Northern California Northern California

Great servive

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2016, 10:13 PM
redvetteman81
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Great servive

I took my 89 vette to BMR Racing to have my neutral safety switch replaced. It was nearly impossible to find the part. Joe the service writer got in contact with Mid America Corvettes to try and locate the part. It took the rep at Mid America using his resources to find the part and have it shipped over night. I want to give prop to all the guys at BMR ( Bill. Mike Joe, and Joe). What a great shop they have with a great team.
Old 03-06-2016, 03:32 PM
KenVette57
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I have to second you praise I had a major issue and had my C6 towed in. They did 7 hours of diagnostics and couldn't clear all the codes. Since they were unable to clear all the codes they didn't charge me for the 7 hours of diagnostics. Great group there and they've earned my business.
Old 03-06-2016, 08:05 PM
383vett
Race Director

Received 1,541 Likes on 1,042 Posts

I'm sure they provide great service. Actually, a 10 second google for a C4 Corvette neutral safely switch brings up a number of resources. I hope you weren't charged for phone time.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...ch+c4+corvette
Old 03-07-2016, 11:48 AM
KenVette57
Pro

Originally Posted by 383vett
I'm sure they provide great service. Actually, a 10 second google for a C4 Corvette neutral safely switch brings up a number of resources. I hope you weren't charged for phone time.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...ch+c4+corvette
wow
Old 03-09-2016, 12:42 AM
redvetteman81
Racer

Originally Posted by KenVette57
wow
Main point being that it was not available locally.
Old 03-10-2016, 04:05 PM
KenVette57
Pro

Originally Posted by redvetteman81
Main point being that it was not available locally.
I meant wow because of the other post.... Some things should best unsaid........
Old 03-10-2016, 08:46 PM
redvetteman81
Racer

I meant wow because of the other post.... Some things should best unsaid........
I know Kenvette ,I accidentally hit the wrong thread. I guess you have to be in the situation.
Old 03-11-2016, 01:23 PM
KenVette57
Pro

Originally Posted by redvetteman81
I know Kenvette ,I accidentally hit the wrong thread. I guess you have to be in the situation.
I just think his c0mmernt was uncalled for...
Old 03-11-2016, 03:43 PM
383vett
Race Director

I just think his c0mmernt was uncalled for...
Ok girls. Apparently you two are overly sensitive and are experiencing a little butt hurt. I was simply pointing out that there are other sources for the neutral safety to help out other forum members. I replaced mine recently and did not have difficulty obtaining this part. I did state that I was sure you were provided good service so I wasn't bashing your vendor. Since you brought it up Redvette, I feel it's unfortunate that you are driving a nearly 30 year old Corvette (I'm not knocking your Vette, mine's older) and you don't have the aptitude to remove your center console with a phillips screwdriver and swap out your neutral safety switch with a 7mm socket. Instead, you have to depend on and pay a mechanic to this simple task. As for you Ken, saying that you brought your C6 to a shop for an unsuccessful seven hour attempt to clear diagnostic codes is really not good advertising for the vendor. A bit of advice for you guys; invest in a set of tools, an FSM and do some maintenance and repairs yourselves. You'll have the satisfaction of completing a repair, knowing it's done right, and saving bucks along the way.

Last edited by 383vett; 03-11-2016 at 04:23 PM.
Old 03-14-2016, 02:27 PM
KenVette57
Pro

Ok girls. Apparently you two are overly sensitive and are experiencing a little butt hurt. I was simply pointing out that there are other sources for the neutral safety to help out other forum members. I replaced mine recently and did not have difficulty obtaining this part. I did state that I was sure you were provided good service so I wasn't bashing your vendor. Since you brought it up Redvette, I feel it's unfortunate that you are driving a nearly 30 year old Corvette (I'm not knocking your Vette, mine's older) and you don't have the aptitude to remove your center console with a phillips screwdriver and swap out your neutral safety switch with a 7mm socket. Instead, you have to depend on and pay a mechanic to this simple task. As for you Ken, saying that you brought your C6 to a shop for an unsuccessful seven hour attempt to clear diagnostic codes is really not good advertising for the vendor. A bit of advice for you guys; invest in a set of tools, an FSM and do some maintenance and repairs yourselves. You'll have the satisfaction of completing a repair, knowing it's done right, and saving bucks along the way.
Totally out of character for me !!!! Was having a bad day big time..... All good
Old 03-14-2016, 11:09 PM
redvetteman81
Racer

I actually do have tools and the aptitude and have replaced the gears in my headlight motors, and done other additional repairs on both my vettes. I was in a bind with no time that week, and would have had to ship the part either way. No hard feelings 383vette
Old 03-16-2016, 01:40 PM
383vett
Race Director

Get notified of new replies

To Great servive

Quick Reply: Great servive