Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Watch Out For The Tire Shack!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 02:45 PM
PaulWall
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Watch Out For The Tire Shack!!

I just wanted to give everone from MA a heads up! I brought new tires online and wanted to get them mounted and balanced. I went to Tire Shack on rt 44 in Taunton MA. Horrible is an understatement. NO customer service what so ever! The owner was rude on the phone, charged me an arm and a leg and bitched about how low my car was, long long it took to do it, how much a pita it was to remove the runflats AND THEN come to find out he puts half of wheel weights on the outside of the rim! I called to complain and he had nothing but poor excuses. It was the worst experience Ive ever had!! Im amazed the ******* is in business. I was planning on fighting the bill with my credit card company, but honestly Ive had enough of the guy and just want him to go away!! Its bad enough I drive past the place everyday!

I just want to give everyone a heads up so they dont have to go through the crap I went through.
Old 04-27-2008, 05:52 PM
Ralphyboy
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Just curious about this. Was this a place that was recommended by your online tire supplier? I got tires for my C4 from Tire Rack, and they sent them to one of their installers, and they did a pretty good job for me. If these guys were recommended ,maybe you can get something back from the supplier.

Last edited by Ralphyboy; 04-27-2008 at 06:05 PM.
Old 04-27-2008, 08:25 PM
PaulWall
Instructor

It wasnt reccommended but tire rack, it was reccommended by someone I knew.
Old 04-27-2008, 08:36 PM
screw991le
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Sorry to hear of the headache.

Knock them all you want, Town Fair tire has been nothing but awesome to me. Check them out next time.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:05 PM
dobewillie
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

if he was rude on the phone why didnt you tell him to pound salt?
Old 04-28-2008, 08:49 AM
84number2083
Pro

Sounds like it's the first Corvette...or any nice car with nice rims this place has seen. I made a similar mistake twice....once taking the car to a local muffler shop where the guy checking it ouyt underneath kept exclaiming loudly for all other customers to hear that "I don't treat any car better than another....evey car is the same from underneath" etc etc etc....as if I asked him to use white gloves and give me some special treatment. I wanted to ask him if he'd like some sort of award or ask if it was hard to get ot from under the car while standing ona soapbox, but I just walked away.....and didn't give them my business. The other time was taking my vette to ...oh man.....:o Pep Boys. I quickly found out that they only talked a good game, but had NO clue how to do an alignment on it. After 2 tries and 6 hours of me waiting they just did the best they could....and now I don't even go there for wiper fluid.
Old 04-28-2008, 01:15 PM
screw991le
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Originally Posted by dobewillie
if he was rude on the phone why didnt you tell him to pound sand?
fixed
Old 04-30-2008, 02:41 PM
PaulWall
Instructor

It was when i called to see if the car was done. And I love Twon Faire Tire but their prices on tires are wayyyy to high for the sizes I wanted and they refuse to touch anything that wasnt bought by them.
Old 05-04-2008, 04:56 AM
DSOMDream
Burning Brakes

Received 226 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by PaulWall
It was when i called to see if the car was done. And I love Twon Faire Tire but their prices on tires are wayyyy to high for the sizes I wanted and they refuse to touch anything that wasnt bought by them.
correct. as of 2008 town fair tire won't mount any tires that weren't bought there onto wheels.
Old 05-04-2008, 07:01 AM
Fast98
Safety Car

You should have went to kenwood tire in west bridgewater.
Old 05-04-2008, 10:14 AM
PaulWall
Instructor

Originally Posted by electron03blue
correct. as of 2008 town fair tire won't mount any tires that weren't bought there onto wheels.
They havent done that for years. 4 years ago when I put gsd3 i bought online with 10.5 rims town fair wouldnt even look at them

Regardless its all over and I just wanted to give everyone a heads up.

Old 05-04-2008, 10:36 AM
Red70vette
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know why everyone is surprised at the service they get when they buy tires online and then take them to a tire retailer to have them mounted. The tire retailer makes money to pay the rent, turn on the lights, pay salaries, pay healthcare for his workers, pay social security taxes, real estate taxes, sales taxes, and plenty of other overhead by selling tires. There is little or no money in mounting them with an experienced person. The online tire dealers do not have to pay any of those things so they can sell cheaper than the local stores.

If you want to buy tires online be prepared to have them mounted by the trainee, wait until all the paying customers have been serviced, and not be viewed as a valued customer by the tire shop. If you do not support your local vendors you will soon not be able to find any of them. Buying on line may be cheaper in the short run but we will all pay for it in the long run. It is the same theory that applies to buying imported goods. We save money on the purchase but in the long run this country will be in trouble because it is getting more, and more difficult for people to earn a decent living in this country. Guess what if a lot of people have trouble earning a living try to figure out who will pay for the services that need to be supplied. I feel it is very important for us to support our local infastructure.
Old 05-29-2010, 10:08 PM
Master1742
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by PaulWall
I just wanted to give everone from MA a heads up! I brought new tires online and wanted to get them mounted and balanced. I went to Tire Shack on rt 44 in Taunton MA. Horrible is an understatement. NO customer service what so ever! The owner was rude on the phone, charged me an arm and a leg and bitched about how low my car was, long long it took to do it, how much a pita it was to remove the runflats AND THEN come to find out he puts half of wheel weights on the outside of the rim! I called to complain and he had nothing but poor excuses. It was the worst experience Ive ever had!! Im amazed the ******* is in business. I was planning on fighting the bill with my credit card company, but honestly Ive had enough of the guy and just want him to go away!! Its bad enough I drive past the place everyday!

