Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 09:58 PM
doje
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Hey TJ, glad to see you are in one piece. My car is getting an LS3 right now. Hopefully I will be able to put the injectors you have to good use. I'll know by the end of the coming week. Be safe bro.
Old 02-28-2010, 01:33 PM
tjZ06
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OP,

I'm still curious to know what went wrong here?

-TJ
Old 03-02-2010, 02:53 AM
tjZ06
Melting Slicks

OP,

I'd really like an answer as to why my deal was not honored. We had an agreement, and I was ready to send you payment when I decided to double-check the price in the thread to send the right amount and I see the item is sold.

I'd rather not involve the moderators, so I'd prefer a direct explanation from you.

All-in-all it's a pretty low-down thing to do to a Corvette brother while he's in Afghanistan...

-TJ

PS-

I've bought and sold from many members here in the Norcal section and I think they can attest that I'm always fair and as quick as possible with payment. It's just a little hard to do things over here... it's the stone age.
Old 03-06-2010, 04:13 PM
tjZ06
Melting Slicks

-TJ
Old 03-08-2010, 11:57 AM
acarroll7715
Burning Brakes

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

^^Sorry don't really check old threads. I waited to hear from you for nearly two days and did not hear anything or see payment so it went to the next person in line. I do not know your schedule in Afganistan and you cannot expect me too either, so please don't play that card. I've sold plenty of things on this forum and have a great standing in the community. Figured you might have changed your mind and I had several other buyers waiting to send the payment instantly so it went to one of them who could pay promptly and have have me wondering if it is sold or not.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:10 PM
tjZ06
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by acarroll7715
^^Sorry don't really check old threads. I waited to hear from you for nearly two days and did not hear anything or see payment so it went to the next person in line. I do not know your schedule in Afganistan and you cannot expect me too either, so please don't play that card. I've sold plenty of things on this forum and have a great standing in the community. Figured you might have changed your mind and I had several other buyers waiting to send the payment instantly so it went to one of them who could pay promptly and have have me wondering if it is sold or not.
When I contacted you I specifically said that I often did not have connectivity for a few days.

I gave NO indication that I was no longer interested. You could have searched for posts from me and seen that I've had nothing but positive sale and purchase transactions on this board.

I was literally logged into Paypal to send you money when I double-checked the thread (to verify the selling price) to find you had sold it out from under me. You did not PM me saying you were going to sell it, in fact, you made no effort to check to see if I was still purchasing.

I made my posts and PMs abundantly clear I wanted the item, I didn't haggle on price, I didn't say "let me think about it" I said in no uncertain terms I wanted the item.

All in all very bad business man.

-TJ
Old 03-08-2010, 04:08 PM
acarroll7715
Burning Brakes

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by tjZ06
When I contacted you I specifically said that I often did not have connectivity for a few days.

I gave NO indication that I was no longer interested. You could have searched for posts from me and seen that I've had nothing but positive sale and purchase transactions on this board.

I was literally logged into Paypal to send you money when I double-checked the thread (to verify the selling price) to find you had sold it out from under me. You did not PM me saying you were going to sell it, in fact, you made no effort to check to see if I was still purchasing.

I made my posts and PMs abundantly clear I wanted the item, I didn't haggle on price, I didn't say "let me think about it" I said in no uncertain terms I wanted the item.

All in all very bad business man.

-TJ
First off, you did not state it would take you a few days. You said you would have to find someone to pick it up, that is all. You PM'd me asking for my paypal address, I sent it. If I would have known you needed a few days, I would have granted you it. Sorry for a bad experience but you neglected to mention the extra time needed for payment. Once again you cannot expect me to magically know your situation and schedule and plan my selling of items around you. I did not hear from you, and you are correct I did not send you a 2nd follow up PM a few days later. I was not waiting on you any longer to respond and had plenty of people waiting to buy it, that could respond in a reasonable timeframe. I actually had someone offer me more than the person who purchased my splitter and denied him because I did not want to sell out an item from underneath him....even for more money. Apparently none of that matters though, it all stemmed from a lack of communication on your end and your failure to state when you intended to pay.

Sorry for the inconvience and best of luck in Afghanistan
Old 03-10-2010, 07:36 AM
tjZ06
Melting Slicks

Even in the states not hearing back for a day or two shouldn't be cause to sell the part to somebody else without even pinging to verify interest. It was $175 or something, it's not like you weren't going to make your mortgage payment because of it. And it wasn't even the $ I was saving (your price was very good, I'll say that) that motivated me, but how hard it is to find a good, functional C5 splitter. I'd think that you'd have a little more understanding knowing somebody was on the other side of the world where internet access isn't as readily available (and we're 12.5hrs off).

Oh well.

-TJ

Quick Reply: FS: 97-05 Corvette C5 / Z06 front lip splitter