Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Land Rover LR3 or Jeep Commander

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 11:41 AM
BrooklynC6
aka allbottle¬hrottle

Location: Brooklyn New York The DVL and the chicken sleep with the fishes....
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Default Land Rover LR3 or Jeep Commander

My wifes Jeep lease is up and I found a great deal on a demo Land Rover LR3 , all the bells and whistles - Anyone have any experiance with this truck , or better yet anyone actually use it off road ? The jeep was like a billy goat in the mountains but I need to get a bigger truck now - Either I'm gonna get this truck or the Jeep Commander .
Reliability will probably suck with both ....
Thanks !!
Old 08-14-2007, 10:53 PM
autodesign21
Burning Brakes

Received 198 Likes on 69 Posts

LR3 is ugly as ****, the jeep is boring, the rover will be better off road though. My RR Sport is my favorite!

Old 08-15-2007, 09:06 AM
ruf455
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

If you get rid of it before the warranty runs out...go for it. If you are the kind to keep the service intervals up to date, go to an authorized rover shop other than the dealer service...a private shop will save you money and potentially use better parts. I have experienced some "genuine" rover parts to be junk, from the get go. The series I, II's and the LR3 are all very capable off road (I stress very capable). Besides that, they are nice if not a bit odd looking. Be prepared to visit the service department...frequently. Though I've had them go both ways from no problems to repeated b.s. issues every other week. They are outstanding pieces of sh*t. Truly a love hate relationship. I love them, love driving them, taking them on road trips, blazing past jeeps and such on trails, however I will never waste my time or money like that again You never know, you might be the lucky 20% who don't have issues. It may have changed, but in order to keep the warranty effective you HAVE TO have it serviced at every interval called for in it's service booklet or LR will not honor the warranty if you have any issues.

...there are reliability issues on the Jeep too...

Last edited by ruf455; 08-15-2007 at 09:12 AM.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:05 AM
autodesign21
Burning Brakes

Received 198 Likes on 69 Posts

Ive been in the so called lucky class, only issue I had was having to replace the air compressor, and the ashtray lid. Probably one of the all around best vehicles Ive owner, other than gas mileage!
Old 08-16-2007, 11:41 AM
lionsfan5454
Team Owner

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by autodesign21
LR3 is ugly as ****, the jeep is boring, the rover will be better off road though. My RR Sport is my favorite!

I don't think your Range Rover would be much good off road though...
Old 08-16-2007, 01:05 PM
BrooklynC6
aka allbottle¬hrottle

Location: Brooklyn New York The DVL and the chicken sleep with the fishes....
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by autodesign21

Nice Ride - I like the sport , but I need somthing bigger and I want a tough off-roader . I know RR says the sport can handle the rough stuff, I just wouldnt want to try. The LR3 is ugly , no doubt , but it has a "look" to it that I like ..

Get notified of new replies

To Land Rover LR3 or Jeep Commander