Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Basement waterproofing

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 12:53 PM
Ralphyboy
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by MCSSLT1
I'm not sure who can install it for you out your way but the B-Dry system really works great. My grandparents house always used to get water on bad rain storms. Half of the basement was finished so every time they did get water carpets got ruined, etc etc. They installed the B-dry system at least 10 years ago now. It might have even been longer than that now. Either way they have not gotten any water in their basement since.

That is what i heard about them, that the system works. Do you remember exactly how it was done?
Old 03-11-2010, 12:57 PM
SpeedRacerGirl
Le Mans Master

Location: Hudson Valley Region, NY The "sonoma/napa" of the Northeast~~~~~ Are we there yet?
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Ralphyboy
That is what i heard about them, that the system works. Do you remember exactly how it was done?
they should.. should being the optimal word raise the elevation outside the home and check your water proofing/vapor barrier on your exterior walls. Change the pitch and install flashing if need be around your gutters to spout them away from the house etc.. inside they will literally cut a trench around the inside perimeter wall and install as many pumps as they feel are necessary. Might be one in your basement and one in your garage. They will then go back and fill the trechs with weep holes / concrete and leave you an access panel for the pump(s). Works!!!

In the meantime just a suggestion, get a testing company out to run a mold spore test for you, even if there is no visible mold. It shouldnt cost you more then say 100-200 and then at least you know. Because if you leave it, and do nothing.. or even if you fix it.. when you go to sell the house the new owners are going to pick up on that and it could become a deal breaker or problem. If you are able to show that you were on top of the situation and diligent all the way through, and produce a mold test it might help you alot in selling.

Last edited by SpeedRacerGirl; 03-11-2010 at 01:00 PM.
Old 03-14-2010, 05:02 PM
montyred07
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Default basement waterproofing

try value-dry matt and racheal slaniski are the local owners and my rear property neighbors
Old 03-16-2010, 10:22 AM
Ralphyboy
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

I think i finally found the right folks to do the job. B Dry systems in Morristown , NJ. They have a good system of drain pipes ( used to be patented but patent ran out years ago), with some additional materials they use against the exterior walls.Plus, the price they gave was not that much more for coverage on every wall not just a few as others suggested. Finally, they have a transferrable warranty, with a company that has been around for a long time.

Oh well, there go the engine mods I was thinking about this year. Car still runs good though.

Well, It's just money.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:27 AM
MCSSLT1
Burning Brakes

Like we talked about the B Dry system is great. Its funny we just talked about this last weekend because the North Shore in MA got hammered with rain the last few days. ONe of those storms where people that don't normally get water, got water. People have been flooded out and pumping water like crazy. It finally stopped raining today but things still have to be cleaned up.

The house with the B Dry system installed stayed nice and dry as usual. It would have had at least a few inches of water in the downstairs for sure without it

Good luck
Old 12-20-2012, 01:56 AM
nevinlee
3rd Gear

I am not sure how you can install it but i guess B-dry system would really work great for this. I have it at my place and it is working fine for me.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:20 AM
Z16_CE
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have had the B-Dry system in 2 houses. One in NY that was primarily a water table issue.
One thing you have to remember. Once you allow that water easy access inside, it takes power for the pump to get it outside. The power went out for a week after a freak Oct. storm and had over a foot of water in the basement. Otherwise the systems worked great.
Made a huge difference in my mom's house. I coated the walls with Dry Lok, but mostly to brighten up the place. Her old car interior had a musty smell from sitting in the garage. The new car has been in there 2 years and no odors.
Its a bit of a cleanup afterwards as well. All the fine dust from jack hammering gets everywhere.
Good luck!!!
Old 12-20-2012, 01:48 PM
Ol'55
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

Subscribed......... In the 30 years I've lived in this built in '26 cinderblock foundated house We've had water 3 times, all in worst case scenario situations when heavy rains allowed the drainage from the houses on the next street that are well above our grade to flow over frozen snow covered ground. Although the water appears to come up through the floor when this occurred, we could also hear it slowly dripping through the inside of the cinderblock holes. Like I mentioned it only happened 3 times (once bad!) and hasn't happened for about 8 years, but the first time it did I had been here 12 years or so and had the basement carpeted wall to wall with the walls finished ect. Now it's all Dry-Loc and deck enamel thank you very much. We live 1/4 of an inch (exaggeration!) above sea level in a river community with clay not far below the surface, and the water table has always been a problem in most of this area with most houses equipped with sum pumps (which we don't have).

Last edited by Ol'55; 12-20-2012 at 01:51 PM.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:16 PM
Ralphyboy
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

The system that I had installed with a sump pump, and a few cleanouts has functioned perfectly. Heavy rains, light rains, melting snows, and nothing has happened. Not a drop of water in the basement and I've finished and carpeted the area. I ended up having it done in June of 2010 with no problems.

Quick Reply: Basement waterproofing