Northern California Northern California

X3

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 11:57 PM
Racer1x
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vetterdstr
Ok well first of all I have to say I attended the X3 Event on Saturday. and I have a few things I would like to talk about.

#1. I didnt read the Event thread carefully so I ended up at D&J Hobby shop as the meeting spot. The Coordinator should have made me read the directions carefully and fully at home so I would understand what we were doing.. and since he didnt... he is to blame.

#2. On the way to D&J Hobby a MUSTANG who thought his car was fast wanted to run my car! The Event Coordinator should have been there to discourage the MUSTANG from even thinking about running me... so he is to blame.

#3. By the time I got to the Event meeting point, the initial meet and greet was over... since the coordinator didnt make me read the event thread, it was all his fault.

#4. When I pulled up the rules of the event were being announced to the group. I couldnt find a parking spot so I had to sit in my car during the entire speech. This was the coordinator's fault as well... simply because he didnt save me a parking space.

#5. As we left the place, I looked for the coordinators car to follow, he had driven down a side street. Since I wasnt there on time to listen to the directions given. I can only blame the Coordinator for his total disregard for my full knowledge of where to go and what to do. He should have held up the proceedings until I arrived.

#6. As we left the meeting place it was difficult to stay together through three stop lights and get on the freeway. Thank fully we all made it.. but had we not... I would have blamed it on the Coordinator.

#7. Driving down the freeway at two miles an hour less than the speed limit all the way to Big Basin Road was like Hell on Earth.. Just Who does the Coordinator think he is??

#8. As we drove through Los Gatos, some of the group was lost at a stop light. I totally blame the Coordinator for not having the Local police blocking the intersection and letting us all through.

#9. Then to allow the group to catch up... he PULLED OVER to wait for them!!! While I was pulled over I burned 5 table spoons of gas out of my tank... I am gonna get that Son of a Bitch Coordinator for that!!

#10. As we went through Saratoga We were separated again. Again I blame the Coordinator for not making me read the thread, for not keeping the lights green and also for not buying me a courtesy drink for this short ride through the mountains.

#11. On the way to Alices, it was foggy, cold, wet and the road was full of debris... I know the Coordinator planned all of this on purpose.. its all his fault.

#12. After leaving Alices my car malfunctioned and I pulled over to get the car running correctly again. I was totally left behind. I have a hunch that the Coordinator was jacking with my car while I was in the Porta Potty... So this is all his fault....

#13. I drove alone all the way to the restaurant in Cupertino until I found the place. Since I didnt read the thread, I was unsure where to go and how to get there... its all the coordinators fault.

#14. When I arrived, the entire front of the restaurant was roped off for Corvette Parking. Oh yes I was able to park out front but in a space I was totally unhappy with.... This is all the Coordinators fault.

#15. When we sat down to eat, we only had one waiter... getting things were slow... the coordinator should have been up serving drinks and cooking the food for us or at least held the store owner at gun point until we were served properly. Since he didnt.. its all the coordinators fault.

#16. When the bill came, everybody paid the bill in full and we even had extra money... since the coordinator didnt order everyone to pay exactly what they owed... its all his fault.

#17. When people left the restaurant parking lot they were burning rubber down the street... How terrible is that?? You all are too old and not responsible enough to do this!!! Since the event coordinator didnt run out in front of each one and order them to stop doing that.. its all his fault.

As a result of all these things I will NOT EVER ATTEND ANOTHER EVENT IN MY LIFE!!!

This observation was made by a person who just happened to go to this event, had nothing to do but observe and complain about what others try to do when getting the group together.

(if you truly see things this way... then by all means please stay home and allow everyone else to have fun ok?)

:

VR
You forgot about the cop on 280 and the motorcycle trying to provoke a race.
Old 09-11-2006, 12:00 AM
vetterdstr
Team Owner

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
CA Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by Racer1x
You forgot about the cop on 280 and the motorcycle trying to provoke a race.
I was left behind at Alices.... I wasnt there to see that cop and the motorcycle wanting to race... it was clearly the coordinators fault for not video taping that event to show it to me later...

VR
Old 09-11-2006, 12:25 AM
pwo
Red Scorpion
Support Corvetteforum!

CI-VIII Veteran

Steve, you also forgot to complain about too many pace cars on Skyline Blvd
probably the coordinators fault also (pace cars and that you forgot to complain about it )

Cheers
--pwo
Old 09-11-2006, 12:32 AM
pwo
Red Scorpion
Support Corvetteforum!

