LITTLE shade there and I've been there some years when it's been over 100*. To me, it's the only way to attend.
Good to know. Thanks for the great advice!
Old 02-24-2014, 05:49 PM
USA1 427
Safety Car

You're welcome, but get a hotel booked NOW!

Quick Reply: CORVETTES AT CARLISLE - Official Thread - August 22-24, 2014