Northern California Northern California

Sonoma County Z06 owners?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2018, 06:38 PM
kengray
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Sonoma County Z06 owners?

I've got a 2017 Z06 and live in Santa Rosa, Ca. Just wondering if there are any Z06 owners in Sonoma County? Anyone doing track days at Sears Point or Thunderhill in the next couple of months?
Old 02-05-2018, 07:24 PM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Supporting the Corvette Community at Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista, CA 707-374-6317 Ext.123
Received 1,425 Likes on 597 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by kengray
I've got a 2017 Z06 and live in Santa Rosa, Ca. Just wondering if there are any Z06 owners in Sonoma County? Anyone doing track days at Sears Point or Thunderhill in the next couple of months?
A few of us were just up at Thunder Hill on Saturday with Hooked on Driving. You might want to check the Northern California section of the forum. Sometimes the track days get posted and we can see who is attending what.

A good one to put on the schedule is Hooked on Corvettes all Corvette track day on Thursday May 10th at Thunder Hill. We sponsor the event, bring technicians, parts and track support up there for all our customers. It's a great day and many of us stay over Thursday night because they run the 5 mile course on Friday. We have several fast local track cars we've helped build/setup so if you want some good drivers to play with, this is the one to attend.

RICH
Old 02-05-2018, 11:07 PM
gymdoc
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 46 Posts

HOD is how I got into track days.. over 10 yrs ago, but they're too commercial now and gotta love their annual membership fee.. WTF?? never again unless I'm absolutely desperate.. I prefer Speed SF, much more low key, like HOD used to be..
Old 02-05-2018, 11:16 PM
Puttnutt24
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Hello,
Im a proud owner of a 2017 WGGM Z06/Z07 M7 and live in Rohnert Park.
I would love to hook up with fellow Vette owners, and info of a good local club?
Welcome to the forum.
Rich
Old 02-06-2018, 12:13 AM
kengray
Intermediate

Thanks for the info Rich. I’ll make plans to attend

QUOTE=RichieRichZ06;1596531362]A few of us were just up at Thunder Hill on Saturday with Hooked on Driving. You might want to check the Northern California section of the forum. Sometimes the track days get posted and we can see who is attending what.

A good one to put on the schedule is Hooked on Corvettes all Corvette track day on Thursday May 10th at Thunder Hill. We sponsor the event, bring technicians, parts and track support up there for all our customers. It's a great day and many of us stay over Thursday night because they run the 5 mile course on Friday. We have several fast local track cars we've helped build/setup so if you want some good drivers to play with, this is the one to attend.

RICH[/QUOTE]
Old 02-06-2018, 12:19 AM
kengray
Intermediate

Hey Rich, it would be cool to meet sometime and share notes on our Z06s. Mine is also an M7 with Z07 package. I’ve got about 5k miles on it now and am loving it. I drive a lot of the west Sonoma county roads and up Hwy. 1 to Sea Ranch area

Originally Posted by Puttnutt24
Hello,
I would love to hook up with fellow Vette owners, and info of a good local club?
Welcome to the forum.
Rich
Old 02-06-2018, 12:47 AM
kengray
Intermediate

Could this thread be moved to the Northern California section?
Old 02-06-2018, 11:21 AM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Supporting the Corvette Community at Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista, CA 707-374-6317 Ext.123
St. Jude Donor '08

Hello,
Welcome to the forum.
Rich
Hey Rich, it would be cool to meet sometime and share notes on our Z06s. Mine is also an M7 with Z07 package. I’ve got about 5k miles on it now and am loving it. I drive a lot of the west Sonoma county roads and up Hwy. 1 to Sea Ranch area
If you guys need alignments or other track setup work, we're happy to help. We offer corner weighting, alignment, suspension mods and general track day set up on top of all dealership related maintenance/repairs.

You'd be surprised how "off" the factory alignments and set up is for a "track ready" car.

Before you track the cars, there are a few items GM requires and a couple others that are good ideas for safety and longevity.

Rich Willhoff
Service and Parts Director
Abel Chevrolet Buick
Rio Vista, CA
The following users liked this post:
Puttnutt24 (02-06-2018)
Old 02-06-2018, 11:53 AM
kengray
Intermediate

How long does it take and how much for the Track set-up work?

Originally Posted by RichieRichZ06
If you guys need alignments or other track setup work, we're happy to help. We offer corner weighting, alignment, suspension mods and general track day set up on top of all dealership related maintenance/repairs.

You'd be surprised how "off" the factory alignments and set up is for a "track ready" car.

Before you track the cars, there are a few items GM requires and a couple others that are good ideas for safety and longevity.

