Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Red Z06 on a lift with back bumper and wheels off- Paramus Chevy

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2017, 04:44 PM
Z06NJ
Drifting

Received 234 Likes on 205 Posts
Default Red Z06 on a lift with back bumper and wheels off- Paramus Chevy

Just went in for my oil change today (not the Z) and noticed a C7Z high up on the 2nd lift. I know what's going on with it but don't want to share online. Just wondered if it was anyone's here?
Old 01-08-2018, 04:38 PM
Dan SS2471
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Way back when, I bought my '99 Camaro SS from them new. The Service Dept was HORRIBLE. Hopefully there's a new regime these days.

One example...Had my car in for an alignment and they wanted to charge me for a 4-wheel job. I said no because it's a solid rear axle. The manager scoffs at me and tells me to take it to Sears if I don't like it. That was my last time there. Jackass. Haha.
Old 01-08-2018, 09:51 PM
Z06NJ
Drifting

Received 234 Likes on 205 Posts

​​​​​​​
Old 01-16-2018, 08:14 AM
Larry M
Drifting

Received 255 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan SS2471
Way back when, I bought my '99 Camaro SS from them new. The Service Dept was HORRIBLE. Hopefully there's a new regime these days.

One example...Had my car in for an alignment and they wanted to charge me for a 4-wheel job. I said no because it's a solid rear axle. The manager scoffs at me and tells me to take it to Sears if I don't like it. That was my last time there. Jackass. Haha.
They still suck. They gouged the inner barrel of my wheel. I complained and they "refinished" it. Didn't bother to fill in the gouge, just painted over.
Old 01-16-2018, 08:09 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Received 3,203 Likes on 2,145 Posts

That's weird.

Everyone gave their praise about paramus chevy back when i was asking about where to go for my 500 mile break in oil change.

I did end up going to paramus. Everything went smooth except for the dude at the service door (kinda like a valet guy) that moves the cars incoming and brings them to the proper bay for service.

I got out, and waited right by the door where you enter for the waiting room. All i heard was revs out the wazoo as if he was trying to see how high he can blip the throttle just to move the car 20 feet or so to the oil change bay. You could probably have heard the revs from across the street on route 17 south that's how hard he was blipping the throttle. No need for that.

After i got the car back, all looked fine upon quick visual inspection. I left the lot and pulled over in the very next lot (i think it was a planet fitness?) and parked the car to give it a thorough inspection.

I checked the oil and it was good. Except they spilled some oil around the oil fill cap. Not a big deal but i don't expect a professional job. Because all i saw were kids working. And they did do the oil change for free under the free 2 year oil change deal.

Dealerships are the worst.
Old 01-17-2018, 10:41 AM
Larry M
Drifting

Received 255 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by RobGZ06
That's weird.

Everyone gave their praise about paramus chevy back when i was asking about where to go for my 500 mile break in oil change.

I did end up going to paramus. Everything went smooth except for the dude at the service door (kinda like a valet guy) that moves the cars incoming and brings them to the proper bay for service.

I got out, and waited right by the door where you enter for the waiting room. All i heard was revs out the wazoo as if he was trying to see how high he can blip the throttle just to move the car 20 feet or so to the oil change bay. You could probably have heard the revs from across the street on route 17 south that's how hard he was blipping the throttle. No need for that.

After i got the car back, all looked fine upon quick visual inspection. I left the lot and pulled over in the very next lot (i think it was a planet fitness?) and parked the car to give it a thorough inspection.

I checked the oil and it was good. Except they spilled some oil around the oil fill cap. Not a big deal but i don't expect a professional job. Because all i saw were kids working. And they did do the oil change for free under the free 2 year oil change deal.

Dealerships are the worst.
I guess I am just unhappy with how my wheel turned out. The girl there is super nice (red hair?) the guys working there are very nice.
Old 01-27-2018, 09:58 AM
Thunder22
Team Owner

Received 2,312 Likes on 1,457 Posts

Paramus has gone down hill. They used to be the best in the NY/NJ area when Jim was the Vette tech but he left a few years ago, and recently they fired the service manager (and rightly so). I've been taking my vettes there since 2004 for service, but come spring I'll be going someplace else. Btw- for those that don't know, Paramus and Hawthorne are owned by the same company.

Last edited by Thunder22; 01-27-2018 at 09:58 AM.
Old 01-27-2018, 10:00 AM
Thunder22
Team Owner

Received 2,312 Likes on 1,457 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry M
I guess I am just unhappy with how my wheel turned out. The girl there is super nice (red hair?) the guys working there are very nice.
I will only deal with Kat (service rep) at Paramus. Whether she knows everything about vettes or not doesn't matter, what does matter is that she cares. Unfortunately, I won't be seeing her again unless she gets a job at whatever new service department I take the car to.

Get notified of new replies

To Red Z06 on a lift with back bumper and wheels off- Paramus Chevy

Quick Reply: Red Z06 on a lift with back bumper and wheels off- Paramus Chevy