I just want to give everyone a heads up so they dont have to go through the crap I went through.
<LOL
Ok... So you purchased tires *online*. You probably have 0 patience and from the sound of it. I know for a fact that the customer service at the route 44 tire shack is exceptional and if the workers make a mistake on there part, they will fix it and always "do the right thing". The bussines has been working for probably about thirty-fourty something years so far. You could go to what I like to call the *fast food of car repair* places that charge you more than the regular none brand name companys do for a quick and shotty job. I for a fact know the owners do not make poor excuses . But maybe you need to take a chill pill and being a financial advisor I would expect someone of that position to have a little more maturity. If you had any smarts, you would of said "What is going to be done exactly and could there be any problems, if so what is the solution?" Have fun anyways... I will be cruising past you in my lamborghini countach . Cheers mate,
Old 05-30-2010, 12:21 AM
MrHiPerf
Racer

Hey Paul, you didn't, per chance, happen to threaten to badmouth this retailer on the Corvette Forum, did you? Because it sure seems odd that MASTER1742's first and only post ever was in rebuttal to your claims of bad service! Lamborghini.....who gives a F? Dude, (MASTER1742) your *** hurts! You're busted. Paul, you live and learn. When i have tires mounted I ask how they are going to lift my car, and if they can't do it, I jack the car MYSELF with my floor jack and boards. Trust no one and know everything they are going to do UP FRONT!
Old 05-30-2010, 01:04 AM
Master1742
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by MrHiPerf
Hey Paul, you didn't, per chance, happen to threaten to badmouth this retailer on the Corvette Forum, did you? Because it sure seems odd that MASTER1742's first and only post ever was in rebuttal to your claims of bad service! Lamborghini.....who gives a F? Dude, (MASTER1742) your *** hurts! You're busted. Paul, you live and learn. When i have tires mounted I ask how they are going to lift my car, and if they can't do it, I jack the car MYSELF with my floor jack and boards. Trust no one and know everything they are going to do UP FRONT!
Nah :p Guy who owns tire shack is actualy my Father lol. Who cares you ask? Its a car forum >:O dur! I like any car that looks nice .
Old 05-30-2010, 01:46 AM
Master1742
3rd Gear

Its also as simple as defending family honor and reputation of whats right and wrong.
Old 05-30-2010, 07:46 AM
Crusher
Just an Ole Surfer Boy
Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Ambassador
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'08-'09-'10-'13-'14

Originally Posted by Red70vette
The tire retailer makes money to pay the rent, turn on the lights, pay salaries, pay healthcare for his workers, pay social security taxes, real estate taxes, sales taxes, and plenty of other overhead by selling tires. There is little or no money in mounting them with an experienced person. The online tire dealers do not have to pay any of those things so they can sell cheaper than the local stores.
That's a joke, Right? If not, you need to do more research....

Get notified of new replies

To Watch Out For The Tire Shack!!

Old 05-30-2010, 09:02 AM
0JPM@AutoBuffs
Former Vendor

Location: The AutoBuffs Army is unmatched in the Custom world! www.autobuffs.net
S. Jersey Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10
Cruise-In IX Veteran

Originally Posted by Crusher
That's a joke, Right? If not, you need to do more research....
Old 05-30-2010, 09:55 AM
MrHiPerf
Racer

Originally Posted by Master1742
Nah :p Guy who owns tire shack is actualy my Father lol. Who cares you ask? Its a car forum >:O dur! I like any car that looks nice .
Well, I give you props for admitting who you are and your motivation. There are two sides to every story, and it wouldn't be fair to just let someone blast a business if I owned it with no chance to respond. I think there may have been a little blame to share on both sides. Sometimes people's personalities just don't mesh. Better to flee early if you get a bad feeling!

P.S. This isn't just a "car forum", it's about Corvettes!
Old 05-30-2010, 10:18 AM
96 Vette CE
Banned Loser
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: They say you learn from your mistakes, I must be a genius
Received 249 Likes on 115 Posts
2017 Corvette of the Year
2016 C4 of Year Finalist
Creator of the "Original" whining and crying thread
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by Master1742
<LOL
Ok... So you purchased tires *online*. You probably have 0 patience and from the sound of it. I know for a fact that the customer service at the route 44 tire shack is exceptional and if the workers make a mistake on there part, they will fix it and always "do the right thing". The bussines has been working for probably about thirty-fourty something years so far. You could go to what I like to call the *fast food of car repair* places that charge you more than the regular none brand name companys do for a quick and shotty job. I for a fact know the owners do not make poor excuses . But maybe you need to take a chill pill and being a financial advisor I would expect someone of that position to have a little more maturity. If you had any smarts, you would of said "What is going to be done exactly and could there be any problems, if so what is the solution?" Have fun anyways... I will be cruising past you in my lamborghini countach . Cheers mate,
I bought wheels and tires from here for my 4X4 pickup a while ago and was pleased with the service and product i got, they even mounted one wheel and put it on the truck so i could see what it looked like. Went back a couple of years ago after i purchased a different truck to buy wheels and tires for it and i could not even get anyone to wait on me. Stood by the counter trying to get someone's attention for about 10-15 minutes with workers walking in and out from the garage and never even got asked if i needed help. Needless to say i went somewhere else and purchased my new wheels and tires and am very happy with my new connection. I always like to do buisness with locals, but if Tire Shack doesn't start to put customers first again, they will have none.

Quick Reply: Watch Out For The Tire Shack!!