Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

CFNE Remembers - 9/11/01

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 09:09 PM
RPOZ51
Race Director

Location: For the strength of the pack is the wolf . . . . . . and the strength of the wolf is the pack.
Received 141 Likes on 102 Posts

I just arrived safely at my Lower Bergen County home, and looking out my second floor window, I can see the two beams of light reaching up to the clouds.

I'm mad, sad, and about ten other things all rolled into one right now.

Old 09-11-2008, 09:20 PM
Sparkieeee
Team Owner

Location: Brooklyn, NYC .. If I can make it there, I can make it anywhere, New York, New York - Fred Ebb
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

Old 09-11-2008, 09:21 PM
RPOZ51
Race Director

Location: For the strength of the pack is the wolf . . . . . . and the strength of the wolf is the pack.

Originally Posted by Sparkieeee

Old 09-11-2008, 09:29 PM
Sparkieeee
Team Owner

Location: Brooklyn, NYC .. If I can make it there, I can make it anywhere, New York, New York - Fred Ebb
Cruise-In VIII Veteran

How have we come back from that?? How did we live through it??
Old 09-11-2008, 09:30 PM
RPOZ51
Race Director

I was just thinking about the night of 9/11/01.

I had been at work all day, picking up on whatever news reports came my way.

On the way home, I parked my truck on the side of the hill near my house which has a great view of the city.

I got out, and stood near a telephone pole, looking at the huge plume of smoke that was rising up over what had been those two beautiful buildings.

I just stood there - all alone - mesmerized for quite a while.

After a few minutes, I kind of snapped out of it, and looked around. A pretty good crowd had gathered in this otherwise out of the way place. People were crying, talking, taking pictures, videos.

I don't know . . . I was just thinking about that.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:32 PM
RPOZ51
Race Director

How have we come back from that?? How did we live through it??
'Cause when all is said and done, we have a will to live, and life just has to go on.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:32 PM
77BlueL82
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Unfortunately, this spectatular skyline, will never be the same.

Old 09-11-2008, 09:33 PM
EPMM 03 C5
Race Director

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 77BlueL82
Unfortunately, this spectatular skyline, will never be the same.

Old 09-11-2008, 09:38 PM
Sparkieeee
Team Owner

Cruise-In VIII Veteran

I took this from the Staten Island Ferry in 1994. On the Saturday after 9/11 we drove across the Verrazano Bridge for the first time and I look to my left and saw the hole left in our world.

Did you noticed how dark lower Manhattan was at night with the towers gone??
Old 09-11-2008, 09:38 PM
GeorgeZNJ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

I don't want to take anything away from this thread, it should always evoke raw emotions, so we never forget. But today I was listening to talk radio program, and the topic was, "how to talk to your children about 9-11". They were worried that if portrayed in the wrong way, it might somehow scare the child. They wanted to sugarcoat it. I was screaming at the radio "you ****ing idiots, tell them exactly how it happened. Don't soften it, let kids know what is out there in the world and why it so important to honor your family/country by serving and upholding our way of life. Don't ask kids to try to understand what the terrorists were thinking. They also said that the word terrorist should be replaced with radical muslim, because the word terrorist would scare kids and somehow harm them. ****ing idiots, noting but ****ing idiots
Old 09-11-2008, 09:45 PM
RPOZ51
Race Director

Originally Posted by GeorgeZNJ
I don't want to take anything away from this thread, it should always evoke raw emotions, so we never forget. But today I was listening to talk radio program, and the topic was, "how to talk to your children about 9-11". They were worried that if portrayed in the wrong way, it might somehow scare the child. They wanted to sugarcoat it. I was screaming at the radio "you ****ing idiots, tell them exactly how it happened. Don't soften it, let kids know what is out there in the world and why it so important to honor your family/country by serving and upholding our way of life. Don't ask kids to try to understand what the terrorists were thinking. They also said that the word terrorist should be replaced with radical muslim, because the word terrorist would scare kids and somehow harm them. ****ing idiots, noting but ****ing idiots

As usual George, you hit the proverbial nail right on the effing head.

This is exactly what I was talking about in my first post. The media call it "an event." Eff that!! It was an effing attack!! There is nothing wrong with calling it that.

Other talking heads have said, "Well, we as Americans need to examine what we have done to provoke these acts." Eff that!

Seriously!

The three thousand people who didn't come home that day, and the people who love them, deserve more than that kind of stupid excuse making, blame the victim ess.

