C7 Alignment

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 11:44 PM
ErnieD
Burning Brakes

Received 70 Likes on 43 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16-'17,'19

Default C7 Alignment

Any alignment shop recommendations for the Sacramento/Roseville area? Looking for a shop that has the GM special C7 tool to set rear caster -- and knows how to use it. Thanks,
Ernie
Old 01-09-2015, 12:11 AM
ptroxx
Race Director

Location: Henderson Nv-Rohnert Park/Sonoma C o. ca/born in NY Rockaway Beach.
Received 544 Likes on 384 Posts

call abel and ask Richie,,,,,
Old 01-09-2015, 06:29 PM
50 4Ever
Wil Cooksey #256
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Ernie, I heard a couple months ago that Mark at MSI was in the process of getting the tools required for the C7 alignment.

Doug

Old 01-09-2015, 07:42 PM
ErnieD
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ptroxx
call abel and ask Richie,,,,,
Rich recommends an alignment shop, but that shop does not yet have the special GM rear caster tool. I'll be talking with that shop again in the very near future and maybe something can be worked out.

Originally Posted by 50 4Ever
Ernie, I heard a couple months ago that Mark at MSI was in the process of getting the tools required for the C7 alignment.

Doug

Hey Doug, Mark has intended to fabricate an equivalent tool, but has had some shop issues that have, so far, prevented trying it out. Maybe a bit of time will resolve the problems. I hope so.

Ernie
Old 01-09-2015, 07:57 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Doug

I thought MSI got out of the Corvette business when their gun shop expanded.
Old 01-09-2015, 07:59 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Originally Posted by ErnieD
Rich recommends an alignment shop, but that shop does not yet have the special GM rear caster tool. I'll be talking with that shop again in the very near future and maybe something can be worked out.

Hey Doug, Mark has intended to fabricate an equivalent tool, but has had some shop issues that have, so far, prevented trying it out. Maybe a bit of time will resolve the problems. I hope so.

Ernie
Is that the Alignment Shop in Fairfield?
Old 01-09-2015, 09:33 PM
Kouasupra
Melting Slicks

Received 600 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by LS WON
Yes sir.
Old 01-09-2015, 09:37 PM
ErnieD
Burning Brakes

Yeah, Gary at the Alignment Shop has the info on the alignment tool and its use. Hopefully, he gets set up to do the C7's.

Ernie
Old 01-09-2015, 10:47 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Yeah, Gary at the Alignment Shop has the info on the alignment tool and its use. Hopefully, he gets set up to do the C7's.

Ernie
I get my cars aligned there.
Attached Images  
Old 01-10-2015, 12:19 PM
Vinnie T
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ernie
If you can wait for Mark at MSI, he is really good and will custom tune it specifically for you if you want.
Old 01-10-2015, 03:49 PM
50 4Ever
Wil Cooksey #256
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I thought MSI got out of the Corvette business when their gun shop expanded.
Last time I talked to Mark he was still going to do alignments. I think the rest of the corvette business has stopped.

Old 01-10-2015, 07:35 PM
Vinnie T
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last time I talked to Mark he was still going to do alignments. I think the rest of the corvette business has stopped.

That's pretty much the case. Last time I was there, which was about a year ago now that i think about it, Mark was still doing alignments and other limited suspension work. Looked like he had 1 bay that he uses, and the others were leased out to other businesses. Unfortunately, I guess there is a lot more money in guns these days.

Mark is a little pricey (custom alignment was $200), but he really knows his stuff and I'm more than impressed with the quality of the alignment he did. And it was done to custom specs for the type of driving I do most. I've never had a better alignment in any car I've ever owned.
Old 01-11-2015, 01:24 AM
Kouasupra
Melting Slicks

Received 600 Likes on 258 Posts

Just stop by there today. Both Mark are still active in the corvette world. I was talking to Mark "suspension" today about Mark Roman. Apparently Mark Roman travels often now so his schedule is a tight. Tried to get a tuning quote from Mark Roman but he wasn't available.
Old 01-12-2015, 05:32 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Vinnie T
That's pretty much the case. Last time I was there, which was about a year ago now that i think about it, Mark was still doing alignments and other limited suspension work. Looked like he had 1 bay that he uses, and the others were leased out to other businesses. Unfortunately, I guess there is a lot more money in guns these days.

Mark is a little pricey (custom alignment was $200), but he really knows his stuff and I'm more than impressed with the quality of the alignment he did. And it was done to custom specs for the type of driving I do most. I've never had a better alignment in any car I've ever owned.
Guns are very popular in Placer County as you can obtain a Carry n Conceal Permit if you live there.

Get notified of new replies

To C7 Alignment

Quick Reply: C7 Alignment