Northern California Northern California

C7 Z06 Alignment in Sacramento Area

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2017, 05:39 PM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Supporting the Corvette Community at Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista, CA 707-374-6317 Ext.123
Received 1,425 Likes on 597 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by RagTop69
Is there anything so unique about aligning a C6 for DD service that it couldn't be accomplished by a local shop without having to drive 100 miles each way? I know that Richie at Abel has a great reputation and Mark at MSI is also a master of the Corvette, but I have a stock suspension and I don't foresee ever tracking the car. I already gave a call to Mark and he's booked up until the end of the century. What should I expect to spend on a 4 wheel alignment?
There is nothing all that special about a C6 alignment. The difference between what we do (and Mark as well) compared to your local shop is that we will dial the car in to exactly what you want.

Most shops do what we call the "green and go" style alignment. That means they adjust your camber, caster and toe until the machine shows it's green (in the factory range of measurement), but not necessarily even on all sides. We always try to get the measurements exactly where we want them and within a couple hundredths of an inch of the opposing side.

I would expect to pay around $89-$99 for a typical "green and go" alignment, but I would expect to pay $169-$200 for a good alignment.
The following 2 users liked this post by RichieRichZ06:
Is2scooby (07-23-2017), RagTop69 (07-28-2017)

Quick Reply: C7 Z06 Alignment in Sacramento Area