Northern California Northern California

Servicing at Abel

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 02:10 AM
furioustylez
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Servicing at Abel

Hey all, I've heard great things here about Abel Chevrolet's service.

What's the best way to make sure I get in touch with the right person to service the car?

Call the service number on the website and ask for a specific person? Use the service scheduler on the website?

I'm a newbie to Corvettes (C6 GS) and the Chevy dealership I bought the car from inflated my run flats to 40+ PSI when I hear the recommended pressure should be 30 (got the high pressure warnings - i deflated them back down) Want to make sure nothing else was looked over

Last edited by furioustylez; 10-19-2017 at 02:53 AM.
Old 10-19-2017, 04:44 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by furioustylez
Hey all, I've heard great things here about Abel Chevrolet's service.

What's the best way to make sure I get in touch with the right person to service the car?

Call the service number on the website and ask for a specific person? Use the service scheduler on the website?

I'm a newbie to Corvettes (C6 GS) and the Chevy dealership I bought the car from inflated my run flats to 40+ PSI when I hear the recommended pressure should be 30 (got the high pressure warnings - i deflated them back down) Want to make sure nothing else was looked over
Rich Willhof Service and Parts Manager, 800-669-1329
Old 10-19-2017, 12:31 PM
TCorzett
Racer

Received 79 Likes on 56 Posts

Rich is great and everyone in Abel's parts/service department seems to know their stuff. I've never hesitated to walk in the front door (it's not like I need the one "Corvette Guy" to do the work like some other dealers), but still call to schedule most of my service.
Old 10-19-2017, 05:59 PM
c7fasteddie
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You can ask for Will or Donnell the two service advisors. They are excellent at their job. Rich is very busy and may not be able to return your call right away. Be sure to introduce yourself to Rich when you go there-great guy and ask him anything Corvettes-no dumb questions.
This is a class act Dealership.
Old 10-19-2017, 07:10 PM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Supporting the Corvette Community at Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista, CA 707-374-6317 Ext.123
Received 1,425 Likes on 597 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Thanks for all the kinds words everyone.

To the OP, Please feel free to call down and speak with Donnell, or Will. They are my service advisers and can handle just about anything. They will refer to me if needed or if you have specific questions they can't answer.

I am always excited to meet new customers so please stop in a say hi if you're here. If you schedule something during the week of Oct 30 - Nov 3rd, I will be gone for SEMA, but I will look forward to meeting you on the next visit.

Rich Willhoff
Service and Parts Director
Abel Chevrolet Buick
707-374-6317
The following 2 users liked this post by RichieRichZ06:
Puttnutt24 (02-09-2018), spireland (11-04-2017)
Old 10-23-2017, 02:27 PM
furioustylez
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the help everyone!
Old 10-29-2017, 11:56 PM
lostsoul
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 944 Likes on 558 Posts

So who at abel can get me an allocation for an 2019 ME and how it all works? I would think the big places have their mostly taken and dont think they can sell them lower to justify the transport. Anyone know how it works?
Old 10-30-2017, 12:33 PM
TCorzett
Racer

Originally Posted by lostsoul
So who at abel can get me an allocation for an 2019 ME and how it all works? I would think the big places have their mostly taken and dont think they can sell them lower to justify the transport. Anyone know how it works?
Give Abel a call or stop by and talk with a sales rep and I'm sure they'll give you the 2019 details.

I ordered my 2018 just days before the cut-off before the summer plant closure and allocation was never an issue. Bigger issue was actually getting a MSRP to judge pricing/discounts on, since they weren't officially selling 2018's when I started the process. I don't believe the 2019 pricing is out, so likely a similar deal if you wanted to order today.

My final price was a little above what some of the east coast dealers were doing at the time, but not by much... and I didn't have to worry about a long-distance sale (and getting transport/registration in California). It was also great knowing the best dealer would be doing delivery prep. I would order through Abel again in a heartbeat!

Last edited by TCorzett; 10-30-2017 at 12:34 PM.
Old 10-30-2017, 11:47 PM
lostsoul
Banned Scam/Spammer

Ill give them a ring tomorrow and find out. I'm a little confused how the setup work. each dealership gets so many allocations for future cars. Being a completely new model I "would" think the sales price would be the same except for some places going above msrp. I have the GM supplier discount, but I dont know if that would be accepted. Would I be lucky to even get msrp.. haha..
Old 10-31-2017, 12:24 PM
TCorzett
Racer

Ill give them a ring tomorrow and find out. I'm a little confused how the setup work. each dealership gets so many allocations for future cars. Being a completely new model I "would" think the sales price would be the same except for some places going above msrp. I have the GM supplier discount, but I dont know if that would be accepted. Would I be lucky to even get msrp.. haha..
The guys at Abel will be able to walk you through the whole process... they know their stuff and made my buying process smooth and transparent.