CI-VIII Veteran

Originally Posted by SNAKEKILLER!
Its about time.X3 2006! There will be a LEISURELY run scheduled on Saturday.. 9/9/2006
My pics of the gathering at Santana Row can be found on flickr at http://flickr.com/photos/pwosel/sets/72157594278743602/

My pics of the X3 run can be found on flickr at http://flickr.com/photos/pwosel/sets/72157594278749737/

It was a great run, really enjoyed it (though fewer pace cars and less fog and mist would have been nice ), food at BJs was also great

A perfect day. thank you Phil for putting this run together great job well done !!

Cheers
--pwo

--
Peter W. Osel http://pwo.de/
Old 09-11-2006, 12:47 AM
SNAKEKILLER!
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by pwo
Steve, you also forgot to complain about too many pace cars on Skyline Blvd
probably the coordinators fault also (pace cars and that you forgot to complain about it )

Cheers
--pwo

Dont forget the insurance I forgot to get in the event if anybody should have got hurt or die or got a speeding ticket or a flat tire or used gas or paint got chipped or tires got wet or got a rash on the portapotties at Alices

Those bicyclist scared me along with the motorcyclist giving a thumbs up

NOT TO MENTION......SOME NOT HOLDING THE FORUM BANNER STRAIGHT AND NOT SAYING CHEESE BEFORE THE PICTURE WAS TAKEN Dam.....My fault......

I've had it! Things have got to change!
I will have to have a talk with myself...........After X4 next year

Last edited by SNAKEKILLER!; 09-11-2006 at 12:59 AM.
Old 09-11-2006, 12:55 AM
SNAKEKILLER!
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by pwo
My pics of the gathering at Santana Row can be found on flickr at http://flickr.com/photos/pwosel/sets/72157594278743602/

My pics of the X3 run can be found on flickr at http://flickr.com/photos/pwosel/sets/72157594278749737/

It was a great run, really enjoyed it (though fewer pace cars and less fog and mist would have been nice ), food at BJs was also great

A perfect day. thank you Phil for putting this run together great job well done !!

Cheers
--pwo

--
Peter W. Osel http://pwo.de/
Thanks agian Peter for the kick ssss photos
Old 09-11-2006, 01:24 AM
Mrs Cali Z06
Burning Brakes

Old 09-11-2006, 07:59 AM
TOPGUN9
Drifting

Ok well first of all I have to say I attended the X3 Event on Saturday. and I have a few things I would like to talk about.

#1. I didnt read the Event thread carefully so I ended up at D&J Hobby shop as the meeting spot. The Coordinator should have made me read the directions carefully and fully at home so I would understand what we were doing.. and since he didnt... he is to blame.

#2. On the way to D&J Hobby a MUSTANG who thought his car was fast wanted to run my car! The Event Coordinator should have been there to discourage the MUSTANG from even thinking about running me... so he is to blame.

#3. By the time I got to the Event meeting point, the initial meet and greet was over... since the coordinator didnt make me read the event thread, it was all his fault.

#4. When I pulled up the rules of the event were being announced to the group. I couldnt find a parking spot so I had to sit in my car during the entire speech. This was the coordinator's fault as well... simply because he didnt save me a parking space.

#5. As we left the place, I looked for the coordinators car to follow, he had driven down a side street. Since I wasnt there on time to listen to the directions given. I can only blame the Coordinator for his total disregard for my full knowledge of where to go and what to do. He should have held up the proceedings until I arrived.

#6. As we left the meeting place it was difficult to stay together through three stop lights and get on the freeway. Thank fully we all made it.. but had we not... I would have blamed it on the Coordinator.

#7. Driving down the freeway at two miles an hour less than the speed limit all the way to Big Basin Road was like Hell on Earth.. Just Who does the Coordinator think he is??

#8. As we drove through Los Gatos, some of the group was lost at a stop light. I totally blame the Coordinator for not having the Local police blocking the intersection and letting us all through.

#9. Then to allow the group to catch up... he PULLED OVER to wait for them!!! While I was pulled over I burned 5 table spoons of gas out of my tank... I am gonna get that Son of a Bitch Coordinator for that!!

#10. As we went through Saratoga We were separated again. Again I blame the Coordinator for not making me read the thread, for not keeping the lights green and also for not buying me a courtesy drink for this short ride through the mountains.

