Northern California Northern California

Bad experience with Synergy Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 05:21 PM
choivette
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rick just did my diff and I have no issuses. Did in quicker than I expected and his helper called me twice to let me know the car was ready. Rick also has done some other smaller jobs for me again quickly and reasonably.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:45 PM
hawk179
4th Gear

I dont remember being that "Rude" over the phone with you, I just gave you a simple no I wont be in saturday. If I was, I do appologize, but going to every forum you can and talking about it wont really buy you a better experience if you ask me. I have monday through friday hours only right now. I do saturdays when I can, and right now I cant. I get two days for the family. And trust me, all I ever hear from people is that they work all week and have no time. Well, I too work all week as well. This is, after all, a hobby. And since its a hobby, then you can to make time during the week to support your hobby, or try and find another shop who can rebuild your diff for you.

Rick
Old 07-12-2011, 03:15 PM
Charles Gerughty
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by hawk179
I dont remember being that "Rude" over the phone with you, I just gave you a simple no I wont be in saturday. If I was, I do appologize, but going to every forum you can and talking about it wont really buy you a better experience if you ask me. I have monday through friday hours only right now. I do saturdays when I can, and right now I cant. I get two days for the family. And trust me, all I ever hear from people is that they work all week and have no time. Well, I too work all week as well. This is, after all, a hobby. And since its a hobby, then you can to make time during the week to support your hobby, or try and find another shop who can rebuild your diff for you.

Rick
Great response Rick. Some comments should be put in a PM. Enjoy your children and your weekends. I used to work 24/7 and now that I'm a liitle older and smarter and a member of NCCA I finally gave that up. What a difference my Corvette has made in my life. So many friends, tracks and events to attend who I never have time to work on Saturdays and Sundays anymore.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:50 PM
FRChilln
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Rick
You didn't even give me the chance of day to see the options. You were just like "nope nope nope". Maybe it was because it was the end of the day on a Friday but you wouldn't even let me finish a sentence to even see what your regular hrs were. I tried emailing you thru your website and got no response. I understand you have kids and a family but maybe you should change the part on your website that says, "Saturday by apt only" to "Saturdays when I feel like it". It's fine its not a big deal anymore.

-Mike
Old 07-13-2011, 11:17 PM
hawk179
4th Gear

Originally Posted by FRChilln
You didn't even give me the chance of day to see the options. You were just like "nope nope nope". Maybe it was because it was the end of the day on a Friday but you wouldn't even let me finish a sentence to even see what your regular hrs were. I tried emailing you thru your website and got no response. I understand you have kids and a family but maybe you should change the part on your website that says, "Saturday by apt only" to "Saturdays when I feel like it". It's fine its not a big deal anymore.

-Mike
Pretty sure I told you monday through friday, 10-6 is what I normally do when we talked the first couple times about building your diff. Its not like we had only one conversation. Yes, you sent me an email but I was not sure about the up coming saturday. And the last time you called me on that friday, I was in the dyno room which I can barley hear you on the phone. Doing everything is not as easy as it sounds. And by apt means just that, if I am not available, I am not available.

And yes, it is a big deal. You know why? When you start a thread on public forums about a bad experience, most people tend to think that something went wrong, not that you could not find a day to drop off a part. Speaks words about character.

R
Old 07-14-2011, 12:10 AM
FRChilln
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Pretty sure I told you monday through friday, 10-6 is what I normally do when we talked the first couple times about building your diff. Its not like we had only one conversation. Yes, you sent me an email but I was not sure about the up coming saturday. And the last time you called me on that friday, I was in the dyno room which I can barley hear you on the phone. Doing everything is not as easy as it sounds. And by apt means just that, if I am not available, I am not available.

And yes, it is a big deal. You know why? When you start a thread on public forums about a bad experience, most people tend to think that something went wrong, not that you could not find a day to drop off a part. Speaks words about character.

R
That was the first and only time we spoke. This was a diff I was going to drop off for a friend so you may have spoken with him before but this was my first experience with you. If you say you got my email a simple reply would of been nice. I wasn't looking to put a rush on the rebuild and swap but rather just asking casually when you would be around for a quick minute, it could of been weeks from now. I wasn't in a rush but instead of listening to what I was saying you were just interupting what I was trying to say with your, "nope nope nope". Just let this thread die and be done with it, it is what it is. I'm sure your work is outstanding by the looks of others vouching for your shop but these are just my own first impressions.

-Mike

Last edited by FRChilln; 07-14-2011 at 12:46 AM.
Old 07-14-2011, 02:42 AM
DUMAN
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Hey Rick you did a street tune on a buddy of mines 06 Silvarado SS. I haven't gotten a ride yet but he is super happy with it. I am going to have to get my Denali done now I guess.
Old 07-14-2011, 01:17 PM
Charles Gerughty
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

R
Old 07-15-2011, 11:26 AM
99torchredlb
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Rick, u can not please everyone so don't sweat it .. life is to short so spend time with the family......work will always be there.
Old 07-16-2011, 12:49 AM
thetaxman
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FRChilln
I called to to see if someone would be around the shop this weekend so I could drop a diff off for rebuild and gear swap because there regular M-F hrs are the same as my work hours and on there web site is says you can set up an apt for Saturdays. All I was asking was to drop the diff off real quick and the guy on the phone was a complete jack about it just saying "nope nope nope"
Old 07-16-2011, 01:05 AM
doje
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Looks like both sides have had their say. I say time for

Quick Reply: Bad experience with Synergy Motorsports