Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Bear Mountain Cruise In 7/20/05

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 10:25 PM
RPOZ51
Race Director

Location: For the strength of the pack is the wolf . . . . . . and the strength of the wolf is the pack.
Received 141 Likes on 102 Posts

Default Bear Mountain Cruise In 7/20/05

Just got back from the weekly Bear Mountain Cruise In (sorry, no pics!!)

The place was packed. Lots of Corvettes - a Mag Red C6 with a power top (the owner is really nice - once had a 66). A couple of nice big block 66s. A really nice black C5 Z06. Some C3s, a couple of nice 57s (one black, one Cascade Green).

Lots of great muscle cars. Lots of interesting motorcycles, and plenty of slims, too. Complete sensory overload!!!

Took Seven Lakes Drive through Harriman (Okay - - I was on the Harley), then Perkins Drive to come around the back. A great ride when the road is empty.

This show is definitely worth a trip, even though it's only on Wednesdays. Even for the Schedule Constrained. Stephen T needs to bring his Spy Cam.

Looked for INTRUBL, but did not see him.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:30 PM
Humanoid 2.0
Team Owner

Received 133 Likes on 86 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Originally Posted by RPOZ15

This show is definitely worth a trip, even though it's only on Wednesdays. Even for the Schedule Constrained. Stephen T needs to bring his Spy Cam.

If I know people are going I can work from home and take some time off. Our time off is calculated by the hour.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:48 PM
RPOZ51
Race Director

Location: For the strength of the pack is the wolf . . . . . . and the strength of the wolf is the pack.

Originally Posted by StephenT
If I know people are going I can work from home and take some time off. Our time off is calculated by the hour.
Tonight was totally unplanned. I decided to get on the bike when I got home, and some unseen forces pulled me there.

This is the first time I went up this summer. There have been a lot of Wednesdays when I thought of going, but we either got a tropical storm, or something else happened.

I went almost every week last year.

Last edited by RPOZ15; 07-20-2005 at 10:52 PM.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:54 PM
Humanoid 2.0
Team Owner

Received 133 Likes on 86 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

What are the details, can any Vette get in, any fees?
Old 07-20-2005, 10:59 PM
RPOZ51
Race Director

Originally Posted by StephenT
What are the details, can any Vette get in, any fees?
I don't know for sure, but we can check with INTRUBL.

My understanding is that to park on the show field, you either have to be a member of the sponsoring club, or be older than 1985.

There is spectator parking. I'm not sure if there is a fee. I went In Though the Out Door (to quote Led Zeppelin).
Old 07-21-2005, 08:07 AM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

Received 297 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'08

Intrubl is away on vacation I believe in Cape May without the Vette....

To get your car in the field you would have to join a club and pay their fees. Not a bad deal if you can get there a few times throughout the summer...
Old 07-21-2005, 08:38 AM
RPOZ51
Race Director

Originally Posted by Wicked Weasel
Intrubl is away on vacation I believe in Cape May without the Vette....

To get your car in the field you would have to join a club and pay their fees. Not a bad deal if you can get there a few times throughout the summer...
Thanks, Bob. Away on vacation without the Vette? What kind of vacation is that?

From the Cops and Rodders/Rod Benders Webstite: http://www.copsroddersrodbendersny.homestead.com/

"Due to logistical support and limited space, starting Spring of 2005 only cars 1985 and older will be permitted in the cruise area...

BEAR MOUNTAIN STATE PARK WILL BE CHARGING FOR SPECTATORS PARKING AND CAR CRUISE SHOW CARS THIS YEAR THE PRICE WILL $2.00 PER CAR. THIS IS NOT A CLUB IDEA. WE GET NONE OF THE MONIES COLLECTED FOR THIS."

Bob also let us know that you can enter the show field, if you are a member: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...89&postcount=4
Old 07-21-2005, 08:56 AM
INTRUBL
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RPOZ15
Just got back from the weekly Bear Mountain Cruise In (sorry, no pics!!)

The place was packed. Lots of Corvettes - a Mag Red C6 with a power top (the owner is really nice - once had a 66). A couple of nice big block 66s. A really nice black C5 Z06. Some C3s, a couple of nice 57s (one black, one Cascade Green).

Lots of great muscle cars. Lots of interesting motorcycles, and plenty of slims, too. Complete sensory overload!!!

Took Seven Lakes Drive through Harriman (Okay - - I was on the Harley), then Perkins Drive to come around the back. A great ride when the road is empty.

Up here vetteless on Cape Cod . The weather has been perfect a "10" for the last few days. Got trashed by some pretty big waves at Nauset beach .

If you join their club your car is allowed on to the field no matter what year your car is. The dues are $40 a year, than you don't have to pay the $2 parking fee.

Be back this weekend, anybody want to carve some twisties on Sat. or Sun. afternoon?
Old 07-21-2005, 09:06 AM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

Received 297 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'08

Originally Posted by INTRUBL
Up here vetteless on Cape Cod . The weather has been perfect a "10" for the last few days. Got trashed by some pretty big waves at Nauset beach .

If you join their club your car is allowed on to the field no matter what year your car is. The dues are $40 a year, than you don't have to pay the $2 parking fee.

Be back this weekend, anybody want to carve some twisties on Sat. or Sun. afternoon?

Man I will be heading by there on Saturday morning and Saturday evening, but have the wife in the car and she would not be happy with our driving. you would think since its my Birthday weekend she would too....

Sunday I have a small part in a movie so I will not be hanging with the "lesser" people....

Get notified of new replies

To Bear Mountain Cruise In 7/20/05

Quick Reply: Bear Mountain Cruise In 7/20/05