Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

More Bad News for NJ Motorsports Park

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 02:55 PM
Glennm27
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,409 Likes on 612 Posts
2017 C7 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Contributor

Default More Bad News for NJ Motorsports Park

TRG to Exit from New Jersey Motorsports Park

Petaluma, CA (March 29, 2011)- Following several years of planning both from a developmental and financial means, TRG has decided to postpone its current plans to develop an East Coast hub at the recently built New Jersey Motorsports Park.

With plans including everything from a lavish new country club environment for racers, to personal car condominiums, all the way to a driving school and place to have an exotic, collector, or sportscar maintained, TRG had always had very ambitious plans for the new project. With Millville, New Jersey’s geocentric location to such cities as New York, Philadelphia, Boston and Washington D.C., the compound had always been seen as a perfect locale for the busy East Coast executive to handle his racing fix.

Unfortunately, on-going ownership, management and directional issues of the park and a recent bankruptcy filing of the facility has forced TRG to distance itself from the current racetrack until a clearer direction for the park is seen.

For Team Owner Kevin Buckler, the prospect and opportunity was strong in the beginning but the recent challenges of the facility have made it difficult to continue.

“When TRG first came to New Jersey Motorsports Park we had very high hopes on our future plans together, as did the park and its management,” stated Buckler. “It was a major East Coast expansion for us adding to our current successful operations in Petaluma, California and Mooresville, North Carolina. We loved the local town and its people and their enthusiasm for our involvement in the community. The park has obviously had some challenges and things did not develop as we had hoped for. We no longer support the ownership and management of the facility or it’s vision for the future. Our brand is very strong right now and our NASCAR and Sportscar racing programs are in full swing. It is regrettable, but in the best interest of TRG to distance ourselves from this current situation. Our lease is not up for several months but we are removing all of our equipment, temporary personnel and signs as of today. We wish the park the best of luck in the future and hope we can be back again someday if the conditions are right.”

The New Jersey Motorsports Park was founded in 2007 with the idea of being an East Coast hub for modern road racing. Featuring professional and club events that included participation from AMA Pro Racing, GRAND-AM, and the ARCA Re/Max series, the campus had always featured a fast and diverse calendar of events.

TRG is a full-service motorsports company offering a total driver ladder approach, as well as comprehensive sponsorship opportunities. For drivers, this approach starts with track days, goes to club events, up into street stock series and culminates in the ultimate goal of professional motorsports. For sponsors and business partners, this approach starts with everything from Executive events, to traditional sponsorship models, all the way to business-to-business networking and experiential marketing. With facilities in Petaluma, California and Mooresville, North Carolina the team can offer turn-key marketing programs as well as arrive-and-drive support.

The company’s NASCAR operations are headquartered in Mooresville, North Carolina. The team fields a NASCAR Sprint Cup Series entry and has the capacity to run ARCA, Nationwide and the Camping World Truck Series.

The Racer’s Group was founded in 1993 and has been competing at the top level of motor racing. The team boasts Rolex Series GT championships in 2005 and 2006 and holds the record for the most wins in Grand-Am with 32. The team’s resume is highlighted by five championships, four Rolex 24 Hour at Daytona victories, and a Le Mans 24 Hour win.

The Racer's Group
1995 S. McDowell Blvd.
Petaluma, CA 94954

www.theracersgroup.com
Old 03-29-2011, 03:04 PM
TheKomoman
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
St Jude Donor '13

TRG's definitely not in the same position they were financially a few years ago when those plans were put together. But then again are any of us?

Keeping my fingers crossed that long term things work out.. noticed fingers crossed and not breath held!
Old 03-29-2011, 05:04 PM
Ol'55
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

It makes you stop and think......... what happens to the folks who bought into the Drivers Club Membership? I know one of my own Doctors who bailed last year on his condo purchase. We're in tough times for sure, but I have faith that NJMP will exist in some form or another ( )
Old 03-29-2011, 05:58 PM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by Ol'55
It makes you stop and think......... what happens to the folks who bought into the Drivers Club Membership? I know one of my own Doctors who bailed last year on his condo purchase. We're in tough times for sure, but I have faith that NJMP will exist in some form or another ( )
I am with you Ed, I would hate to see it go away. I have not even had a chance to check it out yet.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:01 PM
Humanoid 2.0
Team Owner

Received 133 Likes on 86 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Sort of like the people who bought CF lifetime memberships before it was sold to IB
Old 03-29-2011, 06:22 PM
GeorgeZNJ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Bummer, TRG already had a pretty nice set-up over there. I really like NJMSP, I think it'll survive. It will not be a grand as a scale as orignally planned, but it'll be here. Its a very fun track, I've been going there since opening weekend and I'll continue to support it.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:14 PM
michaelcerv
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default july event

Originally Posted by GeorgeZNJ
Bummer, TRG already had a pretty nice set-up over there. I really like NJMSP, I think it'll survive. It will not be a grand as a scale as orignally planned, but it'll be here. Its a very fun track, I've been going there since opening weekend and I'll continue to support it.
we signed up for an event in july. does anyone know if it is on schedule?
Old 03-29-2011, 09:23 PM
Marc V.
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by michaelcerv
we signed up for an event in july. does anyone know if it is on schedule?
You should be OK. All events scheduled for this year are still going on.

It sucks that NJMP will not be the grand design they had planned.

But all WE need are the tracks and the F1 karting.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:45 PM
Ol'55
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

Originally Posted by Humanoid 2.0
Sort of like the people who bought CF lifetime memberships before it was sold to IB
Old 03-29-2011, 11:00 PM
Glennm27
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,409 Likes on 612 Posts
2017 C7 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Contributor

I'm with you George. It WILL survive in some shape and form...

I too was there on that first day on Thunderbolt when we all were given t shirts that day, "You never forget your first time" NJMP

See you at the track! I love that place too..
Old 03-30-2011, 08:01 AM
GeorgeZNJ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by Glennm27
I'm with you George. It WILL survive in some shape and form...

I too was there on that first day on Thunderbolt when we all were given t shirts that day, "You never forget your first time" NJMP

See you at the track! I love that place too..
I remember you there, looking forward to seeing you at a track soon. PS, I know that CJLaw will "never forget his frist time".
Old 03-30-2011, 10:29 AM
Humanoid 2.0
Team Owner

Received 133 Likes on 86 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

I remember you there, looking forward to seeing you at a track soon. PS, I know that CJLaw will "never forget his frist time".
Nor will his instructor
Old 03-30-2011, 12:16 PM
TheKomoman
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

St Jude Donor '13

I'm a Drivers Club member and there's been no changes to us. The member days are still scheduled the same. I didn't make it to the first one so I can't comment on if there were any obvious differences in the way it was run. I too think it will continue to exist but their big plans will take far longer to realize, and no doubt some like the TRG will never happen.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:56 PM
gilly6993
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

I wonder how the Monticello Motor Club is doing?
Old 03-30-2011, 07:28 PM
TheKomoman
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

St Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by gilly6993
I wonder how the Monticello Motor Club is doing?
No idea but I know they are MUCH MUCH more expensive than NJMP to join. I kinda remember hearing something like a $50k downstroke.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:39 PM
2 GTOs
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '11-'12

I'm considering joining NJMP now. Hope it lasts.

Get notified of new replies

To More Bad News for NJ Motorsports Park

Quick Reply: More Bad News for NJ Motorsports Park