Northern California Northern California

Service at Abel

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2018, 12:57 AM
Tron1
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Vette_Fan
While your NEW car is under warranty GM/Chevy dealers are under obligation to Follow the rules and provide service as needed, aren't they?

And if they didn't want to comply with their own brand and provide you with the Mfr's recommended oil (Mobil1), then WHAT were they planning to use instead? Whatever it is, isn't it against the GM recommendation, and how do they Explain all this?
Yes, in theory they are "under obligation" to follow some procedure set by GM... but both dealers in Monterey and Watsonville did not and I dont want to hire an attorney to get the dealer to do their job.

I will try Gilroy next... Abel is just too far to travel for a simple oil change again.
Old 03-08-2018, 01:16 AM
Sunnyvale Dave
Le Mans Master

Received 152 Likes on 122 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16,'19

I hope it works out for you.

After my experiences with Chevrolet service, I have given serious thought to never buying another GM product. I now go to Abel for everything. I feel like other dealerships are going to try to convince me I need unnecessary work performed or not return my phone calls.

I have read Yelp reviews for other dealerships in the San Jose area. Two major problems stood out, cars not getting fixed right and lack of communication from the service department.

Quick Reply: Service at Abel