Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Baltimore Inner Harbor Hotel

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2019, 12:18 PM
javenius
Racer

Received 152 Likes on 100 Posts
Default Baltimore Inner Harbor Hotel

After the Bash in April, we are heading to Asheville for a couple of days then going to Baltimore for a couple of nights and catch a ball game. Looking at the reviews of local/downtown hotels, it appears most hotels only offer valet service and, ignoring the excessive cost, there are a variety of comments (poor to good) about the valet experience. Does anyone have a recommendation for a hotel and/or parking somewhere near Camden Yards?

Thanks
Jim
Old 03-14-2019, 12:37 PM
fireinv38
Pro

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

Holiday Inn across from firehouse. Self park & very secure.
Old 03-15-2019, 08:05 AM
68ragtop69
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
MD Events Coordinator
2015 C3 of Year Finalist
Cruise-In X Veteran
CI-X Car Show Winner
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

I always stayed at the Hilton in Baltimore whenever I stayed down there for the races. It's right next to the Yard; you pay for parking but you don't have pay for valet!
Old 03-15-2019, 10:57 AM
gn85
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Please do not valet park in Baltimore (see video link below). I don't know what your budget is, but there are several hotels in the area that have self parking.

This video was not in the area near the ball park, but it is a restaurant in a nicer area of Baltimore. I'm sure this could happen anywhere with valet parking. I would just hate to hear of anything like this happening to a fellow 'Vette owner.
Old 03-15-2019, 01:12 PM
javenius
Racer

Received 152 Likes on 100 Posts

Thanks for the replies. I think we'll be staying at the Hilton or the Marriott . They both offer self parking.
Old 03-18-2019, 07:23 PM
Zelicious
Pro

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by javenius
Thanks for the replies. I think we'll be staying at the Hilton or the Marriott . They both offer self parking.
I would suggest you leave your car parked during your stay downtown. If you need to go somewhere in town that's not walking distance, take an Uber or a Taxi. The roads are terrible and drivers are even worse. I know because I live in the area and I will never take my Corvette downtown. I know you don't have a choice because you're traveling but just be very aware of your surroundings when driving downtown. Have some good food while you're in town and enjoy the baseball game. I'll be at the Bash as well.

Get notified of new replies

To Baltimore Inner Harbor Hotel

Quick Reply: Baltimore Inner Harbor Hotel