Northern California Northern California

"Speeding for a Cure" for Cystic Fibrosis Sept. 12

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 07:24 PM
0SMOKNC6Z06
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default "Speeding for a Cure" for Cystic Fibrosis Sept. 12

Hi Corvette Forum members. Last year there was great support from the local Corvette community and Corvette forum members in helping raise money for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.

Here is the information for 3rd annual event at the Roseville Speedway. What better way to put your money where your mouth is as to who is a better driver. You will be driving Nacar style oval track cars.

It’s BACK for a THIRD year! “Speeding to a Cure” for cystic fibrosis will be held Sunday, September 12, 2010 at Roseville’s All-American Speedway…..a family fun event where YOU can drive a race car and help support a great cause! Grip the wheel, feel the adrenalin, smell the gasoline and burnt rubber...race against family & friends...makes a great gift, too!

Races will begin at 1PM and are approximately every 15 minutes.

There will be a FREE lunch for drivers ($1 donation for others) sponsored by Blue Northern Builders, great RAFFLE prizes and music as well as a few vendors!

RULES:

~ Must be at least 16 years of age w/ a valid
driver’s license

~ Must be able to drive manual transmission

~ Checks can be MADE PAYABLE to

Spectator Racing & sent to 667 Downing

Cir. Lincoln, CA 95648

Stephanie Davis says, "I’m still in need of volunteers, vendors/sponsors and more raffle prizes are always welcome. Please help spread the word and forward the flyer on to your friends and family! The more racers we have, the more money that goes toward making CF stand for Cure Found!"

Stephanie's daughter, Faith has Cystic Fibrosis. Faith says, "I take pills with every meal to
help my body absorb & digest food. I also have to wear a vest which vigorously thumps my torso to loosen mucus
in my lungs & get breathing treatments to keep inflammation down. Additionally, I take both an acid reflux
medicine & concentrated vitamins…& that’s a “good” day"

One of over 30,000 children & adults in the U.S. who has CF, a chronic, progressive & life-threatening genetic
disease affecting my lungs & digestive system. Sadly, there is NO CURE, yet.

Here is the cost of a day of fun.

1 Session…………..$49.95
(1) 10 Lap Full Speed Session

*3 Sessions…..$129.95
(3) 10 Lap Full Speed Sessions – 30 laps

*Highly Recommended
(Helmet & Firesuit are provided)

Check out www.TeamFaithFULL.com for updates on Faith and cystic fibrosis.

See YOU at the races!!!!

With love & gratitude,

Stephanie and Faith Davis
Contact FindaCure4CF@yahoo.com or 916-803-4345 to sign up!
Attached Images   
Attached Files
File Type: doc
SpeedingforaCure.doc (496.0 KB, 100 views)

Last edited by SMOKNC6Z06; 07-21-2010 at 09:32 PM.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:16 AM
folsomlarry
Melting Slicks

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Looks like fun! I hope I can make this event, maybe one race for us "old guys" from the forum.

Larry

Quick Reply: "Speeding for a Cure" for Cystic Fibrosis Sept. 12