North Bay Area Tuner - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
Northern California Northern California

North Bay Area Tuner

Old 12-04-2018, 06:02 PM
CapslockAnt
CF Member

Default North Bay Area Tuner

Sorry to start yet another tuner thread, but I'm looking for some guidance.

I'm located in Santa Rosa in the North Bay. I just recently had the harmonic balancer go bad on my 02 C5 Z06 (114k miles). I'm having my trusted local auto shop, who within the past year replaced the valve springs (COMP Cams springs) and installed a trunnion upgrade kit and has performed the majority of service / general maintenance work for my car throughout my ownership, perform the harmonic balancer replacement as well as replace some other misc items (oil pump, water pump, timing chain, etc). After digging through these forums, everybody suggests that now is the time for a camshaft upgrade. My local auto shop has specced out a new camshaft (COMP Cams 223/227,.610",.614", 112 -- if I recall correctly) after speaking directly speaking with COMP Cams and explaining the current spec of my car and what I'm using the car for (spirited weekend driving, occasional road track weekend). COMP Cams has said that the stock tune 'will work' with the new camshaft, but I obviously want to maximize performance and engine stability.

My problem is that my local auto shop does not perform tuning services. I've been digging through these forums to try and find a reputable tuner within the general bay area, and have found a few solid suggestions -- but none that are able to tune my car.

Matt @ GP Tuning is booked 3 months out. Rick @ Synergy will not tune my car since it will be built/upgraded outside of his shop (which is weird because I read a ton of forum posts about people installing parts at Abel Chevrolet and then tuning at his shop, but that's besides the point). I've sent an email to AJ at In-Frame Tuning and I'm waiting to hear back (optimistic about this one since it's right in my backyard @ Napa).

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by CapslockAnt; 12-04-2018 at 06:10 PM.
Old 12-06-2018, 11:47 AM
lt1z
CF Senior Member

Try RPM in Santa Rosa
Old 12-07-2018, 06:28 PM
CapslockAnt
CF Member

Originally Posted by lt1z View Post
Try RPM in Santa Rosa
I got ahold of AJ @ Performance In-Frame Tuning who said he could schedule me for mid January. Depending on how the car runs on the stock tune next week when I get it, I may wait it out until then. If it runs rough I'll probably see what RPM's schedule is looking like.

Thanks!

Last edited by CapslockAnt; 12-07-2018 at 06:28 PM.

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: