Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Been Real

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 08:19 PM
RareSS9596
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Been Real

Well the time has come. Sold the Vette. Really haven't been using it and enjoying it as much the last couple of years. Lifes little perks and priorities have taken center stage. I spend alot of my free time with my grandson and on top of that I have another on the way. The garage now belongs to my son who parks his 2013 Grand Sport in there. Any time I feel the urge I can always borrow it (in exchange for the garage rental,lol). I will be still head down to "the beach" now and then. I have recommended to the new owner that he takes the car to The Vette Doctors for service and/ or repairs. Always had great dealings with them and they always did the right thing for my son and I. They helped us out when my son blew the motor on his TBSS. Carmen was able to get the motor warrantied and they built a little crazy new one! I will see you guys around!
Old 03-21-2014, 08:25 PM
PARANORMAL
SUPPORT AUTISM
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10, '14

Enjoy Life.
Old 03-22-2014, 01:37 AM
Shortimer
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

All the best to you.
Old 03-22-2014, 01:48 PM
Ikester
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
CI 6-7-8-9 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09
NCM Sinkhole Donor

In other words, the wifey said it had to go huh?
Old 03-22-2014, 08:21 PM
GeorgeZNJ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

priorites change and adjustments must be made, good luck
Old 03-23-2014, 01:26 PM
RareSS9596
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ikester
In other words, the wifey said it had to go huh?
Nah, not at all. She was surprised I actually sold it. There were a few other reasons like seeing it sit in the garage while Juniors 2013 GS sat outside. Between enjoying the grandson on Sundays, and spending time down in Fl. it just didn't make sense to let it sit. I get to use Juniors Vette whenever the urge comes. We are also talking about buying a C7 together once they've been around a year and get th ebugs out of them. In the mean time I am just cruising around in my '85 Monte Carlo SS I jbought a few weeks ago. It's in immaculate condition and I get as many thumbs up with it that I did with the Vette. Another reason I got rid of it was that I was getting dumb ideas about pulling the motor out of it and swapping it into the Monte and then building a forged motor for the Vette. Then I came to my senses, lol. I'll definitely buy another one when I retire.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:30 AM
vetdude
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Good luck to'ya!

PS: I'm in the opposite situation: I've owned (20) Corvettes during my driving life and when I retire the end of this year, I plan on selling my beloved Z06 to address other priorities.

Get notified of new replies

To Been Real

Quick Reply: Been Real