When I was looking to order a 2018 in May, they were still making the 2017's. The pricing for the 2018 had been released (forum dealers putting together buyer guides), but was not yet in the ordering system (only 2017's). Talking to east coast dealers most were negotiating below MSRP on the 2018's... and the only dealers I saw with over MSRP prices (on 2017's) were those trying to sell "dealer upgrades" like painting the stock wheels black, adding wheel locks, and charging a $5k premium. Honestly, I don't know why there are those who pay MSRP when there are so many dealers who will easily/quickly negotiate below MSRP.

The problem I had was getting an exact order price, since it wasn't in GM's official ordering system yet. I didn't want to sign a contract for a car not knowing the actual price I was going to pay. After talking with Abel, I waited a few weeks until the 2018's went into the GM order system so I could get a price on my contract/order.

Oh, and it takes a bit of time from placing the order to receiving the car. I ordered mine 6/14, went 3300 on 7/3, was built 7/15, arrived in California 8/8, and finally to Abel on 8/16.

Last edited by TCorzett; 10-31-2017 at 02:05 PM.
Old 10-31-2017, 04:53 PM
lostsoul
Banned Scam/Spammer

I called and they will send me some info. Now all I have to do is stay employed, married, not have another kid or pack on another 20lbs and I'm all set
Old 11-03-2017, 12:18 AM
lostsoul
Banned Scam/Spammer

No email or love from Abel. I think when I told them I would have to cancel if the ME turned out to be a $150K car that probably did it. haha I bet most on the lists wouldn't phase them with a 80K jump. With the 20% off deals out there I dont know how long ill be able to hold on.
Old 11-03-2017, 02:21 PM
TCorzett
Racer

I think when I told them I would have to cancel if the ME turned out to be a $150K car that probably did it.
When you say "ME" do you mean mid-engine? Yeah, sorry... my comments were referring to a 2019 model year (Stingray, GS, Z06) with estimated pricing, etc. based on the 2018's. Rumored vehicles are a whole 'nother can of worms.
Old 11-03-2017, 08:22 PM
383vett
Race Director

Received 1,541 Likes on 1,042 Posts

No email or love from Abel. I think when I told them I would have to cancel if the ME turned out to be a $150K car that probably did it. haha I bet most on the lists wouldn't phase them with a 80K jump. With the 20% off deals out there I dont know how long ill be able to hold on.
So let me know if I have this right. You've hijacked a thread where the op originally asked for a good dealership to service his car with your interest to buy a car that is only a rumor at this point. You complain about Abel not responding to your request to buy this not yet existing car when you told them you wouldn't able to swing the deal if the car was 150K. Does that pretty much sum it up? If so, why don't you start your own thread with your own concerns and in the meantime, do some research about the car of the future you might want to buy; when it might be available and the cost of the car. I'm sure Abel has a list of preferred buyers that would be offered a chance at this limited production car if and when it does come out and you are nowhere near the top.
The following 2 users liked this post by 383vett:
jswilke (11-25-2017), spireland (11-04-2017)
Old 11-03-2017, 10:48 PM
lostsoul
Banned Scam/Spammer

Sorry to get your manties in a bunch. Pictures and video of so called rumors are all over the net including body panels being painted and them cutting 2018 just for the hell of it.

OP had his questions answered before I so called (Rudely) chimed in. Since, I'm local and people on this thread dealt with them I ADDED to the already answered thread instead of wasting space on a new thread that also could have some simple answers. I appreciate Tcorzett letting me know his experience with ordering a car, in WHICH encouraged me to CALL Abel. I'm not here to bash them and just stated I have not heard back and JOKED about them not calling back because of the possible 80K price swing. Finding out what the deposit is and if and when a person can back out if needed should not be that hard to find out. If you want to be a fan boy then so be it. You make assumptions of it being limited. The point is none of us knows HENCE, the question of wanting to know when a person loses their deposit.

so there you have it.. No one was offended or had issues until you jumped in with 0 info for OP or me.
Old 11-04-2017, 01:29 AM
383vett
Race Director

Received 1,541 Likes on 1,042 Posts

Sorry to get your manties in a bunch. Pictures and video of so called rumors are all over the net including body panels being painted and them cutting 2018 just for the hell of it.