Rich Willhoff
Service and Parts Director
Abel Chevrolet Buick
Rio Vista, CA
Old 02-06-2018, 01:37 PM
Puttnutt24
Instructor

Thanks Rich,
I’m very fimilar with your dealership, I bought a midnight edition Silverado and a 2017 Grand Sport from my all time favorite salesman Chris Harding. Please tell him hello for me, my full name is Rich Alexander.
Rich, you guys may be able to help me. I’d like to install a Corsa Extreme exhaust system with X pipe. My problem is I haven’t found a local shop that I trust working on my Z06. Is this something your service dept would help me out with?
Old 02-06-2018, 01:38 PM
Puttnutt24
Instructor

Thanks Rich,
I’m very fimilar with your dealership, I bought a midnight edition Silverado and a 2017 Grand Sport from my all time favorite salesman Chris Harding. Please tell him hello for me, my full name is Rich Alexander.
Rich, you guys may be able to help me. I’d like to install a Corsa Extreme exhaust system with X pipe. My problem is I haven’t found a local shop that I trust working on my Z06. Is this something your service dept would help me out with?
Old 02-06-2018, 03:28 PM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08

How long does it take and how much for the Track set-up work?
Depending on what all you want to have done, it can take anywhere from a couple hours up to several.

Ideally GM recommends burnishing your brakes and then swapping out to a premium Dot 4 brake fluid before tracking the car. GM also recommends reducing the amount of antifreeze/coolant in the system to a 75% water and 25% coolant mix, along with changing the engine oil to a Mobil One 15w50.

If you plan to do a couple track days, I would definitely check and adjust the alignment to a more aggressive setting. The level of grip the Z07 can generate will kill the outside edges of your tires in 1-2 track days. Maximizing the alignment can help that tremendously.

Thanks Rich,
Thanks for being a loyal Abel customer.

We can definitely install the Corsa for you. We've installed several of them and they sounds great, especially at wide open throttle. The only downside is that you lose the ability to close them like the stock exhaust when you want to be quiet.
The following users liked this post:
Puttnutt24 (02-09-2018)
Old 02-06-2018, 04:04 PM
kengray
Intermediate

I plan on doing multiple track days and would like to do all that you have suggested; brake fluid, antifreeze/coolant change, engine oil, alignment adjustment. What is the approximate charge for that and how far in advance should I book an appointment? Ken

Originally Posted by RichieRichZ06
Depending on what all you want to have done, it can take anywhere from a couple hours up to several.

Ideally GM recommends burnishing your brakes and then swapping out to a premium Dot 4 brake fluid before tracking the car. GM also recommends reducing the amount of antifreeze/coolant in the system to a 75% water and 25% coolant mix, along with changing the engine oil to a Mobil One 15w50.

If you plan to do a couple track days, I would definitely check and adjust the alignment to a more aggressive setting. The level of grip the Z07 can generate will kill the outside edges of your tires in 1-2 track days. Maximizing the alignment can help that tremendously.

Thanks for being a loyal Abel customer.

We can definitely install the Corsa for you. We've installed several of them and they sounds great, especially at wide open throttle. The only downside is that you lose the ability to close them like the stock exhaust when you want to be quiet.
Old 02-06-2018, 07:21 PM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08

I plan on doing multiple track days and would like to do all that you have suggested; brake fluid, antifreeze/coolant change, engine oil, alignment adjustment. What is the approximate charge for that and how far in advance should I book an appointment? Ken
Assuming you still have a maintenance service covered by GM, the oil change can be charged to that. If you've used all 3 of the included services GM offers, your cost on the Mobil One 15w50 oil change is $104 plus tax.

The rest of the work would run about $500 (parts and labor) and we would typically need 4-5 days notice to book the appointment. We can do it all while you wait (4-5 hours total) and I'd be happy to have a driver run you up to a local restaurant to kill time. If it's easier to take a loaner vehicle for the day, that is also OK, but the reservation list for loaners can often stretch the availability out a couple additional days.

RICH
Old 02-10-2018, 09:12 PM
ChrisVette11
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't have a C7 Z06, but i have a C5 corvette and i'm always down to cruise.
Old 02-13-2018, 12:21 AM
LeManscoupe05
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 47 Posts

I own the 2017 Admiral Blue Grand Sport in Rohnert Park.
Old 03-02-2018, 01:02 PM
Puttnutt24
Instructor

A huge shout out to Rich and his crew at Rio Vista Chevrolet. They removed the Cup 2 tires from my Z07 and installed a set of MPSS and performed a street performance alignment and I felt the difference as soon as I released the clutch. I drove away in a much better handling car.
Next, Corsa Xtreme w/X pipe and black tips.
I’ll call you in the next two to three weeks for install Rich, thanks again.
Richard Alexander.

Get notified of new replies

To Sonoma County Z06 owners?

Old 03-02-2018, 10:21 PM
ptroxx
Race Director

Location: Henderson Nv-Rohnert Park/Sonoma C o. ca/born in NY Rockaway Beach.
Received 544 Likes on 384 Posts

Any of you guys go to the novato CNC ??
Old 03-03-2018, 04:37 PM
LeManscoupe05
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by ptroxx
Any of you guys go to the novato CNC ??
When is it?
Old 03-03-2018, 08:26 PM
ptroxx
Race Director

Location: Henderson Nv-Rohnert Park/Sonoma C o. ca/born in NY Rockaway Beach.
Received 544 Likes on 384 Posts

It’s the first Sunday of the month
So tomorrow
I was gonna clean the car up today but. ........ .......

Quick Reply: Sonoma County Z06 owners?