Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Looking for Chevy dealer in CT for 1st oil change

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2018, 06:51 PM
Dabbgrandsport
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Looking for Chevy dealer in CT for 1st oil change

Hello
I bought my 2017 grandsport from MCMulikin. Great experience. I am about to hit 500 Miles and will need mandatory oil change. I have two dealers near me

ingersoll chevy in Danbury, CT
Maritime chevy in Fairfield CT

does anyone have experience with either of them or can some recommend a dealer with confidence to work on corvettes in CT. Asking as I have read about a few issues with dealers not having proper service techs work on there cars.

Thank you
Old 09-30-2018, 08:33 PM
witness140
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

One of the local detail shops recommended 'Frank' at Maritime as a knowledgeable Corvette tech. I don't have his last name - I just made a note of him because we were talking about local 'talent' to trust in touching our cars. I hadn't considered Maritime. I'm making my list after just getting my 2016 - and once I know the car really well and what she needs - I'm going to make what is hopefully her only warranty visit to a dealer. I've also heard that Paul Koerner up at Jackson Chevrolet in Middletown is a known and trusted Corvette tech. I see he runs local seminars for the corvette clubs - one is coming up in October as I recall. I found him through research on this forum and the guys at the Corvette Club of CT cruise night vouched for him as well.

I sold some tires from my Camaro to one of the Blasius (Waterbury) techs - he does a lot of the higher end work up there. I could put you in touch with him as well. This is only what I've heard through my research - none of these guys have done work for me personally yet,

Last edited by witness140; 09-30-2018 at 08:34 PM.
Old 09-30-2018, 08:39 PM
Dabbgrandsport
Advanced

Default 👍🏻

Thank you. I bought my Silverado from Maritime. I will contact my sales guy to gather more info about them working on Corvettes. Are you a member of CT corvette club. I was going to look into joining them.
Old 09-30-2018, 08:54 PM
witness140
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Dabbgrandsport
Thank you. I bought my Silverado from Maritime. I will contact my sales guy to gather more info about them working on Corvettes. Are you a member of CT corvette club. I was going to look into joining them.
No, not a member. I stopped by the Wednesday night cruise night at Heavenly Donuts on Rt 34 in Derby last week. I met a couple of the guys and hung out for a little while. I just got my 2016 Z51 in August - so still pretty new in these waters.
Old 09-30-2018, 09:03 PM
Dabbgrandsport
Advanced

Me to I got my Grandsport 2LT M7 in December. Didn’t get much time to enjoy it this summer. Only 416 Miles on it as we speak. I am looking forward to having some fun in the spring. Just want to get the oil done by dealer so no warranty issues if the claim I didn’t do it. You say you have a Camaro. I have a 2011 SS convertible to keep the vette company. Les to say I am a chevy guy. Wifes drives a suburban, I have Silverado, have a 2001 Tahoe I can’t part with.
Old 10-01-2018, 05:04 AM
JoeD-C8
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 205 Likes on 140 Posts
St. Jude Donor '18-‘19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

"I've also heard that Paul Koerner up at Jackson Chevrolet in Middletown is a known and trusted Corvette tech. I see he runs local seminars for the corvette clubs - one is coming up in October as I recall. I found him through research on this forum and the guys at the Corvette Club of CT cruise night vouched for him as well."
I second that. Paul is knowledgeable, shares his experience at Carlisle among other events such as the ones at Bowling Green etc. His experience is second to none. Also, the entire service dept. over at Jackson are professional and courteous. Can't beat the experience there.
Old 10-01-2018, 01:11 PM
CT Grand Sport CE
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 63 Posts

I also bought my Grand Sport from MacMulkin and have been taking it to Jackson Chevrolet in Middletown and Paul Koerner. I have only had the complimentary oil changes, but did have Paul do an alignment last fall to a less track, more street setting. I have also attended several of Paul’s seminars at the dealership which are always informative and he will answer any questions you have about the car. Paul is the only Corvette mechanic at Jackson, so it can be difficult to schedule an appointment.
I live close to Danbury, and just had Ingersoll mount & balance a set of track tires, they were very accomodating. I have not gone to Ingersoll for service, but recently met someone who has their Corvette mechanic track prep his car and says he’s good.
Old 10-01-2018, 01:18 PM
Alex Marshall
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

check out at microlube
Old 10-01-2018, 03:02 PM
Dabbgrandsport
Advanced

Thank you. I talked with Ingersoll today. They have a dedicated Corvette only service technician. Mark. He works Tuesday to Friday according to service staff. I set up my 500 mile with them for this Thursday. I will see how they do and report back.

I have read that some others have had issues with the changing of the oil at other dealers with over fills and so on. Any additional items I should look for before I leave the dealers lot. Any additional tips are appreciated.

Thank you for input from all, lets hope it goes well and we can share with others a local service provider.
Old 10-08-2018, 10:06 AM
fake
Safety Car

Received 343 Likes on 247 Posts

Go to Jackson in Middletown ct. Just make sure they drain it warm ! They have a great staff there and they are all qualified to do a oil change!
Old 10-10-2018, 02:38 PM
Dabbgrandsport
Advanced

Hello just wanted to follow up. Had oil change At Ingersoll chevy (Danbury Chevy). They have three techs on staff that have different levels of exsperience with Corvettes. Thats what was shared with me. The oil change was completed and no problems. They did share a story regarding the replacement of a corvette motor. Apparently a guy was tracking the car and blew the motor. He had them repair under warranty. They told him to not track the new motor until after break in and 500 Miles. Guys leaves and drive 500 Miles that day and brings back for oil change so he can make track day that weekend.

Dedication on his part.

I would say they can handle oil changes and warranty work so if in the Fairfield county area I wouod recommend them.

Get notified of new replies

To Looking for Chevy dealer in CT for 1st oil change

Quick Reply: Looking for Chevy dealer in CT for 1st oil change