OP had his questions answered before I so called (Rudely) chimed in. Since, I'm local and people on this thread dealt with them I ADDED to the already answered thread instead of wasting space on a new thread that also could have some simple answers. I appreciate Tcorzett letting me know his experience with ordering a car, in WHICH encouraged me to CALL Abel. I'm not here to bash them and just stated I have not heard back and JOKED about them not calling back because of the possible 80K price swing. Finding out what the deposit is and if and when a person can back out if needed should not be that hard to find out. If you want to be a fan boy then so be it. You make assumptions of it being limited. The point is none of us knows HENCE, the question of wanting to know when a person loses their deposit.

so there you have it.. No one was offended or had issues until you jumped in with 0 info for OP or me.
If you are calling me a fanboy of Abel, you are right, I am. Abel has been good to more Corvette owners in this area than you can ever imagine. If you diss Abel and if you believe that a dealer will take a deposit from an uncommitted and unknown individual for a car that is nowhere near market ready makes you a perfect example of your name. I don't think I am the only person that was offended by your comment.

Last edited by 383vett; 11-04-2017 at 01:30 AM.
The following users liked this post:
spireland (11-04-2017)
Old 11-04-2017, 02:03 PM
spireland
Melting Slicks

Received 2,147 Likes on 877 Posts

Another Abel fanboy here.

They've been servicing my Vette for about a year, which is a ton of oil changes given how much I drive and helped me out with a few warranty problems. I had an electrical gremlin in my infotainment that took a ton of effort to figure out and they didn't give up like most dealers would have (My wife had a similar issue with her last car, a nissan, and I had to call Nissan HQ to force the dealer to continue to work on it).

Call this fanboy annoyed at the hijacking as well.

Get notified of new replies

To Servicing at Abel

Old 11-04-2017, 03:18 PM
lostsoul
Banned Scam/Spammer

So telling of my 100% truthful experience hurts some fan boys.. ohh so sorry.

Again to me it was not a big deal hence the joke about it. I dont know why they didnt get back to me. Stuff happens. Yes, its early but people are already on lists and have paid a deposit WHICH I also plan to give WHICH would make me a SERIOUS AND KNOWN AND COMMITTED customer.

So even if I started a new thread fan boy punks like you would still complain so state the truth. Your mad because I said an off hand comment of TRUTH about your favorite shop and you run up to defend no matter what? Valid or not your going to pop your nose in and attack. Just because I'm willing to buy a $70-80K not 150K, that makes me not serous. haha I'm sure there are other places that would work for that. Thanks to this forum there are more places and people I can talk to. The sad thing is you made this such a big deal which I never intended it to be, you just helped Able lose business. Congrats.

Last edited by lostsoul; 11-04-2017 at 03:19 PM.
Old 11-04-2017, 07:53 PM
spireland
Melting Slicks

Received 2,147 Likes on 877 Posts

Old 11-07-2017, 05:01 PM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Supporting the Corvette Community at Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista, CA 707-374-6317 Ext.123
Received 1,425 Likes on 597 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

So telling of my 100% truthful experience hurts some fan boys.. ohh so sorry.

Again to me it was not a big deal hence the joke about it. I dont know why they didnt get back to me. Stuff happens. Yes, its early but people are already on lists and have paid a deposit WHICH I also plan to give WHICH would make me a SERIOUS AND KNOWN AND COMMITTED customer.

So even if I started a new thread fan boy punks like you would still complain so state the truth. Your mad because I said an off hand comment of TRUTH about your favorite shop and you run up to defend no matter what? Valid or not your going to pop your nose in and attack. Just because I'm willing to buy a $70-80K not 150K, that makes me not serous. haha I'm sure there are other places that would work for that. Thanks to this forum there are more places and people I can talk to. The sad thing is you made this such a big deal which I never intended it to be, you just helped Able lose business. Congrats.
Sorry I'm late to the party. I have been in Vegas for SEMA and racing in the Optima Invitational all last week. I just returned to work today and I'm trying to get caught up on emails, PM and then voice mails.

Can you please let me know where you sent an inquiry to or what general email recipient you sent it to? I am only asking so that I can search and find out where it went. If it was a general email off the website, GM controls that and we've seen issues in the past where we never receive it on our end. We do have an automatic response set up so that any email coming through the general inbox receives a response within 1-2 minutes and then a sales associate will follow up within 24 hours.

If you prefer to chat offline, please PM and I am more than happy to answer questions or get to the bottom of it. I will tell you that we don't know one single thing about the car, pricing or anything else. Dealers are always the last to know those things.
We do have a couple customers on the list of interested buyers, but legally and morally we can not accept a deposit for a car of the future until we know a little more.

I am not in the sales dept and I do not sell the cars, but any customer service related issue is always my priority.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.

RICH

Quick Reply: Servicing at Abel