Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Infiniti G35 sedan vs Mazda RX-8

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 08:38 PM
opua
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Infiniti G35 sedan vs Mazda RX-8

Hi, I am asking this on behalf of my cousin. He is looking at these two cars and can't seem to figure out which one he likes. He does not need the space. He likes the Rotary engine, but like the power of the G35.

G35 Sport - $35k, faster, more space, more comfortable and quieter

RX-8 - $32k, better shifter, better steering feel, better brakes, but slower

I am not sure which car handles better, I think they are about the same.

Anyone here have tried both cars? (Maybe I should be asking this in the G35/RX-8 forum, but figured guys here will be more objective.)
Old 10-20-2007, 05:09 PM
Ted P
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 129 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by opua
Hi, I am asking this on behalf of my cousin. He is looking at these two cars and can't seem to figure out which one he likes. He does not need the space. He likes the Rotary engine, but like the power of the G35.

Anyone here have tried both cars? (Maybe I should be asking this in the G35/RX-8 forum, but figured guys here will be more objective.)
my wife has the g35x sedan. Nice car. The g35 coupe is more comparable to the rx8. I'd take the g35 coupe. Much better looking and much quiker than the rx8 but I don't like the rotary engine or the way it sounds.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:14 PM
Blue Lion
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 196 Likes on 117 Posts

I can't help with the RX8, but I recently bought an 07 G35 coupe and so far so good. The warranty is better (I think) on the G, and to me the looks are no comparison. Mazda makes a good car, but I never considered the RX8.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:15 PM
The Batman
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The engine is the heart of the automobile, and the Nissan VQ engines are much better than the Wankel crap that Mazda just can't perfect but still foists upon their hapless customers. To me, the choice between those two is easy, the Nissan wins, mostly because of its better engine.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:15 AM
Boost_TT
Racer

Suspension/Handling obviously goes to the RX8. But the G35 is a 350Z with a new body. The G35 is great for a DD and it handles awesome for what it is. I had 2 of them a 2004 and 2005. Great cars.

Originally Posted by opua

Old 10-24-2007, 01:47 PM
MVR 155
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Cruise-In XI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Originally Posted by Ted P
my wife has the g35x sedan. Nice car. The g35 coupe is more comparable to the rx8. I'd take the g35 coupe. Much better looking and much quiker than the rx8 but I don't like the rotary engine or the way it sounds.
The G35 coupe would be a much better comparison to the RX-8..... I drove the Mazda when it first came out, definately a fun car but I do like the G35 better (have driven this too), better drivetrain, may give up a pinch in the handling department but is just a way nicer car.... Gets way better gas mileage too if thats a concern to you.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:24 PM
UAE-Vette
Racer

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THE RX8.

I was allowed to take one for a play a few years back before opting for GTI as the company car.

Model: the smaller engine but faster accelerating RX8. I took it for a play with a friend who is a car sales man and racing driver.

I took it first:
Outside looks good, Interior nice. Then oh no.. i turn the key. The engine is rubbish, it is so weak. I dont mean Vs a Corvette, I mean agaisnt any hot hatch. It is dreadfull, it is slower than a week in the jail. It whines like it is going to explode. Requires oil almost as much as it needs fuel (16mpg). Just avoid so disapointing for a car that looks and before you start it feels the part.

Mate 2nd:
In scotland we are blessed with excellent twisty back roads, he takes it for a blast, i was cacking myself not used to entering corners and using gears to slow I was thrilled, after 15 minutes of near death white nuckels I said what do you think? Response "$h*t."

I hear the Infinity is excellent. xxx

Get notified of new replies

To Infiniti G35 sedan vs Mazda RX-8

Quick Reply: Infiniti G35 sedan vs Mazda RX-8