Northern California Northern California

Just installed Pfadt coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 04:19 PM
redtopz
Melting Slicks

Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts

Default Just installed Pfadt coilovers

I bought some almost new coilovers from another forum member and just installed them this morning. Installation was a breeze, but I have a couple questions. The spring perches were already set for the previous owner so I left them where they were. But when I lowered my car it looks like a couple springs are not seated flush with the perch. How do you get them to seat flush while lowering the car. Also, I had a track alignment done previously at Fairfield Chevy and I wonder if I need to go back for another alignment or is it still good. Sooner or later I will get up to MSI for a corner balance. My car is slammed down pretty low right now so I'll see how it does at auto-x tomorrow morning.
Old 05-02-2008, 06:55 PM
AVB
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

If the springs are seating in the perch that would mean they are loose when unloaded. I would get it so that is just starts to hold it in place even when wheels are hanging. Technically, that should increase shock travel a bit. To keep it the same height you'll need to lengthen it a bit by backing off the bottom ring.

If it sits too low you're going to need to set the dampening a bit higher to keep it from bottoming.

Where are you autocrossing?

Arnel
Old 05-02-2008, 11:46 PM
redtopz
Melting Slicks

Thanks Arnel, that's what I was wondering. The guy I bought them from said his shop spent a couple hours setting them so I thought I might just be able to keep his settings. But the springs are loose when unloaded and the car is a little lower than I would like. I will just go with it as is tomorrow and then adjust them later. I'm going to Castle AFB in Atwater with the American Auto-X Series.

http://www.americanauto-x.com/
Old 05-03-2008, 01:23 AM
meldog21
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the Pfadts and can give you my shock set up numbers. I sent you a PM.

Dog
Old 05-03-2008, 10:05 AM
redtopz
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by meldog21
I have the Pfadts and can give you my shock set up numbers. I sent you a PM.

Dog
Thanks a lot Mel . I'm trying to set it up for road course and auto-x. If I need to do another alignment I guess I should just go up to MSI and have them set it up right with a corner balance. Just driving around some local roads the car seems to handle significantly better even as is .

BTW I was thinking about going to Buttonwillow in a couple weeks but saw it just got cancelled . I've never been to that track but its closer to my house than T-Hill.

Get notified of new replies

To Just installed Pfadt coilovers

Quick Reply: Just installed Pfadt coilovers