Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Remember that contractor that screwed me for $6k?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 10:20 AM
tbyrne
Race Director

Location: Westport, MA. www.tbyrnemotorsports.com - 1-877-4-TBYRNE
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Originally Posted by Jay13
Tbyrne - Please PM me with the story on why your OT thread got boneyarded.
It's actually still over there -

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...1589466&page=5
Old 01-05-2007, 01:28 PM
tbyrne
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Thanks for the advice!

I'm actually enjoying this a little. Just scored another e-mail address for him -

jonnie_busy@yahoo.com

I replied to one of the ads that he has posted on Craigslist -

http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-...d710%2d3850%22

Of course, that was done under a different e-mail account. I told him that I had some rooms that needed to be painted and asked if he was interested. He replied yes and asked if I have a contact number. I'm so tempted to reply with something like "Hey, I just found a website that lists your company and says that you screwed the guy".

Anyone else want to e-mail him through Craigslist?
Old 01-05-2007, 01:31 PM
sgreen4067
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Z28TOZO6
son of a bitch I was thinking the same thing!

Try this place Tbyrne
http://www.lawnsite.com/index.php

bullsh*t i'm way better looking. anyone need any tree's...send the cash in the mail and i will be out next week to plant them

its really not funny thou, i feel bad for tbyrne.. thats mess up.. i am a stand up guy and would never water down my booze well maybe when you guys come....

Last edited by sgreen4067; 01-05-2007 at 01:34 PM.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:44 PM
undertaker
Race Director

Location: ECS : WTF did you break now and HTF did you break it this time
Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by sgreen4067
bullsh*t i'm way better looking. anyone need any tree's...send the cash in the mail and i will be out next week to plant them

its really not funny thou, i feel bad for tbyrne.. thats mess up.. i am a stand up guy and would never water down my booze well maybe when you guys come....
thats it, I'm not visiting ever again! you drink waterer ****
Old 01-05-2007, 04:12 PM
Axelrod
Team Owner

Received 73 Likes on 50 Posts

You're wasting your time with collection(s) firms. It's a necessary step, but don't dwell on it. The perpetrator has no self respect and did not respond to your verbal and written requests. So, when the collections people start calling... "click" -- all he does is hang up.

Get it into small claims and move forward ASAP!
Old 01-05-2007, 05:23 PM
tbyrne
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Checked on small claims today. They only goto $1000. Well, the woman said $1000. but the lawyer I talked to said he thinks it's really $2000. Civil count would handle it after that. I might file it there.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:31 PM
GeorgeZNJ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by tbyrne
It's time for him to bend over - http://www.bewarehomeandgarden.com/

I'd appreciate it if you can pass this to other boards that your on. I really want to spread the word here! Alot of the New England sites are going to be getting this info along with some of the local media. It's time for him to pay the piper... one way or another!
Sorry to hear about your "contractor" problems. I'm an electrical contractor, and there are bad apples in every bunch. One thing a homeowner/business owner can do, is not agree to any up front payments. Any and every contractor should have established credit at supplyhouses. If money is needed for a special order/custom item, pay the manufacturer/supplyhouse, ask for the invoice. I've only been beat twice out of money in 17yrs, and have never beaten a customer. I hope you get your money, and I hope he gets whats coming, I hate, and I mean hate when someone practices something without a license, insurance, and all the other stuff I have to pay for in order to be in business. Forget civil court, file a police report, theft of services, is the charge. He'll be issued a summons to appear in court, if he doesn't appear, a bench warrant will be issued, then you go and kick out his taillight, he gets pulled over for a broken taillight, they run his name, he gets popped for failure to appear, and you get your day in court. I did this to a contractor who owned me a final payment, it works.

Last edited by GeorgeZNJ; 01-05-2007 at 11:47 PM.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:52 PM
tbyrne
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '06-'07

I've tried the state police. They told me to contact the local PD. I spoke with an officer there and was told that it's a civil matter for the courts. They could have done something if he took the money and didn't do any work.

