Northern California Northern California

What would be a fair price to pay something to check out a car.

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2019, 03:00 PM
31coupe
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Default What would be a fair price to pay something to check out a car.

several years ago I bought a C5 and I was disappointed after I bought it when I found out it had been in a wrack. The car fax was clean nothing looked unusual. I want to get a C6 and more than likely it will be off Craig's List, like my last one. I live in Northern Calif, Sacramento area and was wondering what a fair price would be to pay someone to go with me to check out a potential purchase. I don't belong to a car club yet but would like to have someone that has a C6 or corvette knowledge to go with me. I realize that nothing is ever perfect but someone with corvette experience would be very helpful. I will try and contact a club in the area to see if someone would do that. Thank you in advance for your advice.
Old 11-08-2019, 04:17 PM
gimp
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 364 Likes on 281 Posts

If you can, maybe bring it to Abel for a PPF - I assume they do that? However much they charge is gonna be fair.

Usually a PPF is around 1-2h of book time. You can pay more for more in depth inspections but usually all you need to know is 1) is there unknown damage, 2) are major components acting funky or worn to hell, and 3) does it seem like it has issues right now that you care about. Doesn't take a super long time for a basic check, hence the 1-2h rate being fairly standard.
Old 11-08-2019, 05:17 PM
31coupe
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by gimp
If you can, maybe bring it to Abel for a PPF - I assume they do that? However much they charge is gonna be fair.

Usually a PPF is around 1-2h of book time. You can pay more for more in depth inspections but usually all you need to know is 1) is there unknown damage, 2) are major components acting funky or worn to hell, and 3) does it seem like it has issues right now that you care about. Doesn't take a super long time for a basic check, hence the 1-2h rate being fairly standard.
Thank you for the response, Abel worked on my C5 so would do that if I could work it out with the owner for sure, they are just 1/2 hour from here or about 45 minutes or so from Sacramento..

Get notified of new replies

To What would be a fair price to pay something to check out a car.

Quick Reply: What would be a fair price to pay something to check out a car.