Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

C7 Alignment with rear caster

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2018, 09:51 AM
Larry M
Drifting

Received 255 Likes on 198 Posts

Default C7 Alignment with rear caster

Anyone know of a dealer or private shop that does wheel alignments including the rear caster for a C7 Z06 in Northern NJ?

If you happen to know the cost, that would be helpful as well.
Old 04-07-2018, 08:29 PM
Bmwmike
Pro

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry M
Anyone know of a dealer or private shop that does wheel alignments including the rear caster for a C7 Z06 in Northern NJ?

If you happen to know the cost, that would be helpful as well.
http://fastautoracing.com/ should be able to do the job.
Old 05-06-2018, 06:17 PM
rico750sxi
Drifting

Received 181 Likes on 137 Posts

I’m also looking, I need the Albany area for alignment with rear caster for my C7.
Old 03-28-2019, 06:50 AM
NiceGuySanti
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

A couple of days ago I went to Ivan's Alignments in Cliffside Park NJ to get an alignment on my C7. Prior to me visiting I called him and discussed that I wanted to set the alignment numbers including caster to the DSC specs which I had given him, he was not aware that you could change caster in the rear of our cars and asked me to send him a link to the forum pages showing the procedure. I was happy to hear his willingness to learn about the platform, prior to this. calls to other alignment shops in the area were met with the usual - "no caster adjustment on rear wheels is possible" I had heard this multiple times before but Ivan started a dialogue with me which made me feel very comfortable in his knowledge of car setups. He is a 1/4 mile racer himself and has a huge following from that crowd. He has a really clean shop that he rents out behind a tire distributor in Cliffside Park and was very busy the Saturday that I dropped by for my appointment considering that he only does alignments. He told me that he does over 2,000 a year and by the line of cars outside waiting for alignments I believe it, the guy knows his stuff! I am happy to say that the car came out with the numbers I wanted. I just sourced an OEM caster tool for him so he will have that in his shop ready to go if anyone is looking to do a proper caster alignment in the NJ/NY area. He is easy to find - Just do a search on Ivan's Alignments in Cliffside Park, NJ.

Last edited by NiceGuySanti; 03-28-2019 at 06:53 AM.
Old 03-28-2019, 08:30 AM
Larry M
Drifting

Originally Posted by NiceGuySanti
A couple of days ago I went to Ivan's Alignments in Cliffside Park NJ to get an alignment on my C7. Prior to me visiting I called him and discussed that I wanted to set the alignment numbers including caster to the DSC specs which I had given him, he was not aware that you could change caster in the rear of our cars and asked me to send him a link to the forum pages showing the procedure. I was happy to hear his willingness to learn about the platform, prior to this. calls to other alignment shops in the area were met with the usual - "no caster adjustment on rear wheels is possible" I had heard this multiple times before but Ivan started a dialogue with me which made me feel very comfortable in his knowledge of car setups. He is a 1/4 mile racer himself and has a huge following from that crowd. He has a really clean shop that he rents out behind a tire distributor in Cliffside Park and was very busy the Saturday that I dropped by for my appointment considering that he only does alignments. He told me that he does over 2,000 a year and by the line of cars outside waiting for alignments I believe it, the guy knows his stuff! I am happy to say that the car came out with the numbers I wanted. I just sourced an OEM caster tool for him so he will have that in his shop ready to go if anyone is looking to do a proper caster alignment in the NJ/NY area. He is easy to find - Just do a search on Ivan's Alignments in Cliffside Park, NJ.
I grew up in CP, I’m taking my car for an alignment this spring but I’ve been talking to someone a bit more west. What does Ivan charge?
Old 03-28-2019, 10:47 AM
NiceGuySanti
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

$150
Old 03-28-2019, 12:15 PM
Larry M
Drifting

Originally Posted by NiceGuySanti
$150
very good price, I still go to CP pretty frequently. I think the location you’re describing is right by the high school.

Memories...wonder if I went to school with him depending on his age
Old 03-28-2019, 12:30 PM
NiceGuySanti
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Larry M
very good price, I still go to CP pretty frequently. I think the location you’re describing is right by the high school.

Memories...wonder if I went to school with him depending on his age
Yep, the shop is a couple of blocks from the HS - 611 Palisade Ave is the address, his private bay is in the back of the building on Delia Lane. I was really happy with his pricing and his service. You can see pictures of his shop and customer cars on Instagram @Ivans_alignments

Last edited by NiceGuySanti; 03-28-2019 at 12:37 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To C7 Alignment with rear caster

Quick Reply: C7 Alignment with rear caster