Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

POCONO RACEWAY driving school next monday

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2002, 10:07 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Re: POCONO RACEWAY driving school next monday (EricVonHa)

I got the GS there and took a short ride on the east course. I never sat in the GS with a helmet until today. I never realized I didn't fit. I drove about 6 laps and pulled out. I through in some Raybestos pads and couldn't stop worth a dam. I figured before I get in trouble to park it. The fastest lap on the long course was the Fancy Porsche 962 which did a 1:37 the other GTS 40 ( I don't think was real did a 1:40. They were the fastest among all the big dollar cars there. Sad part is when I ran with the Viper Club I did a bunch of 1:37-1:40 laps it a 99 Chevy with H/C, suspension & mild brake work. I wish I had it today. The end of the two straights coming to tunnel turn 1 I was hitting 162 with my girlfriend in the car on April 8th. I would have loved to show the so called exotic's the way around the course. It is a good event and is going to be two days nexted year. We paid 85 bucks I know the Ferrari guys must have payed a bunch more. Check out the event next year or any track event in your area you'll enjoy it. The mix of cars makes it interesting to say the least. Eric I missed you again but met Rich S and his GS which was easy to find. :seeya :chevy :chevy :chevy :chevy :chevy :chevy :chevy :chevy
Old 05-27-2002, 10:57 PM
racingfast
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: POCONO RACEWAY driving school next monday (RichS)

RICH nice to meet you today... wish we couldve all had some time to talk but it was hectic at best. I had a great time for sure.... 74 VETTE: never bumped into you, my passenger seat was available...:( sorry bro!!!! next time! IF I can get my video downloaded I will post some clips... got 152mph on film--- :yesnod: YEEE HAAAAAAAAA! BRIAN
Old 05-28-2002, 08:46 AM
X-OTIC
Instructor

Default Re: POCONO RACEWAY driving school next monday (mackeyred96)

:yesnod: :cheers: :) Happy to see you all had a good tme! If you have any thoughts or something you would like to see for next year let me know (IM me if you like). I will get it to the meeting for you! Very glad you all had fun!
Old 05-28-2002, 09:17 AM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Re: POCONO RACEWAY driving school next monday (X-OTIC)

Great event next year two days! Long course all day please. Lots of interesting cars. Thanks!
Old 05-28-2002, 10:25 AM
mackeyred96
Team Owner

Location: Former NCM Drag Racing coordinator, National director Corvette Challenge Spring Hill, Tennessee: Whiting, New Jersey
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Default Re: POCONO RACEWAY driving school next monday (racingfast)

Sound like everyone had a great time. :cheers:
Old 05-28-2002, 10:43 AM
ZR_TO_ENA
Racer

Default Re: POCONO RACEWAY driving school next monday (racingfast)

It was a great event. I had a blast :cheers:

--John
Old 05-28-2002, 09:07 PM
X-OTIC
Instructor

Default Re: POCONO RACEWAY driving school next monday (John Shiels)

Great event next year two days! Long course all day please. Lots of interesting cars. Thanks!
Would you be will to pay more for the track event? What about displaying your cars the day before? And going to the BBQ that night? It would be a 3 day event. What do you think?
Old 05-28-2002, 11:05 PM
GotRice
Intermediate

Hey guys i saw all of you there, I saw Rich S smokin those Ferraris. I was just there to watch I have no track experience so i didnt want to risk hurtn myself or anybody else.Maybe next year after i take a few lessons. I am posting an event in this forum for this weekend maybe ill see some of you guys there. :cheers:
Old 05-28-2002, 11:38 PM
EricVonHa
Melting Slicks

Would you be will to pay more for the track event? What about displaying your cars the day before? And going to the BBQ that night? It would be a 3 day event. What do you think?
No, no pay more! :nono:

But, if it were booked for 2 days, then, of course, raise the price times two! :yesnod: That's still an awesome price for an event like that!

