Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Does Anyone Know This Car?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2015, 09:21 AM
Pappa Prich
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Does Anyone Know This Car?

Hi Guys,

I'm looking to buy my first z06 and came across this :

http://www.carmax.com/enus/view-car/...ults page#tab3

Does anyone know this car? I'm trying to get more info on it's history other than it's a 2 owner car ... Any help would be greatly appreciated if you've seen it in person or know the previous owner(s). I'm having it transferred to my local CarMax to review it in person.

Thanks!!!

Last edited by Pappa Prich; 11-02-2015 at 10:32 AM.
Old 10-30-2015, 09:33 AM
HC-C7
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Nice car i would buy it for that price in that condition with that amount of miles. The carbon fiber looks a little odd to me . But not many people would put fake CF or would the ZO6 come with fake carbon fiber if that came factory. I dont know what to tell you other then what i just said . But it looks like a good deal and very clean title .
Old 10-30-2015, 09:52 AM
Pappa Prich
Racer

Originally Posted by HC-C7
Nice car i would buy it for that price in that condition with that amount of miles. The carbon fiber looks a little odd to me . But not many people would put fake CF or would the ZO6 come with fake carbon fiber if that came factory. I dont know what to tell you other then what i just said . But it looks like a good deal and very clean title .
Thanks - I don't like that it's a two owner car, but if it's a real z07 (I realize now there's no way it's a carbon) it seems to be the best deal I can find on one.

I'm hoping by chance one of the two owners is on here or someone local to the car knows something about it ...
Old 10-30-2015, 12:01 PM
KevinD92
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It's most likely a regular Z06 with aftermarket carbon fiber front splitter and side skirts.

Last edited by KevinD92; 10-31-2015 at 01:00 AM.
Old 10-30-2015, 03:23 PM
Ol'55
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

The CarMax link tells of the car being removed from view for whatever the reason. I would think a VIN research would be in order?
Old 10-30-2015, 03:43 PM
Pappa Prich
Racer

^^^ well **** ... lol ... either someone scooped the car or they are moving it for me to the Frederick location like I asked ... I guess we'll see!
Old 10-31-2015, 02:01 PM
Ol'55
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by KevinD92
It's most likely a regular Z06 with aftermarket carbon fiber front splitter and side skirts.
I'd check to see if it has the carbon metallic ZR1 brakes on it as I wouldn't think someone would go that di$tance in cloning a regular Z car. If it doesn't that would in itself deem this car as a Zo6 rather than a CarbonZ.
Old 11-02-2015, 08:48 AM
Pappa Prich
Racer

Got it figured out, according to the build label it's a z07 and CFZ packaged car.

Does anyone from VA recognize or know the car though?

(PS may show as removed from website bc they're moving it to my local Frederick location.)
Old 11-04-2015, 01:22 AM
Ol'55
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Pappa Prich
Got it figured out, according to the build label it's a z07 and CFZ packaged car.

Does anyone from VA recognize or know the car though?

(PS may show as removed from website bc they're moving it to my local Frederick location.)
Keep us up on your progress (I love the carbonZs, an LS7 ZR car!)
Old 11-04-2015, 10:16 PM
Pappa Prich
Racer

^^^ Going to see it tomorrow. It's been transferred to my local dealership, inspected, etc ... we'll see how it goes. For this much money this thing needs to be perfect with two owners and 25,000 miles. I've currently found another couple options that I'm looking at as well.

Regardless, I hope to have one of them in my garage before December. If you guys know anyone that is selling a z07 package car please let me know.

Thanks!

Get notified of new replies

To Does Anyone Know This Car?

Quick Reply: Does Anyone Know This Car?