I spoke with the collection agency while on my way home today. They said Jon called about 2 weeks ago. He was furious when he read the FINAL NOTICE. I guess he didn't like how it was worded. He called back today and told them that he refuses to settle and won't be paying any money. He also "said" that he filed a police report because of the notice. That's kind of strange! He told them that he just wants this to goto court.

Seems like a good way to brush the collections people off before they start hounding him. The next step will be to file this in court.

I also filed a report at http://www.ripoffreport.com/. Hopefully it gets featured over there.

Keep spreading the word about the site!
Old 01-05-2007, 11:45 PM
GeorgeZNJ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

A detective for the local prosecutors office told me about the theft of services charge, its a criminal charge. It might be different because I was the one who did the work.
Old 01-07-2007, 05:11 PM
mvcrash
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GeorgeZNJ
A detective for the local prosecutors office told me about the theft of services charge, its a criminal charge. It might be different because I was the one who did the work.
That would be if tbyrne had him do the work and did not pay.
Old 01-07-2007, 05:27 PM
tbyrne
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '06-'07

I ran this by two local officers yesterday. They both said that it sucks but it's a civil court matter. Also got to talk to a detective in Jon's town last night. He called after Jon went in to complain about the website (yup, he found it! ). The detective also recommended taking it to court. I posted all of that info the site and added a new one to the list - www.jondrewniak.com.
Old 01-07-2007, 07:47 PM
Chevy Guy
Team Owner

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

This is pretty damn funny! (the site not the rip off part) Good work on the site!!
Old 01-07-2007, 07:48 PM
GeorgeZNJ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by tbyrne
I ran this by two local officers yesterday. They both said that it sucks but it's a civil court matter. Also got to talk to a detective in Jon's town last night. He called after Jon went in to complain about the website (yup, he found it! ). The detective also recommended taking it to court. I posted all of that info the site and added a new one to the list - www.jondrewniak.com.
Old 01-08-2007, 05:42 PM
WickedChic

This story just gets better and better. It's about time one of the bad guys gets caught.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:08 PM
sefa01
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '09-'10

Tom:

You might also want to post on angieslist.com. This site is getting to be pretty well known and rates all sorts of service companies and individuals.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:50 PM
Green69Stingray
Advanced

Working in law enforcement for the past 13 years I've seen this sort of thing numerous times. Every single time it makes me sick to see someone take off with another's hard earned money.

I agree that this is a civil matter. Just be careful not to cross the line so he doesn't counter sue you with a defamation of character claim.

Hope it all works out for you.

-Mike
Old 01-10-2007, 01:36 PM
tbyrne
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Originally Posted by sefa01
Tom:

You might also want to post on angieslist.com. This site is getting to be pretty well known and rates all sorts of service companies and individuals.
I'll pay them a visit. Also just posted it to digg.com -

http://digg.com/offbeat_news/Ripped_..._takes_a_stand

Just click the button under the number on the left

It will be interesting to see what happens when this goes to court.

Get notified of new replies

To Remember that contractor that screwed me for $6k?

Old 01-10-2007, 08:19 PM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

I know some great landscapers that even own their own nursery. Feel free to PM me if anybody need one. Not sure if he would go all the way up to your area but can't hurt asking. Good luck with your suit.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:36 PM
tbyrne
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '06-'07

It's getting good now!

www.digg.com rates this topic as #2 in their Top 10 of all Topics and it should be #1 in the World & Business section soon. I'm totally blown away by this! The bewarehomeandgarden.com site has received over 40,000 hits in less than 24 hours! Very effective so far!
Old 02-01-2007, 11:42 AM
tbyrne
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Quick update. I've been told that two of the three phone numbers listed on the website have been disconnected. Only 1-508-787-8830 is active. That goes to his wife. So.... it looks like all of this has created some issues at Home and Garden!

The Auburn News has picked up on this story. It will be posted in their paper on February 7th so you guys up there will be doing some reading. Their site can be viewed online at . http://www.auburnnews.net . This is the newspaper in Jon's hometown. He didn't have alot to say to the reporter. Wouldn't even verify his name!

www.bewarehomeandgarden.com

Time to post this on another major site...

Quick Reply: Remember that contractor that screwed me for $6k?