If the BBQ is the night before the 1st day of racing then that's cool. My preference really isn't to spend 3 days straight up there.. maybe 2.5. Roll in later afternoon on Friday and have a bench racing bbq that night.

Car show? That was at the track on Sunday, no?? Never saw so much hot machinery in one place before.. well, er, besides Miami Vice or Magnum P.I. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 05-28-2002, 11:58 PM
CDaniel525
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

RichS, saw you car there...man that bad boy is loud going down the track!! Sounds sweet!

racingfast...when i got there i totally forgot what year vette you had or how to find ya...LoL Wish I had tho cause it looked like sooo much fun out there! :cool:

im cropping all of my pictures and gonna upload and post them in a little bit
Old 05-29-2002, 12:35 AM
lioninavette
Burning Brakes

Location: Ponderables, yes. My opinion, not totally. Preaching...I don't have a pulpit. Fact and generalizations about what I am reading on behalf of what you tell me...absolutely.
Default Re: POCONO RACEWAY driving school next monday (GotRice)

Me too! Was there to watch as it was mine and wife's first time at a race like that. Needed to take as much in before attempting to run. Next year I will be on the track, I promise. I got a problem though...I knew many of you were/are from the forum, but didn't know who you guys were. Met a nice guy PABarney from the C3 section...was nice enough to offer me a ride around the track but I don't have a suit.

2-3 day event - you betcha! I'll be there and ready to roll! Novice - I gotta start somewhere. It was great seeing the Vettes performing so well. Exotic Muscle - that term needs to be redefined. Good ol' American Muscle did more than prove its point.

Nice driving guys. We had a blast!! :D :) :flag
Old 05-29-2002, 07:54 AM
PatsLs1vette
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: POCONO RACEWAY driving school next monday (lioninavette)

Hey eric mark(x-otic )is a very good friend of the guy who put the show on and they are talking about making it longer so if interested put some feedback in,,mark goes up friday sat sund. and monday.Hopefully next year ill have the vette ready to do some autocrossing and go up for the weekend with him.
Old 05-29-2002, 09:12 PM
X-OTIC
Instructor

No, no pay more! :nono:

But, if it were booked for 2 days, then, of course, raise the price times two! :yesnod: That's still an awesome price for an event like that!

If the BBQ is the night before the 1st day of racing then that's cool. My preference really isn't to spend 3 days straight up there.. maybe 2.5. Roll in later afternoon on Friday and have a bench racing bbq that night.

Car show? That was at the track on Sunday, no?? Never saw so much hot machinery in one place before.. well, er, besides Miami Vice or Magnum P.I. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I don't think it will be 2X the price. 2 days will be more like 300+/- for both days but don't hold me to that at this time. What do u think?
Old 05-29-2002, 10:26 PM
racingfast
Pro

Default NOT AS EXCITING BUT.....

GUYS please note our autocross this sunday.. I put a separate thread in for it.. http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=310278

This will be a first gear course, timed, and still a great chance to see if you are getting any better as the day goes on. And a better opportunity to burn some rubber!

See ya there!!!!!!!!! :smash:
Old 05-30-2002, 01:18 AM
CDaniel525
Melting Slicks

Default Re: POCONO RACEWAY driving school next monday (pats406nitrovette)

.Hopefully next year ill have the vette ready to do some autocrossing and go up for the weekend with him.
youll back out again punk :troll
Old 05-30-2002, 07:59 AM
PatsLs1vette
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: POCONO RACEWAY driving school next monday (74VETTE)

i said i was sorry :( :sad: :sad: im a busy guy what can i say.
Old 05-30-2002, 08:10 PM
CDaniel525
Melting Slicks

Default Re: POCONO RACEWAY driving school next monday (pats406nitrovette)

i said i was sorry :( :sad: :sad: im a busy guy what can i say.
haha....just kidding.... just :smash: your *****

Quick Reply: POCONO RACEWAY driving school next monday