Recommended AC Shops? Need it fix before Rainbow run

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2017, 07:52 PM
Corvette_at_21
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Recommended AC Shops? Need it fix before Rainbow run

Hi all,

After racing at the race track, my AC stopped working (not blowing cold air). Car never over heated not even close to it. The car is tuned with a 160 thermostat (I still haven't changed it, still using stock thermostat). I also checked if the AC pulley is spinning, yes it is spinning. I tried auto temp on the ac, I also tried clicking the snow flake button. Nothing any ideas what could be wrong? Also any shops that you guys highly recommend? As far as location, I don't really care where the shop is, I just want to make sure its reputable and knows about corvettes and AC. I called Abel (first thing I did lol) but they're pretty booked, not surprised.

Thanks all
Old 03-29-2017, 08:08 PM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Supporting the Corvette Community at Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista, CA 707-374-6317 Ext.123
Received 1,425 Likes on 597 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Corvette_at_21
Hi all,

After racing at the race track, my AC stopped working (not blowing cold air). Car never over heated not even close to it. The car is tuned with a 160 thermostat (I still haven't changed it, still using stock thermostat). I also checked if the AC pulley is spinning, yes it is spinning. I tried auto temp on the ac, I also tried clicking the snow flake button. Nothing any ideas what could be wrong? Also any shops that you guys highly recommend? As far as location, I don't really care where the shop is, I just want to make sure its reputable and knows about corvettes and AC. I called Abel (first thing I did lol) but they're pretty booked, not surprised.

Thanks all
If you just want the AC charged and dye added then we can definitely handle that. If it's more than the system being empty, which usually indicated a small leak, then you may have to come back for a later appt.
The following users liked this post:
Corvette_at_21 (03-29-2017)
Old 03-29-2017, 08:09 PM
Corvette_at_21
Advanced

Originally Posted by RichieRichZ06
If you just want the AC charged and dye added then we can definitely handle that. If it's more than the system being empty, which usually indicated a small leak, then you may have to come back for a later appt.
Awesome lol I'll drop by Saturday and hope that it's nothing too serious.
Old 03-30-2017, 09:57 AM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Supporting the Corvette Community at Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista, CA 707-374-6317 Ext.123
Received 1,425 Likes on 597 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Corvette_at_21
Awesome lol I'll drop by Saturday and hope that it's nothing too serious.
Service is not open Saturdays. If you want to come tomorrow, let me know if morning or afternoon is best and I'll hold a spot open to charge the system.
Old 03-31-2017, 04:51 PM
Corvette_at_21
Advanced

Originally Posted by RichieRichZ06
Service is not open Saturdays. If you want to come tomorrow, let me know if morning or afternoon is best and I'll hold a spot open to charge the system.
Oh I can't come today. I'll have to file a day off. I'll give you guys a call when I have that day off.

Thanks!

Get notified of new replies

To Recommended AC Shops? Need it fix before Rainbow run

Quick Reply: Recommended AC Shops? Need it fix before Rainbow run