Northern California Northern California

Bay Area C2 Radio Repair - Recommendations Needed

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 10:40 PM
C2Dan
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bay Area C2 Radio Repair - Recommendations Needed

I'm still looking for a recommendation to have the factory AM/FM radio in my C2 repaired. I'm hoping for a repair rather than a replacement with a new unit. I'm also hoping for someone more or less local, who can remove and reinstall the radio. (I'm somewhat concerned about the usual "It's not the radio's fault--it must be the antenna/ground/car's fault.") Any thoughts? How about Charles Siegfried in Sebastopol?

Thank you for all ideas.
Old 03-27-2010, 03:36 PM
Vet65te
Le Mans Master

Received 1,055 Likes on 683 Posts

Dan, you might have better luck getting responses posting this question on the C1&C2 General Discussion Forum even though you're asking about a local shop.
If I remember correctly, Charles Siegfried only does complete overhauls and not partial repairs. I sorta remember the cost being around $350 on up depending on what type of radio it is and the turnaround time being 4 to 6 weeks, but that all might have changed by now. You'll need to check out his website to verify the cost and time.
I've had a local shop 'fix' an inoperable midyear AM-FM and while it did 'work' afterwards the reception was fair at best even with the antenna adjustments set as they should be. That partial repair cost about $50 back about 12 years ago. Check the archives on old posts about radio repairs and you'll find a number of them listed.
There are also a number of aftermarket radio's that look very close to the original early and midyear Vette radios and do a much better job at radio reception along with all the new iPod and MP3 hookups.
Mike T.

Quick Reply: Bay Area C2 Radio Repair - Recommendations Needed