Illinois Corvette Shows

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 02:37 PM
stymie222
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Illinois Corvette Shows

There are several large Corvette shows that will be in Illinois this summer.
I would like to attend, but the restrictive gun controls of Illinois, prevent me from defending myself, if needed.
I never travel the highways without a firearm. As an owner, and because of my age (70), I am a perfect target for criminals.
I would have to lock my pistol in a "safe box" in the cargo area, with the ammunition locked in another box, while in the entire State.
I am also an NRA member. Our membership avoids Illinois when traveling, like the plague.
I wanted to pass on this information to members who may not realize the serious trouble they could be in, if they travel in Illinois with a firearm.
I would also like to ask other owners to ask those promoters to move to a more friendly state.
Old 07-22-2016, 02:39 PM
LarryMow
Racer

Received 94 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by stymie222
There are several large Corvette shows that will be in Illinois this summer.
I would like to attend, but the restrictive gun controls of Illinois, prevent me from defending myself, if needed.
I never travel the highways without a firearm. As an owner, and because of my age (70), I am a perfect target for criminals.
I would have to lock my pistol in a "safe box" in the cargo area, with the ammunition locked in another box, while in the entire State.
I am also an NRA member. Our membership avoids Illinois when traveling, like the plague.
I wanted to pass on this information to members who may not realize the serious trouble they could be in, if they travel in Illinois with a firearm.
I would also like to ask other owners to ask those promoters to move to a more friendly state.
Provided that you dont mouth off to the law officer (which at 70yrs old I doubt you would) AND if you informed him of a weapon being in the car....I would doubt any officer with any kind of common sense would hassle you about having the gun in the glovebox or in the console. And God forbid, if you did have to pop a cap in someones ***, I would doubt the jury would convict ya if it were to go to trial. I certainly wouldn't.

Last edited by LarryMow; 07-22-2016 at 02:41 PM.
The following users liked this post:
stymie222 (07-22-2016)
Old 07-22-2016, 10:28 PM
stymie222
Advanced

Default Thanks for taking time to replay

I wish it were that simple.
Many others before me have suffered the consequences of the Liberal Justice System in Illinois and in particular, Chicago.
The NRA has said that there are new laws in Illinois because of their efforts to change the state's oppressive gun laws, But they are not clear yet, because those new laws have been continuously challenged.
Because there is no "stand your ground" law in Illinois or their cities, using a gun for self defense can ruin you financially. Even though you are justified, you can be held responsible in Civil Court for damages.
Now you know why people avoid Illinois.

A good read for members- Know the gun laws of every state. The NRA has the best sources, free of charge.
Old 09-08-2016, 03:58 PM
JBRUSS
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

I am heading to Effingham,IL for Corvette Funfest 9/15-9/18. Ironically I am also traveling solo from Houston,TX(trailering the vette). Funny this topic should come up, but thank you for sharing the law in Illinois.
Old 11-11-2016, 10:02 AM
stymie222
Advanced

Default Why I don't go to Illinois

Recent incident near Chicago.
Man had a Trump sticker on his car.
Imagine if he was in a Vette !
We all have the right to protect ourselves.

YouTube

Old 11-11-2016, 11:10 AM
JBRUSS
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

😡what a bunch of hood rat youths, everyone of them needs to be prosicuted and not put in jail, but put under the jail. You pull that SH-- here in Texas that's a good way to get yourself killed. I hope that Obamacare takes care of the dude caught in the door being drug down the street😉

Get notified of new replies

To Illinois Corvette Shows

Quick Reply: Illinois Corvette Shows