Sorry. Now back to our regular programming . . . .
Old 09-11-2008, 09:45 PM
SpeedRacerGirl
Le Mans Master

Location: Hudson Valley Region, NY The "sonoma/napa" of the Northeast~~~~~ Are we there yet?
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by georgeznj
i don't want to take anything away from this thread, it should always evoke raw emotions, so we never forget. But today i was listening to talk radio program, and the topic was, "how to talk to your children about 9-11". They were worried that if portrayed in the wrong way, it might somehow scare the child. They wanted to sugarcoat it. I was screaming at the radio "you ****ing idiots, tell them exactly how it happened. Don't soften it, let kids know what is out there in The world and why it so important to honor your family/country by serving and upholding our way of life. Don't ask kids to try to understand what the terrorists were thinking. They also said that the word terrorist should be replaced with radical muslim, because the word terrorist would scare kids and somehow harm them. ****ing idiots, noting but ****ing idiots

outstanding george... I have chills!!!

On a personal note.. it was on 9/12 that Chris walked into the recruiters office and said "Sign me back up" I cant sit back and watch this a@@holes attack my home and I wont let my child grow up in fear"

Last edited by SpeedRacerGirl; 09-11-2008 at 09:48 PM.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:51 PM
GeorgeZNJ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by RPOZ51
I was just thinking about the night of 9/11/01.

I had been at work all day, picking up on whatever news reports came my way.

On the way home, I parked my truck on the side of the hill near my house which has a great view of the city.

I got out, and stood near a telephone pole, looking at the huge plume of smoke that was rising up over what had been those two beautiful buildings.

I just stood there - all alone - mesmerized for quite a while.

After a few minutes, I kind of snapped out of it, and looked around. A pretty good crowd had gathered in this otherwise out of the way place. People were crying, talking, taking pictures, videos.

I don't know . . . I was just thinking about that.
I stayed up real late that night, watching everthing I could on the tv. The next morning, after calling NYEMS and offering generators, lights, labor and anything else I had, I was driving on the parkway heading north, to see it for myself. As I got closer to the cheesequake rest area, there is a spot where you could see a very minature glimpse of the skyline. All I saw was a cloud of brownish smoke drifting south. I got off of the parkway and instead went to Sandy Hook beach, and just watched the cloud of smoke drift south over the ocean. For what seemed like weeks, you could smell the smell of 9-11 along the jersey shore. I like to think that the cloud somehow was everyones soul on its way to heaven.

Last edited by GeorgeZNJ; 09-11-2008 at 09:55 PM.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:56 PM
Sparkieeee
Team Owner

Cruise-In VIII Veteran

It was mass murder.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:57 PM
RPOZ51
Race Director

I was mass murder.
You wanna fix that??

Old 09-11-2008, 10:01 PM
SpeedRacerGirl
Le Mans Master

Location: Hudson Valley Region, NY The "sonoma/napa" of the Northeast~~~~~ Are we there yet?
St. Jude Donor '08

I dont tell many people this but it feels good to actually let it out a little bit... I worked with a survey crew immediately after surveying the nearby buildings for stability and plumbness. I have several hundred pictures on CD that I cannot even bear to look at. I came home and literally burned my clothes each night. I couldnt bear the thought of what was in the ash that was on them

I think the saddest stories were the receptionist at my job who was on the phone with her father when the second plane hit... and the line went dead. Or my neighbor.. he lived literally next door to me, was from Sri Lanks and didnt really have any friends or family here. Very quiet, kept to himself. It was a few days after when the MTA cops realized that thier was an abandoned car in the train station lot.... which belonged to him. That one really gets me.. he came to work and make a life for his family back home.... and no one missed him for days. Beyond tragic and touching

Last edited by SpeedRacerGirl; 09-11-2008 at 10:04 PM.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:57 AM
pbadad
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default eerie 911 memorial photo taken 9/11/08 at pt. lookout,ny

take a look a the cloud formation above the towers ...jimmy

Get notified of new replies

To CFNE Remembers - 9/11/01

Old 09-11-2015, 09:08 AM
RPOZ51
Race Director

Old 09-11-2015, 12:38 PM
Karvette
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Old 09-11-2015, 08:10 PM
GeorgeZNJ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

TTT

Last edited by GeorgeZNJ; 09-11-2015 at 08:12 PM.

Quick Reply: CFNE Remembers - 9/11/01