#11. On the way to Alices, it was foggy, cold, wet and the road was full of debris... I know the Coordinator planned all of this on purpose.. its all his fault.

#12. After leaving Alices my car malfunctioned and I pulled over to get the car running correctly again. I was totally left behind. I have a hunch that the Coordinator was jacking with my car while I was in the Porta Potty... So this is all his fault....

#13. I drove alone all the way to the restaurant in Cupertino until I found the place. Since I didnt read the thread, I was unsure where to go and how to get there... its all the coordinators fault.

#14. When I arrived, the entire front of the restaurant was roped off for Corvette Parking. Oh yes I was able to park out front but in a space I was totally unhappy with.... This is all the Coordinators fault.

#15. When we sat down to eat, we only had one waiter... getting things were slow... the coordinator should have been up serving drinks and cooking the food for us or at least held the store owner at gun point until we were served properly. Since he didnt.. its all the coordinators fault.

#16. When the bill came, everybody paid the bill in full and we even had extra money... since the coordinator didnt order everyone to pay exactly what they owed... its all his fault.

#17. When people left the restaurant parking lot they were burning rubber down the street... How terrible is that?? You all are too old and not responsible enough to do this!!! Since the event coordinator didnt run out in front of each one and order them to stop doing that.. its all his fault.

As a result of all these things I will NOT EVER ATTEND ANOTHER EVENT IN MY LIFE!!!

This observation was made by a person who just happened to go to this event, had nothing to do but observe and complain about what others try to do when getting the group together.

(if you truly see things this way... then by all means please stay home and allow everyone else to have fun ok?)

:

VR
Geez, what a whiner!! My head is about ready to explode from reading this long post. I agree with Jerome; you've got way too much time on your hands, Steve!
Old 09-11-2006, 06:02 PM
GorJess66
7th Gear

:

VR

hahah this is great! cameron says he knows where i get my sarcasm from
Old 09-11-2006, 07:12 PM
#001 2001 Z06
NCM, WSCC & SCC Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

:

VR

My complaints to the Cordinator.

You did not part the seas so that I might hit 200+ mph. I did hit the top of fifth.

You did not bring Mike along so that we might leave the bill in front of him.

You did not come over to house afterward and wash my car. I had rudely wake up from my afternoon cat nap to clean and polish it for the car show. It still did not look as clean as yours.

Finally, you did not stuff three Synergy girls in my passenger seat to come massage my feet after the event. Trust me, I would have figured out how to get them all in there.

Old 09-11-2006, 07:37 PM
SNAKEKILLER!
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by #001 2001 Z06

My complaints to the Cordinator.

You did not part the seas so that I might hit 200+ mph. I did hit the top of fifth.

You did not bring Mike along so that we might leave the bill in front of him.

You did not come over to house afterward and wash my car. I had rudely wake up from my afternoon cat nap to clean and polish it for the car show. It still did not look as clean as yours.

Finally, you did not stuff three Synergy girls in my passenger seat to come massage my feet after the event. Trust me, I would have figured out how to get them all in there.

I'm sorry, next time I'll have to coordinate the Tecate and Synergy girls to drive the cars while we all get pedicures......

Last edited by SNAKEKILLER!; 09-11-2006 at 07:41 PM.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:41 PM
#001 2001 Z06
NCM, WSCC & SCC Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SNAKEKILLER!

I'm sorry, next time I'll have to coordinate the Tecate and Synergy girls to drive the cars while we all get pedicures........:leaving:
And then play tennis or it is golf this time?
Old 09-11-2006, 09:30 PM
TM-Z06
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

:

VR

BWAHAHAHAHA

I am in tears reading this......oh my goodness
Old 09-11-2006, 10:19 PM
TUNED87vette
Instructor

Thank you for setting this up! Everyone was friendly, food was good, and driving was insane.

Nobody but me and my friend will know how intense the drive really was. Oh ya, and the turbo C5 we were trying to chase might have an idea too. I'm sorry I forgot your name already.

Until next time,

Paul
Old 09-12-2006, 09:54 AM
PeteServMgr
Heel & Toe

Default X3 Run

Hey Paul ... you were chasing Brent.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:06 AM
briann510
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did the CHP miss me on this run?

Im still laughing at the ill handling of that Crown Vic.
Old 09-12-2006, 11:46 AM
CupertinoZ06
Drifting

A good run and thanks again for organizing this Phil. At Alice's I ended up talking to one of those bikers who was a WWII vet (Naval construction Seabee)

Quick Reply: X3