Northern California Northern California

FS: 2005 Exiss all Aluminum Car Hauler

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 05:39 AM
tjZ06
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default FS: 2005 Exiss all Aluminum Car Hauler

This is the model trailer: http://www.exiss.com/bumper-pull_car...delta102-28ta/

The trailer has built-in cabinets at the front of the trailer, a metal top workbench with vice, lots of added racks (helmet/race suit, fluids, etc.), two large tire racks (fits 6 315 or 335, would fit 8 smaller tires), etc. It has had lots of nice upgrades, like an awning on the passenger side, flood lights on the exterior, fluorescent shop lights in the exterior, 110V outlets wired throughout, 220V receptacle on front of trailer to hook up the generator, MileMarker winch w/ battery and battery tender (needs a new battery), etc. It also has 4 brand new tires on it with only a few hundred miles on them. I personally drove every one of those miles and these tires have never been curbed, hopped traffic islands or any of the other general abuse trailer tires tend to get which shortens their life.

The generator is a Honda EX4500 that does 110/220V. You can run a nice 220V welder off of it easily (which we’ve done to repair the sand rail).

Asking $13,000obo with generator, $12,000obo without generator. No, I will not sell the generator alone for $1,000 but would take $1,500 for it. (So you get your best deal buying the package). I encourage anybody interested to price out a 28’ Aluminum car hauler and this generator, along with all the upgrades. You’ll see that you will quickly spend at least double my asking price.

Thanks,
TJ
Old 12-06-2011, 04:50 AM
tjZ06
Melting Slicks

Bump, somebody needs to buy themselves a Christmas gift!

-TJ
Old 12-06-2011, 08:41 AM
kimmer
Le Mans Master

Received 60 Likes on 41 Posts
C4 of the Year Finalist

That's sweet! I wish.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:38 PM
tjZ06
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by kimmer
That's sweet! I wish.
Where there's a will there's a way!

-TJ
Old 12-09-2011, 10:32 AM
tjZ06
Melting Slicks

Come 'n get it...

-TJ
Old 12-14-2011, 09:55 AM
tjZ06
Melting Slicks

The trailer is SOLD (complete with generator).

Thanks everybody!

-TJ
Old 12-14-2011, 10:15 PM
Exotica
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 52 Likes on 22 Posts

That was a sweet trailer TJ. Wish I would have had the spare cash. I recently bought a full size diesel truck that would have been perfect to tow that beast.

Good luck on the sale of your car. That thing is a gem too. If mine was stock I'd sell it to buy yours, but mine is too far down the path with everything I've done to it.
Old 12-16-2011, 01:34 AM
tjZ06
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Exotica
That was a sweet trailer TJ. Wish I would have had the spare cash. I recently bought a full size diesel truck that would have been perfect to tow that beast.

Good luck on the sale of your car. That thing is a gem too. If mine was stock I'd sell it to buy yours, but mine is too far down the path with everything I've done to it.
Thanks for the kind words. My Z really is a gem... there's a (very big) part of me that doesn't want to see it actually sell so I'm "forced" to keep it. Here's what replaced this trailer, loaded up and about ready to head home:

This is with 0psi in the air bags on the truck, I was really happy with how little it sagged without air and it towed pretty darn well considering the squat. It did "chuck" a little, and you could tell it was riding on the overloads.

Here it is with about 50psi in the bags, as you can see it sat perfect at towed AMAZINGLY. it actually towed better than the last trailer in some ways. You could tell the truck was working a bit harder (a few more psi of boost for any given condition) but 5'ers are so smooth and stable, and actually are easier to maneuver despite being a much bigger trailer.

If anybody is considering a LML ('11+) Duramax, DO IT. With just my minor mods (intake, full exhaust, tuner) I pulled the Grapevine at 55mph with ease. It held around 900 degrees F on the EGT, and would peak around 1100 (still very safe) if I accelerated (yes, it would easily accelerate up the Grapevine from 55). Going down the Grapevine I put the cruise control on at 45, manually shifted it into 3rd and never once hit the brake pedal (I always tow w/ the exhaust brake enabled).

-TJ
Old 12-24-2011, 08:37 AM
vetterdstr
Team Owner

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
CA Events Coordinator

New setup sure looks nice! Is your new trailer a toy hauler? or dedicated travel trailer?
Old 12-24-2011, 01:03 PM
Shark Racer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 241 Likes on 200 Posts

It's a toy hauler, very cool.

Get notified of new replies

To FS: 2005 Exiss all Aluminum Car Hauler

Quick Reply: FS: 2005 Exiss all Aluminum Car Hauler