Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Corvettes @ Carlisle - Who's going?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 12:27 PM
hdkeno
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Eleventh
I'm thinking about attending Corvettes @ Carlisle for the first time.

But I don't have a Corvette (yet).

Based on my read, I've got to park offsite. Any recommendations for offsite parking? I'll take any recommendations, but if anyone has a lead on covered offsite parking, that's even better. I've seen the map that the Fairgrounds provides, but it is short on detail and ideally I'd like to reserve a spot.
Right outside Gate 3 (main entrance/exit) gate there is a nice older couple who has a large property adjacent to the fairgrounds and gets $5 to park. usually always room. If you come to the fairgrounds from Rt 11 (Carlisle Pike) go just past Gate 3 and the next driveway on your right will be the entrance to the parking area. (usually sign there as well). If you come the back way (Rt 34) Their place is on the left just past the overpass, just before Gate 3. Best non-faiground parking at the event....
Old 07-23-2013, 03:19 PM
ladder13
Melting Slicks

Received 798 Likes on 386 Posts

Based on my read, I've got to park offsite. Any recommendations for offsite parking? I'll take any recommendations, but if anyone has a lead on covered offsite parking, that's even better. I've seen the map that the Fairgrounds provides, but it is short on detail and ideally I'd like to reserve a spot.
Many times I've parked right on the street, 2 or 3 blocks away from the fairgrounds....for FREE. Never had any issue finding street parking at Carlisle.
Old 07-23-2013, 04:17 PM
rasacrystal08
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

CTYANK2, we stayed there last year when it was a Holiday Inn. When i made my hotel reservations a few months back they must have been in transition because i couldn't find this hotel. So i made reservations at the Best Western but today changed them to the Clarion. It's a few $ cheaper plus there's a bar in the hotel and you can walk across the street to a real good diner. I think it's called John's. Hotel also has real good parking.

They still had rooms available today so if anyone is still looking.....
Old 07-23-2013, 07:42 PM
CTYANK2
Cruising is the passion!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 305 Likes on 214 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

You won't have any trouble parking around the Fairgrounds however I don't recall seeing covered parking anywhere. Welcome to the Corvette Forum. Your profile indicates you have a 2014 Corvette on order and I see you went for the lifetime gold membership here right away - great way to start the Corvette adventure!
Old 07-23-2013, 10:15 PM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Received 731 Likes on 464 Posts

Can't help with the parking, but did want to say that there is NO shade aside from the bleachers. BUT almost everyone on the fun field has a pop up canopy and chairs, and if you get too hot or just need to sit on the grass in the shade, just go over and introduce yourself and ask if they'd mind if you borrow some shade for a while. I've never met anyone who ever said no......including myself. I've met some of the nicest guys and gals this way.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:47 AM
PHILLIE PHANATIC
Racer

Received 99 Likes on 50 Posts

I just found out yesterday that I'm going. This will be my second year, went last year, I had a ball. I've got a friend of mine going, his first year. DO NOT MISS THE PARADE !
Old 07-25-2013, 04:16 PM
Corvette03051
Melting Slicks

Received 466 Likes on 254 Posts

Default Carlisle

Originally Posted by PHILLIE PHANATIC
I just found out yesterday that I'm going. This will be my second year, went last year, I had a ball. I've got a friend of mine going, his first year. DO NOT MISS THE PARADE !
Four of us from your home area are leaving on Monday Aug 19 for our turn at the Dragon area roads. Afterwards we are heading to Carlisle. Look us up in this section. You'd be welcome!
Old 07-26-2013, 11:17 PM
Eleventh
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 54 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by CTYANK2
You won't have any trouble parking around the Fairgrounds however I don't recall seeing covered parking anywhere. Welcome to the Corvette Forum. Your profile indicates you have a 2014 Corvette on order and I see you went for the lifetime gold membership here right away - great way to start the Corvette adventure!
Thank you. I've been promising myself a vette for over 10 years and now is finally the time to make it happen. I went to the birthday bash at the NCM, saw the 2014s there, and that sealed the deal, ordered one as soon as I got home.
Old 07-26-2013, 11:21 PM
Eleventh
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by ladder13
Many times I've parked right on the street, 2 or 3 blocks away from the fairgrounds....for FREE. Never had any issue finding street parking at Carlisle.
Ha! I'm a big city driver, the thought of parking my current sports car on a street makes me shudder. I'm sure Carlisle is friendly than Philly.
Old 07-26-2013, 11:23 PM
Eleventh
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by hdkeno
Right outside Gate 3 (main entrance/exit) gate there is a nice older couple who has a large property adjacent to the fairgrounds and gets $5 to park. usually always room. If you come to the fairgrounds from Rt 11 (Carlisle Pike) go just past Gate 3 and the next driveway on your right will be the entrance to the parking area. (usually sign there as well). If you come the back way (Rt 34) Their place is on the left just past the overpass, just before Gate 3. Best non-faiground parking at the event....
Awesome. Thank you, sounds like a solid plan for me.
Old 07-27-2013, 02:14 PM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Received 731 Likes on 464 Posts

Ha! I'm a big city driver, the thought of parking my current sports car on a street makes me shudder. I'm sure Carlisle is friendly than Philly.
Just buck up and do the Fun Field. It's the BEST way to experience Carlisle!
Old 07-27-2013, 04:20 PM
Eleventh
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by USA1 427
Just buck up and do the Fun Field. It's the BEST way to experience Carlisle!
Oh, if I had a Vette I'd be there. Next year for sure!

[The original context was that I don't yet have a Corvette and was thinking about offsite parking. My car has even less tolerance for ramps/bumps than the vettes I've rented and is a garage baby.]
Old 07-27-2013, 10:32 PM
ladder13
Melting Slicks

Received 798 Likes on 386 Posts

Main thing is, be there. No show like it.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:55 PM
moserbe
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Only 25 days to go.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:32 PM
FRED HAMBLE
Melting Slicks

Received 172 Likes on 81 Posts

WOW 25 days to GO DAY!! Fantastic. Anyone going from Long Island??
Leaving Friday Morning.
Old 07-30-2013, 03:28 AM
striper
Le Mans Master

Received 247 Likes on 216 Posts

I'll be there, every year since '98. Funfield is the best way to go, just drive in and park. Goody bag, free t-shirt and admission more than covers street parking and walk-in admission.
Old 07-30-2013, 01:05 PM
SteveDoten@ARH
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

8th year for ARH.

6th year for myself, see you on "Install Alley", we will have a double tent again this year with 2 lifts.

You'll see the American Flags proudly displayed around our tent.

Please stop by and say hello.

Get notified of new replies

To Corvettes @ Carlisle - Who's going?

Old 08-02-2013, 08:06 AM
AverageVetteNut
Le Mans Master

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Cruise-In 9-10 Veteran
CI-X Auto-X Champ (race tires)
St. Jude Donor '07-'09

Kim and I will be there Friday and Saturday. Staying in Harrisburg Friday night and Gettysburg Saturday. My club will have a big tent setup over in the fun field so we'll be staying cool there from time to time.
It's been since 2011 since we've been there, so we're looking forward to going back.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:59 AM
tomringo
Burning Brakes

Received 85 Likes on 46 Posts

I'm in
Old 08-05-2013, 10:24 PM
moserbe
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by SteveDoten@ARH
8th year for ARH.

6th year for myself, see you on "Install Alley", we will have a double tent again this year with 2 lifts.

You'll see the American Flags proudly displayed around our tent.

Please stop by and say hello.

See you there.

Quick Reply: Corvettes @ Carlisle - Who's going?